Fort Wayne Semi-State

ENoblewrestling

I see Carroll and Garret as the top 2 teams in the area, Carroll seemed to have a lot of underclass strength. With the Lefevers all there still I see them leading a very strong team. I've been impressed with the coaching there over the past several years, I'll say they're in the finals at team regional vs. Yorktown.

I see Carroll and Garret as the top 2 teams in the area, Carroll seemed to have a lot of underclass strength. With the Lefevers all there still I see them leading a very strong team. I've been impressed with the coaching there over the past several years, I'll say they're in the finals at team regional vs. Yorktown.

Whitko?

Whitko?

While they're good they were pretty sloppy last year and with a coaching change who knows what's going to happen. I see Carroll and Garrett as both building up. Whitko was, but the change of coaches could make a hiccup for them in their rise. Until I see them all wrestle I stand by the prediction.

While they're good they were pretty sloppy last year and with a coaching change who knows what's going to happen. I see Carroll and Garrett as both building up. Whitko was, but the change of coaches could make a hiccup for them in their rise. Until I see them all wrestle I stand by the prediction.

Yes, we have a very young coaching staff.  However, we have a great group of kids and very high expectations for this season.  

Yes, we have a very young coaching staff.  However, we have a great group of kids and very high expectations for this season. 

Now that I think about it you guys were a young team last year right? How many varsity are returning this year?

Now that I think about it you guys were a young team last year right? How many varsity are returning this year?

This is my first year at Whitko, but I think we graduated three seniors from last year's varsity lineup. 

Have they stopped wrestling in Decatur?  I would think Belmont should get mention as one of the top teams.

I'm pretty sure it's a given they'll be at team regional, there's no debate to be had there. Maybe someday there will be a question, but I don't see this being the year.

Have they stopped wrestling in Decatur?  I would think Belmont should get mention as one of the top teams.

dual will be good again this year, but Yorktown will dominate the Ft. Wayne semistate.  probably 6 or 7 champs....

Yorktown will have to fend off Bellmont again.  Just looking at who is returning for each team, Yorktown will have an advantage at the lower weights and Bellmont at the upper weights.  It will definitely be a battle and you will be able to get to see them wrestle at Peru on November 27.  I think this dual could be affected by the starting weight where one team can jump out to a big lead.

Yorktown will have to fend off Bellmont again.  Just looking at who is returning for each team, Yorktown will have an advantage at the lower weights and Bellmont at the upper weights.  It will definitely be a battle and you will be able to get to see them wrestle at Peru on November 27.  I think this dual could be affected by the starting weight where one team can jump out to a big lead.

The split advantages seems to happen every year. Bellmont is consistantly good up top and Yorktown down low and middle. Both teams had a lot of strong younger guys, so it should be very interesting. Neither team should have football players out for the dual, so there shouldn't be any huge surprises come team regional.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.