Rulon Gardner....bad times

SlickRodz

My wife and daughter watch the show "Biggest Loser". It is about fat people tring to lose weight for money. Last night was the final episode for the season. They did a commercial for next season and guess who one of the contestants is?

Wrestling Legend Rulon Gardner, who currently weighs 432lbs. Ouch!

Easy money on him being winner!!!!!!

I have had to suffer through a few nights of this show when my wife has the remote and I was doing work.

Few things are working against him winning it all. 

He may have gained in the fat department but he also has a ton of muscle underneath that will hurt him reach the major weight cut numbers.

When it comes down to voting the lowest two off many times they remove the person they feel has the start to do the rest of it at home on their own.  I'm guessing Rulon will fit into that catagory if placed up against another candidate other participants also like.

I would hope by now the other contestants have learned to removed the "athletic" guys early if they have a chance to win since its more a game than a weight loss camp.  If not it usually means the "atletic" ones keep working hard, dropping decent numbers, and usually make it to the end.

I hope he is able to get himself back to a good weight for his health, but I don't quite see him winning unless the other participants just drop the ball.

When it comes down to voting the lowest two off many times they remove the person they feel has the start to do the rest of it at home on their own.  I'm guessing Rulon will fit into that catagory if placed up against another candidate other participants also like.

Shouldn't he be doing it already then?

I actually thing there are enough former athletic stars with wieght issues they could have probably done some type of special biggest loser competition with an average person and a athlete as partners.  That would help boost the rating up a notch as they go into their 10th or so season.

On another season a heavyweight from Iowa (state not university) was in the finals.  My brother, AWood3 and also an ex-heavyweight, entered a similar contest at work.  By week 6 everyone had quit the contest and he took 300 bucks home 100 lbs. lighter.  I agree, letting and athlete/ex-wrestler into a contest like this is not a good idea for good of the contest.

On the other hand, I have been telling everyone at work today simply because I think people should hear his life story.  He is an example of how wrestling can have a positive impact on someone's life both on the mat and after the last whistle blows.  The new season starts Jan. 4.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.