Respect for the Region

DA REGION

I read all the posts, most are about the southern Indiana schools.  That is OK.  Where is the love for NWI (DA REGION).  I was at the Warsaw duals, good competion, decent, but the Crown Point line up WOW!!!  60 of 70 matches won.

103    Fuqua                (9)    An Animal

112    Saroff                (11)  (SSQ) A Contennder

119    Burlson              (10)  Holds His Own

125    Harvey              (12)    Both Are Solid

Blue                    (11)    Interchangeable

130    Halsted              (11)    He's Baaaack, Bigger, Better, Stronger

135    Fuqua                (11)    Scrappy, Good Technique

140    Tsirtsis              (12)    State Champ, What Can You Say

145      Roach                (11)    State Champ, What Can You Say

152      Flamme          (12)    (SQ) Keeps Getting Better

160      Schurg            (10)    (SSQ) Looks Great with The Weight

171      Shrewsbury    (12)    What A Surprise, Looked Awesome

189      Langbehn        (10)    Lots Of Heart

215      Kral                  (11)    (SSQ) What A Beast !!!

HWT    Swope              (11)    Should Do Well

As you can see, Crown Point will lose only 4 seniors next year,  rebuilding, reloading, reentering the ELITE 8, agian and again.  Just looking for some respect for the DA REGION!  IT IS WHAT IT IS GENTLEMEN!

I think "da region" has gotten plenty of love on this site. Numerous ranked teams and wrestlers so I'm not sure where the "non-love" comes from. As for CP, they are pretty stacked this year. I bet a lot of coaches would love to have the move-ins they have had the past few years (i.e. Tsirtsis, Roach, Fuqua bros.) They take the Dogs from a good team to a great team.

Da region will be lucky to get one state champ this year.

I'm confident that the region will have 4+ state champs this year. Roach and Tsirtsis are hungry for another each, If Stephan Micic can put on another 5 pounds by February he will be very hard to beat, even in the state tournament. Paul Petrov has stepped his game up, i know he didn't give Phillips a great match last year, but he definitely put the work during the off season and it shows. Lets not forget returning champ Kyle Ayersman of Lake central, Looked great at the harvest classic, pinning Danny Rodriguez in the finals. Jake Fauque from Crown Point (to make number three) is a beast. 135 is a very open weight class this year, if he brings the a-game come state he should be atop the podium along with Roach and Tsirtsis. If all of these guys compete and finish to my liking, thats six.

Ah, the region. Fights at the Dairy Queen on Saturday... the smell of a refinery in your nose... men have beards & back hair at age 13...  AC/DC is still cool & something to aspire to...  and like europe, old spice is considered a suitable substitute for a shower.  But they do produce a lot state champs!  I'll give them that!

Ah, the region. Fights at the Dairy Queen on Saturday... the smell of a refinery in your nose... men have beards & back hair at age 13...  AC/DC is still cool & something to aspire to...  and like europe, old spice is considered a suitable substitute for a shower.  But they do produce a lot state champs!  I'll give them that!

nice I thought that was the southern part of the state

I'm confident that the region will have 4+ state champs this year. Roach and Tsirtsis are hungry for another each, If Stephan Micic can put on another 5 pounds by February he will be very hard to beat, even in the state tournament. Paul Petrov has stepped his game up, i know he didn't give Phillips a great match last year, but he definitely put the work during the off season and it shows. Lets not forget returning champ Kyle Ayersman of Lake central, Looked great at the harvest classic, pinning Danny Rodriguez in the finals. Jake Fauque from Crown Point (to make number three) is a beast. 135 is a very open weight class this year, if he brings the a-game come state he should be atop the podium along with Roach and Tsirtsis. If all of these guys compete and finish to my liking, thats six.

We will see how good Jake Fuqua is Saturday. Don't forget Devon Jackson went in to Ot with tsirtsis and Keiffer us a beast. Let's see Fuqua wrestle before we give him some title talk

I think CP could have more than 2 state champs.  There are 2 other weight classes that

didn't even get mentioned, however I'm not going all out and mention their names at this time.

We will find out Saturday at the Traicoff just how good they are.

We will see how good Jake Fuqua is Saturday. Don't forget Devon Jackson went in to Ot with tsirtsis and Keiffer us a beast. Let's see Fuqua wrestle before we give him some title talk

I have seen him wrestle, just not in white and red before.

Dunefan with out a doubt CP is a great team this year i would say Flamme, Halstead and Kral are more solid picks to place higher than Fuqua and thats not taking anything away from the kid 135 being wide open? Brad wartman ethan raley devon jackson and josh keiffer are pretty solid but Fuqua should have a good one tonight vs Kastaforas who went 3-1 with Acuna

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.