RANKINGS UPDATED 12/12 at 7:20PM

RankingsGuy

hey everyone, the rankings have been updated with everything that i missed from last night's update.  not too many changes, but enough to make it worth a look.  as usual, please post relevant info, questions, concerns here, or email me at rankingsguy@hotmail.com

Looks like several of these guys don't have anything listed under Noteable Wins and Losses.  This may be the reason the RC hasn't been able to move them up the rankings much and in some cases they have moved slightly down in the rankings.  If the information is not their vs. decent opponents he is probably at the point where he has to give some credit to those guys who he has heard has had some solid wins.  It makes it hard when only sparadic information comes in so make sure someone valid is getting solid information prior to ranking changes  and these guys should get the respect they deserve in the rankings.

Boomsma over Shepard has to be a notable win.

Yes, I would agree it is definitely a notable one especially if it was a huge scoring difference.  But as mentioned that info has to be in the hands of the RC from multiple sources or at least one credable one prior to the updates.  It may help him in the next update, but I'm guessing he didn't have it available for this last one.  Not sure who is or isn't getting this information in as it occurs, but the more provided the easier its is to make a good decision on how to move people around.

Boomsma over Shepard has to be a notable win.

Did this match happen at 103 or 112?  Is Shepherd dropping to 103 or was it Boomsma that bumped up to 112?

Boston moved above Boomsma because of his ridiculously dominating weekend at the Traicoff, beating 3 kids in the top 25 by 12 pts or greater all while going 5-0.

Henderson (125) from MD still undefeated, has dominated everyone he has wrestled and falls 5 spots?

125 admittedly was my toughest weight class to rank and the weight that I feel least confident about.  The Binion tech fall of Kief really makes this weight interesting.  This weight should clear up like most of the others in the next week or so, and until then, I'm going to leave it as is.

Boston moved above Boomsma because of his ridiculously dominating weekend at the Traicoff, beating 3 kids in the top 25 by 12 pts or greater all while going 5-0.

It's interesting that Knura isn't in the same boat then. Not only is he a returning placer in the same weight class, but he has notable and/or dominating wins over guys ranked #8, #10, and #12. It's interesting that he placed 4th at 215 and the guy ranked above him placed 5th 4 weight classes lower last year. Maybe I've missed some discussion on this already, but I just found it intriguing.

It's interesting that Knura isn't in the same boat then. Not only is he a returning placer in the same weight class, but he has notable and/or dominating wins over guys ranked #8, #10, and #12. It's interesting that he placed 4th at 215 and the guy ranked above him placed 5th 4 weight classes lower last year. Maybe I've missed some discussion on this already, but I just found it intriguing.

Knura, while impressive, was not as dominant as Boston was this weekend.

Knura, while impressive, was not as dominant as Boston was this weekend.

as a big man i think he dominated just as much as what Boston did..... both man handled opponents and completely dominated everyone...  Knura didnt score as many points but was just as dominant....

as a big man i think he dominated just as much as what Boston did..... both man handled opponents and completely dominated everyone...  Knura didnt score as many points but was just as dominant....

I disagree... thus far, Knura only beat an 8th ranked wrestler by 2 points, as well as only beating an unranked freshman by 6..

Boston, on the other hand, in what was a similar matchup for him against 9th ranked Marciano, won by 12 points, as well as tech-falling 3 top 25 kids and pinning another one.

Rankingsguy,

I am still curious as to how a guy that moves up 4 weight classes gets ranked above a returner that placed 4th at the same weight class. Did Reese have a great summer at some national tournaments? It just still isn't registering for me why a guy that placed lower in his weight class 4 weight classes below is ranked higher...

Did this match happen at 103 or 112?  Is Shepherd dropping to 103 or was it Boomsma that bumped up to 112?

Jacob wrestled at 103. I cannot confirm who EMD wrestled there!? Our write-up did not make the local paper (arg!!!) so I do not have the box score. Will check this evening and get back to you.

Rankingsguy,

I am still curious as to how a guy that moves up 4 weight classes gets ranked above a returner that placed 4th at the same weight class. Did Reese have a great summer at some national tournaments? It just still isn't registering for me why a guy that placed lower in his weight class 4 weight classes below is ranked higher...

It says he came from a weight class where they know how to wrestle. Sorry but the bigger weights are very thin when it comes wrestling ability. Alot of people should move up where the quality is lacking.

Just wondering, from looking at the rankings, then looking at results, some wrestlers are ranked at a weight class below what they have wrestled so far this season. Just wondering if this is because their coaches said they would be at the lower weight come tournament time?

Just wondering, from looking at the rankings, then looking at results, some wrestlers are ranked at a weight class below what they have wrestled so far this season. Just wondering if this is because their coaches said they would be at the lower weight come tournament time?

I think that is correct in most cases.  RankingsGuy has gotten word that many of these guys are dropping

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.