Hoosier Hills Conference

grappler119

Here are a few thoughts about the HHC. Every year we hear how young the teams are in it. When do these teams start to mature?

Jennings County and Jeff seem to have that problem solved with numbers.

J.C.- is the team to beat, solid line up and good kids. If they wrestle well they should beat Jeff and Columbus East with no problem.

C.E.- is probably the next best team here, but they have a way of folding to the pressure. Jeff could beat them for 2nd.

Jeff- Over ranked as a team, but will improve as the season progresses. The most solid studs on a team. Look for teams to challenge them this year from the area. Should win thier 3rd sectional!

Next group coould go in any order.

Floyd- use to have numbers, but now they can't keep thier kids on the team. Good young team with a good staff. look for them to improve and make a run for the sectional if they have all thier classes filled

New Albany- just seems to have young kids year after year, which is due to older kids not wrestling. They do have a good core of young fresh. and soph. on thier team. They are scrappy and wrestle hard.

Seymore- They are on the rise and will be a good team with the young crew they have and the coaching staff is a good group as well.

BNL- The Stars are a team that seeems to never really get over the edge and make a run at these other teams. They do have the few kids that are good but lack the stud factor.

Madison- One stud, with two other good kids and the rest are young like this conference. Will round out the rest of the pack of the other young groups.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"J.C.- is the team to beat, solid line up and good kids. If they wrestle well they should beat Jeff and Columbus East with no problem"

Big words

A weak team would put this on their locker room board.  Other teams are already prepared to take care of business no matter the opponent standing on the line in front of them. 

Good luck to all this weekend. 

Are you kidding "Jennings County will beat CE and JEFF no problem"????

Have you seen CE and Jeff?? They both have quality kids and quality lineups---JC is banged up like everyone else so it is going to come down to who gets pinned and who doesnt.  One upset could set the score off either way.  I would be willing to bet JC believes they are underdogs in both of those matches.  It will also come down to whos healthy, whos kids are in their "spots" they will be in come sectional and so on.  There will be some good wrestling from Floyd and New Albany as well.  Nothing can be overlooked or taken for granted for sure, by any team. And if they do, they are just silly.

J.C.- is the team to beat, solid line up and good kids. If they wrestle well they should beat Jeff and Columbus East with no problem.

This person is obviously not from Jennings County. Dont start saying things like that when you haven't seen all 3 teams wrestle. JC has plenty of people banged up and are nowhere near as confident as you that they will beat ANY team with "no problem at all". Ignorance.

Yeah, I don't see anybody running away with this thing. I'm not sure jeff is as good this year as they have been the past couple of years but they will be in every match with everyone if they don't win it. Fish brought up a couple of good points though.... a lot of teams have been real young for a few years now. All that matters is who you show up with and wrestle with.

The reason Jeff is winning is because they are keeping kids in the program. JC and CE seem to be keeping more kids around longer. Floyd has always done that and thats why they dominated for years. They took care of their problems so theyll be back with the top dogs.

This weekend will be all about key matchups. I only seen one team put together a full line up so far this year and that is Jeff. I really want to see FC, JC, CE and Jeff all wrestle. It all comes down to which teams get the most/give up the less pins. I think FC surprises and beats Jeff friday night at FC. CE's middle weights will give everyone trouble but they have to have everyone in the lineup to come out on top. JC will be solid if healthy. I think each team gets at least one loss.

Fish is right...JC is the best Top to bottom, injuries or otherwise.  Yes, Jeff has reigned supreme last couple years.  But T. Howard gets more with less.  It's a treat that the HHC is this good this year.  Sit back and enjoy the great competition.

The HHC always has upsets. I wouldnt be surprised to see a strong showing from Seymour this year. They have some very good kids. I wouldnt be surprised to see Seymour in the top 4 of the HHC by the end of the weekend. Someone please tell me. Is Collet from J C heavy or 215? Would really like to know.

The HHC always has upsets. I wouldnt be surprised to see a strong showing from Seymour this year. They have some very good kids. I wouldnt be surprised to see Seymour in the top 4 of the HHC by the end of the weekend. Someone please tell me. Is Collet from J C heavy or 215? Would really like to know.

Seymour may be improving but they will not be in the top 4. They didn't win but 2 matches against any of the top teams last year. They will not be Jeff, FC, JC or CE. They may be able to move ahead of Na or madison though.

HHC Duals

First two rounds start tomorrow evening

@ Jennings County:  Seymour, Bedford, Columbus East, and Jennings County

@ Floyd Central: Madison, Floyd Central, New Albany, and Jeffersonville

Last 5 rounds on Saturday morning/afternoon

All teams at Jeffersonville

jeff once again put on a good show at the hhc. they are missing a few guys i expected to see but still tough. more inexpereinced than last year for sure.  fc's first match of the year so inexperience for fc showed a bit. new albany and fc had a close one.

great match between weekly and adams. weekly pulled it off but adams was very close.

big day at jeff tomorrow. saw ce had several ff's against jc. hope they bring a full line up to see how good they are. looks like jeff may be the best but we'll see when they match up against jc and ce if all classes are full. going to be some great individual and team battles!

saw ce had several ff's against jc.

CE will be forfeiting 103 tomorrow.  We had forfeits against JC to create matchups that were more favorable to win the dual.  Making lineup adjustments for favorable matchups to win the dual meet comes first in dual tournaments.

We only wrestled matches in 11 weight classes and won 8 of them.  

Have to give it to the East kids and coaches. They came out and wrestled well all weekend. Very good coaching decisions bumping around for the best match-ups. Beat Jeff pretty soundly as did Jennings.

I'll try to name the undefeated wrestlers by weight.

103- Kennedy (Floyd) big 3 pounder

112- Sheperd (Jeff) close 4-2 decision over Engleking (Jennings)

119- Carlile (East)

125- B. Reiker (East)

130- Z. Reiker (East)

135- S. Reiker (East) pretty sure he wrestled a match at 40 also

140- Shuler (East) probably the most improved wrestler in the entire conference

145- Weekly (Jeff) won by 3 or 4 over Adams

152- Browner (Jeff)

160- Baldwin (Jennings) good match with Marlin 2-0 final

171- Wathen (Jennings) and Brierly (East) bumped to 89 against Jennings

189- not sure

215- Young (Madison)

285- Collett (Jennings)

Floyd has always done that and thats why they dominated for years. They took care of their problems so theyll be back with the top dogs.

Jeffersonville 52  Floyd Central 14

Jennings County 54  Floyd Central 18

Columbus East 50  Floyd Central 21

Maybe a bit over optimistic on my part. Floyd did have 2 of their best wrestlers out so I think they would have picked up a couple of more wins but thats not an excuse. Gotta wrestle with the team that steps on the mat. The young line up will only get better as the season goes on.

Hats off to CE because they proved they were the team to beat even with a ff. Is there a 103 on the way?  JC and Jeff looked very tough. Great job to all and we'll do it again in about a month!

Will we be seeing a few E-ville Semi-State rankings adjustments after the HHC duals ended?  I noticed a few guys I'd throw in their they have great records against some decent competition after the weekend was done.

Anyone happen to have last years HHC dual records compared with this years?  I can't seem to find last years results for comparison.  I wouldn't mind seeing where the teams have went over the past year.

I would say New Albany and Seymour made the biggest strides.

Part of the question was based on trying to remember where CE finished last year compared to this time around.  I was thinking they may have finished tied in record for 3rd with FC maybe.  But I could be mistaken.  

Not sure on NA last year at duals.  Seymour did move up from 1-6 last year (and I think 0-7 the year before that) to 3-4 this time.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.