Jeffersonville seeds

bbulldog152

But how do you seed someone below two wrestlers he has beat head to head?

I wouldn't stress it too bad. I'm thinking the 7 seed will be in the bottom bracket so that could end up being better than getting seeded 4th being in the top bracket with the only guy that has beat your kid all year.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The 7 seed is in the top bracket! Should be the two seed!!!!

I believe in a regular 16 yeam bracket the 7th seed in in the bottom side of the bracket and would face the 2nd seed in the quarter-finals.

Also, not sure of all this seeding info, its accuracy, and how it played out.  It may be whoever posted the results was confused on the list of seeding.  I also know each tournament has its own criteria for seeding that is not exactly the same as the state tournament criteria.  Thinks like previous years finish sometimes play a factor.  The round robin issue of he beat him who beat him who beat him also end up hurting someone in the brackets and sometimes dropping them farther down than you would expect.

I will say some coaches don't speak up because is some cases one seed isn't much difference over all than the one above or below it because of how the tournament plays out.  Other times I've notice some coaches like the advantage of being a slightly lower seed and putting out a tough early opponent instead of having them later on.  Or coaches insisting on sticking to the exact seeding criteria at one weight but then wanting common sense to prevail over the exact criteria in another weight to get certain kids in place or away from what they feel are dangerous opponents for them to wrestle.    Not saying this was the case but its been noticed before.

There is a set criteria for seeding this tournament and that is how it goes., overall record is one of the last criteria used for seeding this tournament. Maybe some coaches felt it was better for their kid have a lower seed, for example sometimes it could be better to be the 6 seed instead of 4 0r 5 because it puts you in the bottom half away from the 1 seed. Also all 16 coaches were in attendence at this seeding meeting today.

The 7 seed is in the top bracket! Should be the two seed!!!!

how did the kid do in the state tourney last year. I know the 3 seed went to semi state so unless he went to semi state two he shouldn't have been seeded higher then 4th which means he would have to face boots in the semi finals now he can face boots in the finals which earns more team points. But like what's been said I see a lot of bad seeds. Gast was a semi-state qualifier and got a 6 seed.

I will say at 145lbs I stated I thought Weinzapfel should be the #2 seed.  MD coach didn't really say anything so they kept moving on.  He lost in OT to Weekly if I heard correctly. 

I'm sure MD's coach isn't worried about seeds. Though it does kind of mess things up for the other teams. I don't know anything about the Christain Academy team or why they had so many seeds

how did the kid do in the state tourney last year. I know the 3 seed went to semi state so unless he went to semi state two he shouldn't have been seeded higher then 4th which means he would have to face boots in the semi finals now he can face boots in the finals which earns more team points. But like what's been said I see a lot of bad seeds. Gast was a semi-state qualifier and got a 6 seed.

Gast was not a semi state qualifier last year...he got beat in regionals.  I am not sure if that makes a difference I just thought I would throw that out.  I know he should have been, but woulda, coulda, shoulda. I beat him up enough about that so he is much more focused this year...lol

There are a few. Each school was asked to submit a preliminary roster before the seeding meeting, so as always there were some changes to what was originally sent in.  I know there are some different names that were seeeded then what was originally send it.  The one big one that I see off the top of my head is at 103 Vibbert is the 2 seed

I think for the most part they are correct.  It looks as though some coaches entered different wrestlers at the seeding meeting then what was originally sent into tournmaent.. However, some of the names didnt get changed in the computer, so when the brackets were printed there are different names. The one example I see is at 103 Sang is on the bracket at 103, but I know for fact that Vibbert was put on the board and got the 2 seed. Not really a big issue at all, just that the names didnt get changed in the computer.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.