Potential Ranking board Class 1A

KarlHungus

If you are interested just PM me and I will put you on the list.  Email in PM would be helpful

Regional 1 - No Rep

Regional 2 - Bruce Cunningham - North Newton (CONFIRMED)

Regional 3- Sam Davis - Triton (CONFIRMED)

Regional 4 - Chuck LaDow - Pioneer (CONFIRMED)

Regional 5 - Doug Smoker - Prairie Heights (CONFIRMED)

Regional 6 - Sam Riesen - Churubusco (CONFIRMED)

Regional 7 - Kyle Wood - Manchester (CONFIRMED)

Regional 8 - Eric Myers - South Adams (CONFIRMED)

Regional 9 - Lucas King - North Vermillion (CONFIRMED)

Regional 10 - Nate Andrews - Lapel (CONFIRMED)

Regional 11 - Tim Cooper - Speedway (CONFIRMED)

Regional 12 - Jerry Ingalls - Connersville (CONFIRMED)

Regional 13 - Steven Livingston - Cloverdale (CONFIRMED)

Regional 14 - Keith Lauderbaugh - Southwestern (CONFIRMED)

Regional 15 - Aaron Hannon - Paoli (CONFIRMED)

Regional 16 - Aaron Chambers = Tecumseh (CONFIRMED)

Class Corridinator - Chad Hollenbaugh (KarlHungus) - Culver community (CONFIRMED)

16  CONFIRMED

I would be glad to in represent my region as far as voting for the small schools.  I think your doing a great job getting all of this stuff up on here and I hope that others go with it as well.  I really ike the class divisions hopefully they stay on the main page for a while.  Good stuff keep it coming.

Good Stuff.  Lets keep problem solving and move forward.

Please remember small schools, This is for you.  You have a voice.  Im at the biggest school in the state.

This is for wrestling...

So is the point of these potential rankings to create the necessary infrastructure that could be used as persuasion to show the IHSAA that we are ready to begin classed wrestling, or is this for some kind of fantasy structure, or a little of both?  I've tried to follow other threads, but already, the sarcasm and belittling is making me leery.

So is the point of these potential rankings to create the necessary infrastrucre that could be used as persuasion to show the IHSAA that we are ready to begin classed wrestling, or is this for some kind of fantasy structure, or a little of both?  I've tried to follow other threads, but already, the sarcasm and belittling is making me leery.

Agreed... Gets a little confusing trying to figure out what direction things are going. It might be a lot of work, just to fall on deaf ears...but who knows.

I, James Brown, wrestling coach at TC Howe (IPS) would like to be involved with this. We are a 3A school in football, but with the classes that are divivded up we should fall in this class. I know that when we first came back on the scene being a varsity program we started with 1 wrestle, Joshua Kyner. Over the past few years it was benefiicial that other teams, (Perry Meridian, Roncalli, and others) allowed us to come and compete against their very best kids. It helped grow our program. Suffice to say that now we average 25+ kids now.  It was very helpful that we have a wrestling AD, that was a former head coach within IPS and competed college and internationally. If it's for the sport that I love I am all for helping it succeed. We are now an upcoming program that finished 3rd in City last year, with the aspirations of  finishing in the top 2. I can be contacted at brownja@ips.k12.in.us

sidenote the 2010 City Championships will once again be hosted at TC Howe Community HS on Dec. 18

Coach Hollenbaugh - thank you for your efforts in coordinating a neat idea and making it reality!  Certainly, rankings are not a trophy or  a tournament, but it is a nice start to maybe a bigger picture.  It will definitely be interesting to see how many small schools support and have input into this concept as a first step toward future projects.  I think these small school rankings will publicize some much needed recognition and make for some interesting conversation.  If indeed these "classed" rankings get off the ground, it would be nice if coaches from all size schools posted them up in their wrestling room and shared them in team information within their program for all to see and talk about.  Wrestling coaches are some of the most fiercly competitive individuals I know, but I also know many, many wrestling coaches across this state who genuinely care about Indiana wrestling as a whole and find enjoyment in accomplishments made by others.

The IHSWCA officers, regional reps and team state committee meet tomorrow (Sunday) in Indianapolis.  This will be one of the major topics discussed at this meeting.  I think it is safe to say that the proposed "classed rankings" that are being discussed on the message board will be part of the dialogue in tomorrow's meeting and hopefully be able to be incorporated into our campaign.

Coach McCormick

Coach,

I would be honored to help get this thing to fly.

thanks again,

coach Smoker

Coach,

I would be honored to help get this thing to fly.

thanks again,

coach Smoker

good deal

Nice work KarlHungus.  When do you think rankings will be a reality?  I think this will be fun to follow throughout the season. Some recognition for those solid programs/teams out there.

The coordinators have decided that the first poll will be released in conjunction with the next IHSWCA top twenty on Dec. 2nd I believe.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.