Evansville Semi State Rankings (Final With Placements!!)

PreparetoWin

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was informed tonight that Kief is indeed not at Franklin anymore ... the seeding for Mid-State this weekend was done last night and Kief is not bracketed and coaches were informed he moved to Florida with his father ... semi-state ranking @ 125 need to be adjusted to reflect this

Kief from Franklin has not moved, he is still here and wrestling....

Good to hear that....Kief is such a good wrestler and can't wait to see him at Conseco.....

idk bout the number 2 and 3 ranked wrestlers at 112 but both Johns and Goebel look pretty dang good, they wrestled last night at the Rietz v.MD dual and was pretty even with Goebel coming out on top; in all honesty it could go either way in SIAC, Sectionals, Regionals and so on, might wanna look into moving them up in the rankings

#2 wrestler @ 112 schroeder beat goebel at the jeff classic this season, and I have seen no reason yet to move Goebel or Johns above Schoettle...they both may be better, but this weight class is very tight from top to bottom, no one has been dominate...anyone could win it from #1 to #8.  Thanks for the input, please keep them coming:)

Actually, Schroeder did not wrestle Goebel at Jeff Classic. He beat Engleking in the semis and lost to Shepherd in the finals. Shepherd beat Goebel in the semis (and beat Goebel 12-4 earlier in the season). That being said, I think the 112 rankings are correct. Shepherd and Schroeder were both at state last year. Schoettle is good and made it to the ticket round last year and Goebel is top dog coming out of the Evansville Regional (until proven otherwise). But like you said, there are several other tough kids that will be in the mix as well.

oops sorry, I just rechecked my notes and you are very correct...thanks for the clarification. Schroeder finished second, Goebel 3rd...Gonna keep it this way for now. Very close for all these guys, should be a competitive semi state.

is there a guarantee that B. Reiker is going down to 119, he wrestled 125 at HHC this weekend. if he doesnt do you see carlile doing anything in this weight class? and what about Robbie Taylor?

The 1 thing I can say is that B. Rieker has made scratch weight at 119..........??????????

Lets get these weight classes to 6-8 wrestlers in each.  Please when nominating a wreslter give a brief discription as to why (ie semi state/state  qualifier, beat a ranked wrestler, current record etc.) Thanks

