South Adams at New Castle

starsaw

I was unable to attend, do to Army weekend,  I have been getting some updates... SA 39, Fishers 37... SA 40, New Castle 27 (Batt pinned Catron, Ehr over Mullins 3-1 and Sprunger over Decker) more to come I am sure....

Do you have any individual results from the Alexandria match?

Two of the biggest individual match ups were:

Luke Blanton of Alexandria vs. Todd Batt of South Adams -- won 8-7 by Blanton

Josh Blanton of Alexandria vs. Gabe Sprunger of South Adams -- won 8-3 by Blanton

Phillips wrestled 112 all day.   UC will hopefully be down to only 1 fft each match soon, barring injuries.  UC fft'ed 103 and 135 at NC, all previous matches were 103 and 112.  Couple of other UC kids who wrestled well were Fuller 119, losing a close one to Campbell 4-2 and 152 Gesell who lost to Mullins 6-2.

Phillips and Campbell did wrestle around a lil tween matches tho, looked to be pretty friendly and very entertaining at the same time.

Two of the biggest individual match ups were:

Luke Blanton of Alexandria vs. Todd Batt of South Adams -- won 8-7 by Blanton

Josh Blanton of Alexandria vs. Gabe Sprunger of South Adams -- won 8-3 by Blanton

i heard batt had a bad match against blanton...and kinda got screwed over! good thing he will see him at least 1 more time to prove himself

i heard batt had a bad match against blanton...and kinda got screwed over! good thing he will see him at least 1 more time to prove himself

It was a very good match with several scrambles that could have gone either way, and there were several close calls on both sides, which you'll have in a competitive 8-7 match. There is a good chance that they will have a rematch at ECIC.... it will be a great match to watch if so.

They're 15 minutes down the road and don't see each other until sectional?

I think it's just one of those things where schedules do not change from year-to-year. I am not sure how long of contracts they sign between schools, but I know that Bellmont took a long time to drop  some former contenders from their schedule, like Delta and Huntington North. By the time they dropped Huntington North, they are now much more competitive. I think eventually you will see Bellmont drop Snider from their schedule, and maybe that will open up room for South Adams on the schedule

I think it's just one of those things where schedules do not change from year-to-year. I am not sure how long of contracts they sign between schools, but I know that Bellmont took a long time to drop  some former contenders from their schedule, like Delta and Huntington North. By the time they dropped Huntington North, they are now much more competitive. I think eventually you will see Bellmont drop Snider from their schedule, and maybe that will open up room for South Adams on the schedule

That would be fantastic. An Adams county triple dual would be worth watching as well.

That would be fantastic. An Adams county triple dual would be worth watching as well.

I always thought that involving Jay County would be a great idea, as having only three teams wouldn't make much sense.

Adams Central

Bellmont

Jay County

South Adams

I think such a Triple Dual would be well attended, and they could rotate it between the three county schools.

I always thought that involving Jay County would be a great idea, as having only three teams wouldn't make much sense.

Adams Central

Bellmont

Jay County

South Adams

I think such a Triple Dual would be well attended, and they could rotate it between the three county schools.

Don't like it...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.