Crown Point good or great ?

12INDIANS

I didn't get to see C.P. wrestle while we were at the Traicoff , but word of mouth is they're not just stacked with ranked wrestlers but the unranked  ones are tough . It looks like they only have a couple of weak spots but that's covered up by the dominance of some of the top  wrestlers like Tsirtsis and Roach . Can they be beat ?

I didn't get to see C.P. wrestle while we were at the Traicoff , but word of mouth is they're not just stacked with ranked wrestlers but the unranked  ones are tough . It looks like they only have a couple of weak spots but that's covered up by the dominance of some of the top  wrestlers like Tsirtsis and Roach . Can they be beat ?

I don't think so . I think they are at least 10 points better than PM or MD . And CP appears to be every bit as dominant as Mishawaka was last year .

I still think CP beats Merrillville but it is always a great dual. Maldonado always finds guys to step it up I think it is going to be alot closer than people think. Maybe 7 matches each but CP 35, 40, 45 and 52 are pretty much locks. Is this cp team better then the championship team? I don't think so

103 halsted 7th

112 Hawkins champ

119 manes SSQ

125 Tsirtsis Champ

130 Shurg SSQ & SQ

135 Roach 2nd 4 th

140 Flamme SSQ

145 Renn SSQ

152 Pogorzelski SSQ

160 Myers 3rd

171 Kooi

189 Shrewsbury champ

215 Bakalik SQ

HWT Marshall

What do you rank good or great?  If CP does happen to win it all as a team, do they have to win every match in a dual to be great.  CP is very solid top to bottom and they are going to come across teams with better wrestlers in some weight classes.  You can't compare this team with the State team until the final team match of the season.  Hope everyone stays healthy because  CP has a chance to have  9 State Qualifiers.

The only team that will compete with the dogs is Perry. Unfortunately for jimmy he may run into another great team. Perry's problem is there non dominance of  there SQ, and weakness in a few weight classes. CP doesn't have that. CP is Great!

We will be able to tell better after the Merrillville match.  Right now I think

Perry Meridian, Yorktown and Mater Dei would  have the best chance of beating

them.  They haven't really wrestled the toughest schedule so far

I think it will be Perry vs. Crown Point the match will be by one weight class. 215 will be a big swing match!!

DemOGuy your killing us 2 weeks ago it was Roncalli(who is tough) who was the big threat, and you predicted Roncalli to beat PM with Tucker Roncalli's 215lbs beating Cooper, and now you have Cooper and Krayl as the swing match! Dude you flop around like a fish... ::)

I would to!  I Know I said 9 s/q but that is my opinion.  They may only get 5 or 6.  I just think when your rated number 1 you have to pull your own wieght and improve  every week.  That will help you in your individual matches in the tourney.  It also helps when the #3 in the country and #1 AT 145  in the state practice in the same room as you.

I would to!  I Know I said 9 s/q but that is my opinion.  They may only get 5 or 6.  I just think when your rated number 1 you have to pull your own wieght and improve  every week.  That will help you in your individual matches in the tourney.  It also helps when the #3 in the country and #1 AT 145  in the state practice in the same room as you.

that doesn't hurt. Working with alot of those guys will make any team better

Love your  loyalty to who comes out of Marion County,that is what it is all about. 

Have a strong feeling CP is only going to get stronger with Bil Hawkins and Alex Tsirtis running the Bulldog feeder program.

Did they move to Illinois?  I kid, I kid.

The State Champion Team is coming out of Marion County this year!  Sorry Region!

Saw your prediction in Feb. 09 where you had C.P. figured third for the State Title  , keep up the good work . Hawkins and Tsirtsis started their own school  I believe it's called The Region Wrestling Academy ,  it's not just C.P. kids it's wrestlers from mainly N.W. I. , the training is done at Calumet High School .

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.