Clear Top 4 teams this year?

maligned

Yes, there is clearly no dominate team. You might define this as a year of opportunity. He who works the hardest and stays healthy should have the best chance. We should weigh in on this after the weight allowance and again at the end of the regular season. Who will rise to the occasion and who will fizzle?? I would love to see a " dark horse". It is 43 days and counting until Sectional weekend. In the wrestling world that is a long time. The  Race is on. GOOD LUCK  everyone.

Completely disagree with OSCAR , after seeing Crown Point yesterday they look like the Cavemen of last year , they are strong from top to bottom . They only gave up 50 points in 5 matches .

Mater Dei went 5-0 with a combined score of 308-42.

That includes 30+ point wins over both Castle and Bloomington South, and one meet where I think they wrestled a lot of their reserves. 

I am not saying they WILL beat Crown Point, but you seem to be convinced that the runaway favorite is CP.

"Not so fast, my friend!"  -- Lee Corso

Go Perry!!!!! ;D  Hell What do I know? If they are as good as Mish was last year you will find me hanging from the rafters at Center Grove on February 26th. Maybe we should ask the Big Hawaiian. He seems pretty smart. I have not seen CP wrestle so you may be right about them dominating. The comparison to Mishawaka 2010?? NO Way

Completely disagree with OSCAR , after seeing Crown Point yesterday they look like the Cavemen of last year , they are strong from top to bottom . They only gave up 50 points in 5 matches .

Remember this is a disscusion. No insults PLEASE!!

Go Perry!!!!! ;D  Hell What do I know? If they are as good as Mish was last year you will find me hanging from the rafters at Center Grove on February 26th. Maybe we should ask the Big Hawaiian. He seems pretty smart. I have not seen CP wrestle so you may be right about them dominating. The comparison to Mishawaka 2010?? NO Way Remember this is a disscusion. No insults PLEASE!!

I don't claim to be unbiased, but i am trying to be objective here.  The comparison of CP to Mishawaka of 2010, is completely valid based on the season so far.  I am not saying how it will turn out, but Cp did to the Traicoff what Mish did last year.

Bellmont, maybe.  But Yorktown got their lunch handed to them yesterday by Merrillville, so I don't really think that you can put them in the same category with the other schools.

And Bellmont already got beat by Yorktown and New Castle.  I mentioned the 4 schools I did because there's no one else with anything like their resumes--very dominating victories against Top 10 quality teams.

Go Perry!!!!! ;D  Hell What do I know? If they are as good as Mish was last year you will find me hanging from the rafters at Center Grove on February 26th. Maybe we should ask the Big Hawaiian. He seems pretty smart. I have not seen CP wrestle so you may be right about them dominating. The comparison to Mishawaka 2010?? NO Way Remember this is a disscusion. No insults PLEASE!!

Perry & Crown Point are better than the rest and a dual between the two would be a toss up probably come down to fall points. If Roach and T-Shirts gets falls it could be the diffrence, could Mckinley & Johnson match them? Lecount could help Perry also. Cooper & Kral match could be large. Stay tuned ;)

From what I saw in Kral he is very talented, Big and strong and agile.  There is also a wrestler by the name of shrewsbury I believe he is a freshman wrestling 171 and he is a very talented kid.

189 Langbehn is also a very solid wrestler.  CP will be very tough to beat,  should be interesting when CP and Merriville hook-up.

And Bellmont already got beat by Yorktown and New Castle.  I mentioned the 4 schools I did because there's no one else with anything like their resumes--very dominating victories against Top 10 quality teams.

I sure wouldn't argue with those four schools.  I didn't know that Belmont already got beat by Yorktown, but that would definately take them out of the mix, at least when comparing that group of four.

From what I saw in Kral he is very talented, Big and strong and agile.  There is also a wrestler by the name of shrewsbury I believe he is a freshman wrestling 171 and he is a very talented kid.

189 Langbehn is also a very solid wrestler.  CP will be very tough to beat,  should be interesting when CP and Merriville hook-up.

Believe it or not, Shrewsbury is a Senior.  He got kind of tired of wrestling for a couple of years, but I am glad to see him back.  Kral is really good too, hope to see him make some noise the next couple of years.

I wouldn't throw the towel in on Yorktown yet.  After watching them wrestle yesterday, they are very strong and talented all the way through their lineup.  They had almost their entire lineup bumped up one weight class and they were a little banged up going into the final round- I think they forfeited 2 or 3 matches- 1 or more of them ranked kids. 

Yorktown- great coaching and solid kids throughout- they will be a different team at the end of the year!

Merriville is truly the real deal.  Another great coaching staff that just seems to put together solid teams every year!

Good luck to all!

Believe it or not, Shrewsbury is a Senior.  He got kind of tired of wrestling for a couple of years, but I am glad to see him back.  Kral is really good too, hope to see him make some noise the next couple of years.

Kral is tough but I dont think he can beat Kurna from Franklin currently #2 ranked! Saw them both wrestle a talented common wrestler, and thought Kurna was more dominate not to mention Kral's coaches forfeited to Kurna to aviod a match between the two at Traicoff! Just my opinion...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.