Best season opening dual/tournament....

AJ

I'm biased of course but the intersquad match "Wrestlemania" on 11/16 for Perry is always a good show to watch. Like all the top teams in the state most of time the difference in talent between our Varsity and JV is very small. Lot's of good wrestlers ready to get it on and prove they are the man. Varsity follows that up with "Capital City Classic"  on the 11/20 as discussed in another thread it is full of potential great matchups. Good luck to all the teams as they get the season underway.

GO FALCONS!!!

11-20 Batesville 6 way,  Batesville, Shelbyville, Scottsburg, Brown County, Knightowns, and Southwestern. Normally a real nice opening weekend tourny some quailty wrestling maybe not to many big names but a nice way to start the season. 

New Castle 8 way on November 19th and 20th is New Castle, Westfield, Harrison, Milan, Jay County, Connersville, CC Lincoln and Columbus East.  There are several good match-ups at this event.

are these new teams than from the past?  I thought Fishers and Union County were there last year.

I would say our first multi team meet of the year on Nov 26th and 27th in Laf. harrison, War on the Wabash, is nice.

10 matches over two days

Centerville, Fairfield, Goshen, Hammond Gavit, Harrison (WL), Jennings Co.,Lake Central, Prairie Heights, South Bend Riley, West Noble, and Us (Madison).  I think I am missing one team possibly.

I would say our first multi team meet of the year on Nov 26th and 27th in Laf. harrison, War on the Wabash, is nice.

10 matches over two days

Centerville, Fairfield, Goshen, Hammond Gavit, Harrison (WL), Jennings Co.,Lake Central, Prairie Heights, South Bend Riley, West Noble, and Us (Madison).  I think I am missing one team possibly.

Does Greensburg still go to this tournament?

Yes, War on the Wabash was a great tournament when we (TC Howe attended). Great competition on both days my kids benefited from seeing a high caliber of opponenet eariler in the season that paid off in the latter. I hope that it still continues to thrive. Wish we could still make the trip  economics  has made us change our schedule with the travel cost. It was a great blessing that we were able to get in the Westfield Duals Tourney. Good Luck to all the teams that are competing in the "War on the Wabash."

i think roncalli is the 6 team at the franklin 6way

Nope Roncalli wanted out of that 6way cuz "They didnt want to have to wrestle Perry 4 times" or whatever. But yes thats a very tough tourney all those teams sofar are prolly ranked top 20 in the state

10 matches over two days

see you there

December 4th at Westfield is looking like a very good tournament.  They are featuring 16 teams----including Roncalli, Zionsville, Princeton, Evansville Memorial,  Fishers, Ben Davis, Lebanon------Not sure of the other 9.  Dual meet format---4 pools of 4.

Fishers and Union County are at New Castle December 11th. 

Heritage Hills opens in a dual at Princeton Nov. 30. HH should be more solid across all of its weight classes compared to last year. I'm not sure what Castle has back, so the sectional could be very interesting for HH, which was second last  year.

On Dec. 4 HH is in the Mount Vernon Five-Way. Does anyone know who the other teams are?

December 4th at Westfield is looking like a very good tournament.  They are featuring 16 teams----including Roncalli, Zionsville, Princeton, Evansville Memorial,  Fishers, Ben Davis, Lebanon------Not sure of the other 9.   Dual meet format---4 pools of 4.

Fishers and Union County are at New Castle December 11th. 

These are the teams that are in the Westfield Duals tourney:

Ben Davis

Speedway

Fishers

Lebanon

Zionsville

Evansville Memorial

Shelbyville

Heritage

Terre Haute South

Northview

Princeton

Northwest

Roncalli

Mt. Vernon (Fortville)

TC Howe

Westfield

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.