T.E.C.

bb official

I'm not knocking Union City. I am sure that I am pulling for them as much as anybody seeing how that is where I wrestled. I think that they have very good potential and are a good dual meet team. What holds me back on saying they will win the TEC are a couple of things. First of all, the TEC is no longer relying on the dual season as determining a share of the title. This means that only the tournament matters. I don't see too many TEC champion caliber wrestlers on this years team (I could be wrong, and hope that I am proven wrong). It will be very, very difficult to win the TEC without champions. That said, they will need to place top 3 in most weight classes. I just don't think that they are there yet. They are not what someone who knows the sport as a strong tournament team. My second drawback drives the first. While not all of the TEC teams have strong dual meet teams, many of them have the possibility of having multiple champions. Union County looks to be the best tournament team to me with several guys that will be favored to win championships. They will be hard for anyone else to beat.

Okay! I see what you are saying. But Union City has alot of possible champions on there team. To tell you the truth i think they have at least 6 that can win it all. They got Kyle Walters(10-2), Connor wyatt(15-1), Jaron barnes(12-3), Aurilio Terriquez (14-2), Everyone on our team has a winning record, and have beaten other TEC wrestlers. They got a great team this year. And they have some really good wrestlers.  So i dont know what you mean by "They are not there yet."  They face northeastern tomarrow, and from what i here, northeastern has a 130 ponder that will probley win the TEC,. that what you guys say. But we have a wrestler that is a hell of a wrestler, and is going to beat that kid. Then maybe some of you need to change your predictions. And put us as the front runners!

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not disagreeing that you all seem to be having a good year so far.  Yes, all or most of your guys have winning records.  My question is though, who have you wrestled that is of any quality?  You may have beat Winchester, but they are down this year and Northeastern is too. If you consider being a front runner as the second or third best team in the conference then I will give you that. You are the front runner! Congrats...

. But we have a wrestler that is a hell of a wrestler, and is going to beat that kid. Then maybe some of you need to change your predictions. And put us as the front runners!

I'm assuming your talking about Conner Wyatt who you believe will beat Cody Handley.  I'm not saying it isn't possible, but Wyatt came into conference tourney last year with a pretty beastly looking record, and to be beatin pretty badly in the finals, being taken down an cut loose, taken down, before being pinned.  Handley won 125 last year so claiming he ( UCi ) will beat him, I don't see it happening, but anything is possible.  

I do think Walters will win 145, not sure about the others except the 103 maybe, all I know is UCo won't win at 103 as it is a FF.  I know UCo has 3 returning conf. champs, I fully expect them 3 to repeat.  With a few others contending also, maybe winning.  Hopefully UCo is just fully healthy when conf. tourney happens.   Good luck to all TEC teams until then.  

103- Union City

112- Union City

119- Union City

125- Union City

130- Union City

135- Union City

140- Union City

145- Union City

152- Union City

160- Union City

171- Union City

189- Union City

215- Union City

HWT- Union City

JV152,  I can understand you are proud of your team and individual records this year,  but that would only actually hold water if everyone wrestled the same teams.  But from reading on here  5 of those 14 wins  over 1/3 of your teams victories are against teams with less than 5 wrestlers.  and from looking at some of the scores where randolph southern only having 3 kids won 2 of those 3 matches.    Please stop talking about your teams records,  it really does make u look foolish.    to compare youself to other teams records is not a valid.  have you wrestled Greensburg, Connersville, Rushville,  like Centerville.  have you wrestled  South Dearborn, Batesville, East Central, New Castle, Mason OH.,  Alexandria,  Fishers,  New Palestine, Greenfield Central, like Union County?   

Quit wrestling schools with only 5 kids,  to pad your records.  Wyatt only had 3 losses coming into conference last year  and was schooled by a kid from Union County with 13 losses.    I know kids like Conner,  he would be one to tell ya, that he would of rather come into conference with 20 losses and won conference than 3 losses and loose.    Dual meets in my opinion mean nothing.  only if you are a coach with a big ego and can put all those wins by you name.  The first dual meet that means anything is in the team state tourney and you have to win the Sectional as a tourney team to do that. 

i agree, with another poster,  you may have 1 champ in  Walters at 145.    cause i will bet you a ice cream  that Wyatt does not beat Handley and Antolongue will not beat Gesell.  So get out of your little bubble in eastern Randolph County and look at the big picture.   

