Fort Wayne Semi-State Rankings Updated 1-27 FINAL

Y2CJ41

Northfield's Hunter Wells 145 and Scott Ammons 215 are both undefeated this year and Ammons has pinned everyone he has wrestled with only one going into the 2nd period and Wells is looking very confortable and strong at his weight

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harvey from Taylor is a stud!  Wrestled 171 last couple of years and was very good, now @ 160 is a monster! Definately should be ranked in state rankings so semi-state ranking should be high. Also Workman @ 125 should be state ranked.

Harvey from Taylor is a stud!  Wrestled 171 last couple of years and was very good, now @ 160 is a monster! Definately should be ranked in state rankings so semi-state ranking should be high. Also Workman @ 125 should be state ranked.

Have either of these guys beaten or wrestled any ranked kids?

Ditto on Workman @ 125 !!!

Northfield's Hunter Wells 145 and Scott Ammons 215 are both undefeated this year and Ammons has pinned everyone he has wrestled with only one going into the 2nd period and Wells is looking very confortable and strong at his weight

Meska will get him a little bit of Wells today at Twin Lakes if Wells makes it that far.

At Westview's 112, JJ Weimer of West Noble beat Tommy Lockett of Harding in the prelims, Nico Hensley of Angola also beat him in the consi rounds, and later Weimer beat Hensley for 3rd.

at 135 Conner Brummet of Dekalb beat Jake Book of Angola in the finals on some back points at the buzzer.

There was good competition all day and Dekalb is to be commended for having someone in the finals from 103-125, and then from 135-152 and then again at 285.

pretty sure northfield kids should be undefeated. ;D do they wrestle at the twin lakes invite? i thought they did if they r undefeated after that then they r pretty good

Ammons is still undefeated after Twin Lakes Invite.  He pinned all opponents.

We need to take a look at Some of these. Flickinger from Memorial went 4-o with 4 pins including Yorktown and Prairie Heights, yet he is ranked well below both. Please look close at the Yorktown Duals some of your ranked wrestlers got beat by some not ranked.

Did Bevans and Hamm wrestle 103 this weekend? Both have been at 112 so far this season but should be 103 later in the year.

I would be suprised if he pinned both of those fine wrestlers.

I believe Bevans and Hamm both wrestled 112 again.  According to the rankings, Bevans beat Hamm 4-2.  I doubt that Flickinger beat either one of these kids.

That may be so but then they should be moved to the 112 weight. I am sure that they are both fine wrestlers, however Flickinger is also a fine wrestler. I am not knocking either wrestler but simply showing that we need a closer look at the ranking brackets becuase they are not very accurate. 

That may be so but then they should be moved to the 112 weight. I am sure that they are both fine wrestlers, however Flickinger is also a fine wrestler. I am not knocking either wrestler but simply showing that we need a closer look at the ranking brackets becuase they are not very accurate. 

They are ranked at 103 because that is where they will be at the end of the year.

Has Flickinger beat anyone ranked in front of him? Y2CJ41 does a great job on the ranking and

they have been very accurate.

They are ranked at 103 because that is where they will be at the end of the year.

Has Flickinger beat anyone ranked in front of him? Y2CJ41 does a great job on the ranking and

they have been very accurate.

Really cause Owen Sharp of Memorial has won 2 matches this year and he is currently ranked 8 at 189. Not hammering on Y2CJ41  just that if a wrestler is wrestling at 112 then should be ranked at 112 not the weight they might be wrestling at the end of the season.  I am really not trying to get into a argument with you, not sure why you are being so defensive NECCfan.  As for who Flick has actually wrestled I could not personally put names on all of them, the young man has only lost one match so far. 

Again, not saying Y2CJ41 does a bad job of ranking wrestlers but there are some issues. I also believe that wrestlers should be ranked at their current weight not predicted weight. Chase Spears has been wrestling both 189/215 so he would be hard to slot at a weight, and this I understand although he has beat several wrestlers in both weight classes that are ranked, the Yorktown 215 or one, Neff I believe.  Also Neccfan there have been others who have raised questions on this forum.

Really cause Owen Sharp of Memorial has won 2 matches this year and he is currently ranked 8 at 189. Not hammering on Y2CJ41  just that if a wrestler is wrestling at 112 then should be ranked at 112 not the weight they might be wrestling at the end of the season.  I am really not trying to get into a argument with you, not sure why you are being so defensive NECCfan.  As for who Flick has actually wrestled I could not personally put names on all of them, the young man has only lost one match so far. 

Again, not saying Y2CJ41 does a bad job of ranking wrestlers but there are some issues. I also believe that wrestlers should be ranked at their current weight not predicted weight. Chase Spears has been wrestling both 189/215 so he would be hard to slot at a weight, and this I understand although he has beat several wrestlers in both weight classes that are ranked, the Yorktown 215 or one, Neff I believe.  Also Neccfan there have been others who have raised questions on this forum.

I'm pretty sure the Owen Sharp/Chase Spears deal is a simple mistake because I gave him the info.  The semi-state rankings are how Y2 thinks they will do at the Fort Wayne Semi-state, not where they are wrestling right now.  Hamm weighed something like 105 saturday so he is clearly going 103.  Some kids stay bumped up the whole season to help their team win dual meets.  If Y2 has reliable info that those kids are going to wrestle at a different weight come tournament time, I think it makes sense to rank them there.  If I were competing I would want to know who the best in my weight class is come tournament time, not who the best is in mid-December.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.