Nathan Boston the real deal?

ontherise219

I agree the Micic-Fuqua match could have gone either way.  Both should be ranked atleast in the top 10.

They have wrestled each other many times so they know what to look for as far as offense goes.  Fuqua did

win without scoring a takedown, but the ref was within the rules on the points given.

I saw Boston at the Traicoff and I believe he is going to be hard to beat.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

boston has alotta expierence on some real big stages....i dont think conseco will have the same effect on him as it does some freshman....all boston has wrestled the last 5 years has been national tournaments so boomsma being to "the show" will not be advantageous for him at all....i believe senior vs freshman will mean more than anything else cuz nathan has been all over the country and won everywhere too

I originally posted a question about Nathan on the New Castle Semi-State Ranking thread  and received some good feedback.  The post above mine makes me wish to revisit this again.  What are Nathan's credentials in wrestling both in and out of state?  Who has he beat of note on the National Level? Basically I'm asking for a wrestling resume...I know crazy right...but rankings do require it.  Feel free to pm me with some info or if you are wondering why I'm curious about it.

Thanks!

i watched the match today and the munster boy did a fantastic job of playing defense against a better wrestler.  I saw it last year when Jackson and t-shirts wrestled.  :play defense and you will keep it close.  Boston is good, He will be a 4 time champ.

i watched the match today and the munster boy did a fantastic job of playing defense against a better wrestler.  I saw it last year when Jackson and t-shirts wrestled.  :play defense and you will keep it close.  Boston is good, He will be a 4 time champ.

lol you really think you can make that prediction already???

^^^^ a lot of times that is to be said but of y have followed a particular uwrestler for as lon as ppl have Boston hen they wjould be at the national level many times hence being ranked 20 in the nation and beating number 17 thorn 5-0..its been done before maybe he will be our next 4xer.....

Funny you mentioned this, but I think I will spin this into another topic since this would not fit under Nathan Boston the real deal?

Walk through, Blow out I would think looks like a Tech in the first period or even the second like he has with most everyone else, or a pin within seconds as we have seen in some others.  There were 20 sec left when he got the tech fall in the finals match.  There is still time for some of these newer wrestlers to learn.   

I think that any tech constitutes a "walk through".

If Marciano can get from the first match to the second being 4-0, I think someone ranked in the top 5 could definatly beat Boston, Im not against him, Im just saying

If you watch the match, the only good thing Marciano did was not get turned, which is good against a higher caliber wrestler, but Boston rode him for like 2 whole periods. I think this match actually shows how much better Boston is. He has great riding ability, if he wants to keep you down he is going to. If Marciano had been able to escape before the last two 2 seconds of the match I am almost positive Boston would have taken him down again. It wasn't a close match, it was a controlled match by Boston. With all that being said, Marciano definitely showed good bottom defense and I wish him the best of luck as I see him having much sucess this season.

4-timer if he stays at 103....maybe, but it becomes much harder if he goes up in weight.    Lets wait and see if he wins one first.

4-timer if he stays at 103....maybe, but it becomes much harder if he goes up in weight.    Lets wait and see if he wins one first.

He wont stay 103, thats stupid, if he stays 103 his whole four years, what happens when college comes around

You say it is stupid Stally but Cody Phillips is in his Junior year and is at 112.  I have been waiting for him to go up a bit in weight just in preparation for the next level.   Along with Petrov, Brooks, and Todd.

On a somewhat unrelated note.....what was Angel his Senior Year.....135?   I remember him smoking Cyler Sanderson his Senior year at 135 or 140?

You say it is stupid Stally but Cody Phillips is in his Junior year and is at 112.  I have been waiting for him to go up a bit in weight just in preparation for the next level.   Along with Petrov, Brooks, and Todd.

On a somewhat unrelated note.....what was Angel his Senior Year.....135?   I remember him smoking Cyler Sanderson his Senior year at 135 or 140?

Yeah he's not at 103 anymore, Boston wont stay at 103

• 1 month later...

Looks like he was this year. 

It will be interesting watching him the next three years.  Seems like Freshman 103 Champs sometimes struggle repeating as they grow a bit.  Don't think there has been a four timer that has started his run of 4 @ 103 since Ellis accomplished this feat in the late 80's.  He looked pretty confident out there this year in a deep weight class and sounded even more confident in his post finals interview!  Good Luck on your 4 year mission Nathan.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.