I'm assuming your talking about Conner Wyatt who you believe will beat Cody Handley.  I'm not saying it isn't possible, but Wyatt came into conference tourney last year with a pretty beastly looking record, and to be beatin pretty badly in the finals, being taken down an cut loose, taken down, before being pinned.  Handley won 125 last year so claiming he ( UCi ) will beat him, I don't see it happening, but anything is possible.  

yes Conner did get beat badly in the finals.  The kid he got beat by just had a 2 point match with someone ranked second in the state. Also if were going by last year than  didnt handly get tech falled  by someone who didnt even make it out of sectionals??

I have no idea who all Handley has all lost too or how.  I don't know UCi schedule or results of individuals or the team unless it is on this site or the Pal Item.  I do however know our schedule an the opponents we wrestle.  All I'm simply saying is that all dominate records don't equate to dominate wrestlers.  Alot of kids have only above average records, but wrestle to a much higher level.  I also know that you can only wrestle who is out there in front of you and losing to kids who are state caliber wrestlers is better than beating those who aren't close.  I'm a huge UCo fan and also a fan of the conference we are all in, I however, wouldn't just claim that UCo will win every weight class or that kids who unrealistically wouldn't win being predicted to do so.  A little realism would go along way in saying who would give a good match rather than saying this kid will beat this kid when the past hasn't shown to be such. 

Like I said before good luck to all TEC teams, conference will be close this year.

Haha! Wow! i posted that last one as a joke! Well good luck to all the TEC teams. The only reason i was standing up for my team is bcuase someone said earlier in this post that winchester was well coached when there not. We are! And thats how we beat them. Sorry, OUR BAD. Well tomarrow is when we face northeastern, come out and watch! Its at Union City

Haha! Wow! i posted that last one as a joke! Well good luck to all the TEC teams. The only reason i was standing up for my team is bcuase someone said earlier in this post that winchester was well coached when there not. We are! And thats how we beat them. Sorry, OUR BAD. Well tomarrow is when we face northeastern, come out and watch! Its at Union City

can you please stop posting like ucwrestlingmom said you are making your whole team look like idiot and being cocky gets you no where

What ever happened to the good ole days of the TEC talking about big matchups that weekend and rooting for each other's successes?  I wrestled with and against several state caliber wrestlers during my time in the TEC, and I still occasionally hear about many of them contributing to wrestling across the state.  Many of us should remember that mentality.  I'm glad to hear that UCi is doing well, as that means some improved competition for everyone.  As Fanman pointed out, we need to focus on succeeding outside of Randolf, Wayne, Henry, and Union counties.  Semi-State and State are where you make a name for yourself.  Respect has to be earned when the chips are on the table, and that means tournament time.  Winning duals is fun.  I know that, as I'm a coach.  But I'd rather my kids work towards competing with the likes of those we'll see at New Castle and Conseco, then worry about having a good seed come the conference tourney.  

Lastly, I'm pondering heading over to New Pal on Saturday to see my alma mater.  Does anyone have any info on start times and order of matches?  Good luck to all TEC participants.  I can say wholeheartedly you have some of the best fans around.  Don't take it for granted.

I believe it starts at 9 am, I don't know the order of matches.  Noblesville is in the Hamilton County Tourney, I'm unaware of any replacement team for them.  Should be some potential good matchups of undividuals, barring any bumping around to avoid them.

Union city isn't a bad team but there is no way they will have more than 1 champ.  When all the tec teams get together you will see them start to get behind and probably won't finish better than 3rd.  Sorry to say but you guys still need more talent to be a solid team that can beat union county, centerville, or winchester in the tournament.  Dual meets can go either way not tournaments

There are only 5 teams at New Pal this weekend...Triton Central, Union County, New Pal, Mt. Vernon Fortville, and Greenfield....Each team will have a bye round. All I know is TC and UC wrestle first round...wrestling starts at 9:00

As to everything else...Bizzard said it best....I was lucky enough to wrestle a couple of years with Bizzard and there were several good wrestlers in the TEC. We always rooted for each other. When we wrestled head to head it was war, but even today I find myself rooting for the TEC wrestlers, except when they wrestle Union County ;) I am glad to hear that Union City is having a good year, but as far as competition goes, I know that UCo wrestles some very stiff competition every weekend, and I look for them to be champs this year. They are young but I think they will be a very good tournament team. I can see UCo crowning four to five champs...but thats why we wrestle the matches.....Good luck TEC!

lol look at this guy.  The "JV" 152 is the cheerleader of the union city wrestling team  ;D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.