Mater Dei Holiday Classic

Extra6

I know its still kind of early but lets here some talk about this wonderful tournament.

Mater Dei usually takes care of business, but from what I hear and from what I have seen the boys from Franklin Community can flat out braw with the toughest teams in the state.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reitz has a tough team as well as Mater Dei, obviously. Wedding (119) from Memorial is one to watch out for. Blackwell (103), Ervin (112), Carr (130), Thomas (140), Ervin (152) are tough wrestlers from Union Co, Ky. Fahy (125), Hitchings (135), Darrow (215) are tough from Trinity (Louisville). I don't know too much else about any of the Indiana schools. Potential matchups anyone?

112: Goebel (MD) vs. Ervin (UC)

If anybody is to knock off Ervin it will be Sam Goebel. Goebel is a stud and I think that in front of a huge home crown with MD perfect holiday classic record on the line I think Goebel will pull off the upset.

112: Goebel (MD) vs. Ervin (UC)

If anybody is to knock off Ervin it will be Sam Goebel. Goebel is a stud and I think that in front of a huge home crown with MD perfect holiday classic record on the line I think Goebel will pull off the upset.

hmm  i would predict  Ervin to win by  at least a  major dec. against Goebel.Ervin is a stud and won this tourney last year as an 8th grader, i dont see anyone getting in his way of doing the same thing this year..

103- Lykins Franklin Community

112-Ervin UC

119-Wedding

125- Fayhe Trinity

130- Carr UC but the freshmen from Franklin is really tough

135- Hitchings Trinity

140- Van Horn Franklin

145- Weinzaphel MD

152- Bowman Franklin kid is real tough had a 13-8 match with Roach at Calumet and had him on his back twice.

160- Sims

171-??

189- Boots MD

215- Knura Franklin

285- The MD kid i forget his name

Caleb Ervin beat D. Welch 6-1. I honestly don't see anyone touching him at 152. He lost to C. Zuber his freshman year in close matches twice at this tournament, just 2 of his 5 losses in his high school career all coming his freshman year. So obviously he is capable of being beat, and this tournament is a tough one no doubt. Trae Blackwell will be the new #1 ranked 103 pounder in KY when the new rankings come out after his mauling of the current #1 wrestler on his way to the championship at the Raider Rumble. He will do some damage at this tournament if he continues to wrestle the way he has been all season. Hitchings at 135 is beatable but has improved a lot. Don't see anyone touching Knura at 215. Logan Wedding is capable of winning this at 119 but there is always a surprise at this weight class. Is sims going 60?

103- Lykins Franklin Community

112-Ervin UC

119-Wedding

125- Fayhe Trinity

130- Carr UC but the freshmen from Franklin is really tough

135- Hitchings Trinity

140- Van Horn Franklin

145- Weinzaphel MD

152- Bowman Franklin kid is real tough had a 13-8 match with Roach at Calumet and had him on his back twice.

160- Sims

171-??

189- Boots MD

215- Knura Franklin

285- The MD kid i forget his name

103:UC

112: UC

119: ME

125 LT

130: UC

135: MV

140:FR

145:MD

152:UC

160:MD

171:UC

189:MD

215:FR

285:UC

I wrestled for UC. They won't win 71 or heavy. Both are frosh. Might be talented but have never faced this tough comp before. The only one from UC on there that might win it is Thomas at 140/135 wherever he goes. stud. It's funny Wedding from Memorial is first cousins with Unions 12, 25, and 52 pounders. I live with Weddings brothers at UK. I only hope the best to him, wish he was at UC haha. I always loved this tournament though. Kentucky competition isn't as stiff as Indiana's so I love when UC can take on the best they can before regional matches start. Ervin (152) is as the Beast of the East in Delaware starting tomorrow. He has the 8 seed. Wish sims would drop to see this match. I don't know anything about FC but they always bring a ridiculous squad. Best of luck to everyone and drive safe during this weather. Done with finals....finally. Ready for some Harrison competition tomorrow and saturday.

Can't wait for the MD Holiday Classic.  As always, it should be a good show.  Excited about getting my first look at the Ervin's this year ~ those kids are studs.  Is Lykins from FC a freshman?  Good luck to all the teams ~ time to see some great, competitive matches!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.