Favorite pair of wrestling shoes ever?

navychiefmatt09

Favorite pair ever... Adidas Combat Speed. The old blue ones with the yellow and red stripes. Love those things. Still have them. I think I like them because I toasted some competition during a trip to Poland in them, including their national champ.. I'm superstitious...so I was uh..angry...when I realized I left them in Indiana about halfway through the bus ride to Fargo a few weeks later.

Worst pair ever... Those old Nike Greco Supreme shoes... You remember them... Black and white... hot pink inside... huge tongue.... ugly as sin.. hated those things...

I did find my pair of Asics Ultra Flex yesterday... The Red and Silver ones from Vision Quest...Might wear 'em to practice this week.

Black Widows were my favorites.  The Black Widows were the most comfortable and had great traction. They looked incredibly cool too.

My pair of original Black Widows fell apart in less than 2 months.  I hope you had better luck with yours.

The International Lytes, Black and Red and/or Red, White & Blue were pretty slick.  Also the original Asic Tigers (Dan Gables or John Smith, not sure which) were also a nice pair of throwbacks.  What was interesting was how much my style/mindset changed with each shoe I put on.  I will say that Coach Hardman's Russian shoes are nice!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.