Fort Wayne Semi-State Rankings Updated 1-27 FINAL

Y2CJ41

Really cause Owen Sharp of Memorial has won 2 matches this year and he is currently ranked 8 at 189. Not hammering on Y2CJ41  just that if a wrestler is wrestling at 112 then should be ranked at 112 not the weight they might be wrestling at the end of the season.  I am really not trying to get into a argument with you, not sure why you are being so defensive NECCfan.  As for who Flick has actually wrestled I could not personally put names on all of them, the young man has only lost one match so far. 

Again, not saying Y2CJ41 does a bad job of ranking wrestlers but there are some issues. I also believe that wrestlers should be ranked at their current weight not predicted weight. Chase Spears has been wrestling both 189/215 so he would be hard to slot at a weight, and this I understand although he has beat several wrestlers in both weight classes that are ranked, the Yorktown 215 or one, Neff I believe.  Also Neccfan there have been others who have raised questions on this forum.

Why rank them at a weight they won't be at?  The rankings predict the top kids at each weightin the semistate, if those kids will be at 103 then the should be ranked at that weight to give us the best idea of who could make it to indy.  The top kids at a weight in december don't matter, its january when it matters

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by: AC Computer 

Insert Quote

Austin Waite did not wrestle Saturday.  He's out with an injury.

Does anyone know what weight he plans on wreslting come tournament time?  I see Y2 does not has an * by his name at 135.... the kid impressed me last year.  thank you.

Prairie Heights wrestles a pretty competitive schedule for a small school.   His losses are probably to some good kids like Hiestand and such.  Their 119lber who had 5 losses coming it were all to quality kids.

Not that 145 was the best weight but he looked strong and mean 

You would be mean too if you came from Stroh or Wolcotville.  Prairie Heights literally has a farm on their school campus, yes a farm with animals and farmland.

So yankin' teets makes you mean?  That's a shocking stereotype.

On another note...Stebing beat Pickard at 145 at Mishawaka.  Just curious about the reason for having Pickard ranked higher?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.