Best Wrestling Name?

Coach Hull

A few of us were sitting back talking "wrestling" of course, and the ridiculous topic came up of who had the best wrestling name.  Past, present, and future, both locally and nationally, who had the best - not just feared - name?  I know it's silly but we were having some fun.

Some of the names that came up included Tommy Cash, Maurice Gunn, Storm Crosby, Cashe Querga, Drake Stein, Vernon Cannon, Case Hooper, Mich Sliga, Angel Escobedo, T.J. Slay, etc - all of which are better than mine I think. :)  My personal favorite was a guy named Turk Lords, a 4x NAIA and Junior Greco National Champ from Montana - a beast on the mat and a name that matched.  

My question, Indianamat, is who do you think has the coolest/best wrestling name?  

Have fun....

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I a big fan of Spencer Mango.  Annnnnngelllll Essssssscooobedooooooo always sounded good.  However, my personal favorites from Indiana have to be Phu Hong and Phong Hong.  J.T. Young also always sounded cool at Conseco. 

I'd like to hear from some old guys about their favorites.

Rico Talamantes, Matt Birner, Thurman Stone, Tecumseh Hatfield, Curt Funk, Gill Journey, Thunder Grimes, Shannon Stout, Quy Tang, Rusty Head, Vince Sessa, Damon Roessler, Dexter Larimore, Wiley Craft, Jose Avila-Paradise, Blair Hammer, Uriah Ratliff, Will Hill, Asa Ennis, Chico Adams, Spence Spencer, Chris Schwartzengraber, Chace Akers.

Wow! Some really good names!  I figured Go-Go (Sunungura Rusunguko) would appreciate his name being thrown in there if anyone could spell it correctly.  He's my cousin and Asst. Coach so I get to make fun of him - a little bit anyway.  Undefeated Heavyweight State Champ, Black Belt, and simply a monster's monster.   

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.