Brock Norton

1oldwrestler

Someone may want to make sure the facts are correct but I heard Brock Norton was in a pretty serious accident yesterday at Purdue.  Apparently he was hit by a car while skate boarding to class and he's in the hospital in pretty tough shape.  I've heard specifics as to his injuries but don't feel comfortable listing those as I don't know his parents at all and it's probably appropriate if only they wish to share that info.  Please keep him in your prayers if his situation is as stated.

....from the Purdue Exponent student newspaper

Purdue student struck by car on Grant Street

Publication Date: 10/19/2010

A student was struck by a car this morning on Grant Street while riding his skateboard and remains in critical condition.

Lt. Gary Sparger of West Lafayette Police said Brock Norton, a student in the College of Science, was struck by a car on Grant Street when he was riding his skateboard in front of West Lafayette Junior/Senior High School around 7 a.m. Monday.

Sparger said the driver failed to see Norton and proceeded to turn into the high school parking lot, causing Norton to strike the front of the car.

Norton was transferred to St. Elizabeth East hospital and is listed as in critical condition

Yes he was in a pretty serious accident yesterday morning.  He had some internal injuries, but everything is stable now.  He should be able to recover fully from all the injuries.

Here is a link to an article

http://www.jconline.com/article/20101019/NEWS/10190332/Skateboarder-hit-by-car-critical

I just got an update.  The best news is he didn't break a single bone in the accident, which is pretty damn remarkable!  He is up and moving a little, but still strapped to a few machines.  It sounds like everything is a good as it can be two days after being hit by a car.

Our best thoughts and wishes to Brock on a speedy recovery. What a tough kid. We are glad to hear that things look like they are going to be fine for this young man.

David and Nick Odom.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.