1. Boomsma Bloomington South

2. Kuhn Evansville Reitz

3. Kennedy Floyd Central

4. Lykins Franklin Community

5. Vibbert  Evansville Mater Dei

6. Lahue Corydon

7. Baehl Gibson Southern

1. Shephard Jeffersonville

2. Schroeder Southwestern

3. Schoettle Center Grove

4. Goebel Evansville Mater Dei

5. Johns Evansville Ritz

6. Meyers Heritage Hills

7. Engleking Jennings County

1. Welch Castle

2. Wedding Evansville Memorial

3. VanHook Evansville Reitz

4. Kendle Pike Central

5. B.Reiker Columbus East

6. Carmicheal Center Grove

7. Taylor Madison

8. Pettijohn Franklin

1. Moody Evansville Reitz

2. Griesermer Princeton

3. Henderson Evansville Mater Dei

4. Wilson Whiteland

5. Z .Reicker Columbus East

6. Castro Jeffersonville

7. Resch Jennings County

1. Malloy Danville

2. Hoehn Mt Vernon (Posey)

3. Kelley Evansvilee Central

4. Brown Castle

5. S. Reiker Columbus East

6. Mangold Evansville Mater Dei

7. Derek Lunsford Pike Central

8. Heald Cascade

1. Raley Indian Creek

2. Konrath Mt Vernon (Posey)

3. Schroeder Evansville Mater Dei

4. Kreich Franklin Community

5. Dowdy Evansville Reitz

6. Kerr Edgewood

7. Gast Jennings County

1. Montgomery Terre Haute South

2. Rueger Evansville Reitz

3. Judy Danville

4. Boyd Bloomington South

5. Lannert Evansville Mater Dei

6. Mann Castle

7. Magaha Columbus North

1. Weekly Jeffersonville

2. Richey Brown County

3. Weinzafpel Evansville Mater Dei

4. Farmer Bloomington South

5. Helterbrand Cloverdale

6. Whetstine Evansville Memorial

7. Van Horn Franklin Community

8. Dallas Mount Vernon

1. Welch Castle

2. Juliano Mooresville

3. Adams Madison

4. Horrocks Bloomington South

5. Hayes Center Grove

6. Bowman Franklin

7. Marshall Mount Vernon (Posey)

8. Raben Evansville Mater Dei

1. Welch Castle

2. Sims Evansville Mater Dei

3. Mappes Center Grove

4. Holt Columbus North

5. Parrish Plainfield

6. Rickenbaugh Heritage Hills

7. Fiddler Bloomington South

1. Stein Princeton

2. Underwood Martinsville

3. Warren Castle

4. Wathen Jennings County

5. Brandenstein Evansville Mater Dei

6. Oser Heritage Hills

7. King Evansville Reitz

8. Tucker Jasper

1. Stevenson Indiana Creek

2. Goldman Bloomington North

3. Boots Evansville Mater Dei

4. Sandwith Evansville Memorial

5. Hill Cascade

6. Bridges Bloomington South

7. Collins Center Grove

8. Wise Brownsburg

1. Reese Indian Creek

2. Bass Jennings County

3. Knight Terra Haute North

4. See Northview

5. Helmick Cascade

5. Young Madison

6. Pratt Jeffersonville

7. Phillps Mitchell

1. Suter Martinsville

2. Stevenson Indian Creek

3. Van Winkle Evansville Mater Dei

4. Collett Jennings County

5. Emmitt Columbus East

6. Schnell Jasper

7. Oconnell Mount Vernon

8. Dewitt Jeffersonville

is there a guarantee that B. Reiker is going down to 119, he wrestled 125 at HHC this weekend. if he doesnt do you see carlile doing anything in this weight class? and what about Robbie Taylor?

I didnt have Taylor in ther cus I wasnt sure where he was going, 112 or 119.  I think it is a pretty safe bet he will be 119, which is stacked.  Also, as far as the Reikers go, no one knows for sure where they will be at Sectional time....but it is widely believed they will be going down.  As  Zack and Steven wrestler Montgomery and Gast more and more these matches get so much closer.  I would think they would drop to not have to wrestle these two at sectional and regional, not out of fear or anything, but it is very hard to beat someone over and over.  But that is my opinion, so that is why they are placed where they are, but I dont think we will know for sure until the day of.

I didnt have Taylor in ther cus I wasnt sure where he was going, 112 or 119.  I think it is a pretty safe bet he will be 119, which is stacked.  Also, as far as the Reikers go, no one knows for sure where they will be at Sectional time....but it is widely believed they will be going down.  As  Zack and Steven wrestler Montgomery and Gast more and more these matches get so much closer.  I would think they would drop to not have to wrestle these two at sectional and regional, not out of fear or anything, but it is very hard to beat someone over and over.  But that is my opinion, so that is why they are placed where they are, but I dont think we will know for sure until the day of.

There are some that know what weight the Riekers wil be for sectional... :P.....but we will all know a week from Monday!

If I had to pick between wrestling Taylor or Resch, I'm picking Resch. No disrespect to anybody but Baron hasn't beat Robby in three years. Oh wait they haven't wrestled in 2 years.  :o :o

Resch is one of my favorite wrestlers...hes like a little brother to me, but as of right now I would agree with you...Robby has lots of momentum and Joey wrestled uninspired this weekend.  If you didnt know, I am a big fan of Robby too...but I think Baron beats both of them. I went looking for you at lunch yesterday, but when they told me you were in the hospitality room, I thought better of disturbing you at that point;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.