TIMES article: Purdue vs. Calumet College (Anthony Hawkins)

lpd096

From College Board:

Tentative Line-ups for Friday Night

125: Anthony Hawkins vs Camden Eppert

133: Tony Lovejoy vs Matt Fields

141: Anthony Nuzzo vs Akif Eren

149: Derek Allen vs Sam Patacsil

157: Ryan Peters vs Tommy Churchard

165: Lance Surma vs Kyle Mosier

174: John Tyler vs Cameron Vlahos

184:  -

197: Artie Grubba vs Logan Brown

285: Eddie Castillo vs Roger Vukobratovich

Some good Indiana kids here.

Where is CCSJ's best hope against the Boilers?

Coach, Cashe and the Purdue coaching staff have decided that he will Red-shirt this year.

Purdue vs. Calumet St. Joseph (Ind.)

11/20/2010

Purdue 39 - Calumet St. Joseph (Ind.) 0

125- Eppert, Camden (Purdue University) MD Anthony Hawkins (Calumet St. Joseph (Ind.)) 10-2

133- Fields, Matt (Purdue University) DEC Tony Lovejoy (Calumet St. Joseph (Ind.)) 3-2

141- Eren, Akif (Purdue University) TF5 Anthony Nuzzo (Calumet St. Joseph (Ind.)) (7:00)

149- Churchard, Tommy (Purdue University) DEC Derek Allen (Calumet St. Joseph (Ind.)) 8-2

157- Patacsil, Sam (Purdue University) TF5 Ryan Peters (Calumet St. Joseph (Ind.)) (2:33)

165- Mosier, Kyle (Purdue University) FALL Lance Surma (Calumet St. Joseph (Ind.)) (3:30)

174- Vlahos, Cameron (Purdue University) DEC Johnathan Tyler (Calumet St. Joseph (Ind.)) 4-2

197- Brown, Logan (Purdue University) TF4 Arthur Grubba (Calumet St. Joseph (Ind.)) (6:14)

285- Vukobratovich, Roger (Purdue University) FALL Edward Castillo (Calumet St. Joseph (Ind.)) (0:44)

It appears as though no 184lb bout was contested.

I was there too and I think they looked like they had a shot in a couple of matches.

I agree this is a very young team (2 FR, 6 SO, and 1 SR) to go against a nationally ranked NCAA D1 team.  They will do nothing but improve.

I was there too and I think they looked like they had a shot in a couple of matches.

I agree this is a very young team (2 FR, 6 SO, and 1 SR) to go against a nationally ranked NCAA D1 team.  They will do nothing but improve.

Agreed, I think they will only improve as they get more experience. I think Hawkins & Lovejoy will have great careers by the time its all said & done

Agreed, I think they will only improve as they get more experience. I think Hawkins & Lovejoy will have great careers by the time its all said & done

I agree here as well.  Hawkins and Lovejoy will push each other very hard in the room all year.  Hawkins is faster and Lovejoy is stronger so the push the other to improve in the areas that they are weaker.

If I remember correctly USA Wrestler Magazine had them ranked #20 and #21 nationally in their class following the 2010 Indiana State Tournament.  Not a lot of kids have wrestling partners so closely matched.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree here as well.  Hawkins and Lovejoy will push each other very hard in the room all year.  Hawkins is faster and Lovejoy is stronger so the push the other to improve in the areas that they are weaker.

If I remember correctly USA Wrestler Magazine had them ranked #20 and #21 nationally in their class following the 2010 Indiana State Tournament.  Not a lot of kids have wrestling partners so closely matched.

You can go Far and do great things with just a good wrestling partner alone, good luck to both guys in their careers

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.