130 harvey-cathedral

135 kieffer-roncalli

140 rueger-reitz

145 no ranked kids so hard to say

152 lefever-carroll

160 lefever-carroll

171 manning-south dearborn

189 stevenson-indian creek

215 smitherman pendleton heights (if reese doesnt wrestle)

285 stevenson-indian creek

i will even guess on the outstanding wrestler award- justin kieffer or nick manning because both will have to pull out the big upset to win it

At our house hold we know both Phillips and Todd both.  We will be at another tourney those days  in Laffayette.    This will bet the match of the tournament.  I will not predict the winner.  One is a brawler and extremely fast the other is tecchnical and also extremely fast would be great to witness this but can't unfortuneately.  My prediction is one of these 2 young men will be this years 112 state champion though.

Until Philips has been beaten I won't predict anyone to beat him. He has the chance to be the third unpeaten 4 time state champion in Indiana history. Plus I beleave he's still nationally ranked. Can he be beaten? Maybe, but until he is beaten I find it hard to predict someone to beat him. Philips has it all; strength, speed, and technical skills. Todd is a geat wrestler but until Philips is beaten I can honestly say I don't think he will loose a match. I've watched Philips a lot over the past two years and it seems like he shines the best when he has tougher opponents. If anyone's going to do it at 112 it might be Todd but I'll have to see it to believe it.

Why is everyone so ready to see Phillips get beat.  And why doesnt it seem he gets the respect i believe he has earned. 

It goes all the way back to his freshman year when there were post on here that he would not be  Kuhn at this tournament and he did on his way to becoming the MOW.  Then some never gave him a chance against Campbell,(but that match never happen).  At semi-state people said he wouldnt beat McKinley  (he did).  Then at state he wouldnt beat Ayersman,  Ayersman didnt make it to the finals.  then even last year,  People didnt give him the respect even goin as far as to say what a bruiser Brooks was and cody wouldnt beat him.  (he did)  then more people were picking Petrov in the finals last year but it was cody repeating in the finals.    What do you think Todd has done to get that much better that Cody hasnt.  its not like Cody and him have not wrestled before and i think Cody stuck him the first time two years ago at the classic.   

I think the world of both these young men (Cody, Mason) both are tremendous wrestlers and my son loves wrestling both of them he considers both very good friends.  I will not predict any outcome except probably one of the best matches of the year.  GOOD LUCK  TO BOTH1

Why is everyone so ready to see Phillips get beat.  And why doesnt it seem he gets the respect i believe he has earned. 

It goes all the way back to his freshman year when there were post on here that he would not be  Kuhn at this tournament and he did on his way to becoming the MOW.  Then some never gave him a chance against Campbell,(but that match never happen).  At semi-state people said he wouldnt beat McKinley  (he did).  Then at state he wouldnt beat Ayersman,  Ayersman didnt make it to the finals.  then even last year,  People didnt give him the respect even goin as far as to say what a bruiser Brooks was and cody wouldnt beat him.  (he did)  then more people were picking Petrov in the finals last year but it was cody repeating in the finals.    What do you think Todd has done to get that much better that Cody hasnt.  its not like Cody and him have not wrestled before and i think Cody stuck him the first time two years ago at the classic.   

Out of 304 entries in the pick'ems 236 picked Phillips to win state.  Not sure there has been much "hatred" as you call it against Mr. Phillips. 

I love to watch both Cody and Mason wrestle. Mason is an outstanding wrestler, but as bbulldog said, how do you pick against a kid that has never lost. Cody is going to my pick to win it all again....He is just too good....with that being said I hope that they are on opposite sides of the brackets so we can get the right finals match, but as everyone knows Connersville doesn't care who you are....I would love to see brackets too ;)

Out of 304 entries in the pick'ems 236 picked Phillips to win state.  Not sure there has been much "hatred" as you call it against Mr. Phillips. 

You quoted me as saying "hatred"  when did i ever say the word hatred,    I said "respect".   

I find this to be an interesting statistic and I'm wondering what he ranked as having the most percentage of votes to win state because in my opinion I only saw 2 other wrestlers last year with as good if not better chance of winning state last year. that being Tsirtsis and McMurry. I'm just wondering how many other wrestlers had 236 or more people pick them to win.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.