Youngest HS Head Coach to win 100 Varsity Dual Matches

dullguy

Several folks in the South Adams Wrestling family were talking the other day and we were curious if there has been a younger High School head coach to win 100 Indiana HS varsity dual matches then our outstanding coach Eric Myers who accomplished this feat in his first 5 years as a head coach at South Adams at the ripe age of 27.

Congrats Coach Myers and lets get to Wrestling!!!!!!!

FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats on the quick 100. how many of those 20 a yr wins come from a team that won its sectional? or has Adams won the sectional? been to the semi state? even chatard win 15-18 dual matches a yr but the schedule is weak. Not tryn to be rude. No idea about the Adams program. so if the replys read weve won the past 3 sectionals and 2 regionals and been to semi state. there needs to be a better way to get the best 8 teams to state. its not good for the ticket sales or the atmosphere to have a school that shouldnt be there wrestling in a match the 70-3 while two of the state top teams are beating their brains in.  Center Grove team state is one of the best things but when the place isnt even half filled. and your ear drums are ready to burst then something is wrong. Seed the final 8, do whatever. a change needs to be made. over the past couple yrs the team title was decided in the 1st two rounds of the tourney with the everyone knowing who would win with no reason to stick around.

Not being rude to you...........but study up on Adams County. You have South Adams, Adams Central, oh and I for got BELLMONT. No, I don't think they have won a semi-state, Regional, or even a Sectional. But they are a very good team and have had individuals near the top of the podium. They wrestle a very competitive schedule for them including some top 10 teams. I also don't think you are aware of the size of this school. I will leave some of this homework for you to do. They have a great web site. Look them up and you will be very impressed. I live an hour and a half away and I know who they are. Congrats Coach Myers. Careful with all the wins..............as my good buddy (Rex Peckinpaugh) and winningest coach in Indiana history would say, "with being the winningest coach, I'm also the losingest coach". Go Starfires, classy program with some great wrestling. I see where you could have three state placers this year!

hey congrats Coach Myers!  That is pretty quick.  After reading this post it got me curious so I had to go back and check my own stats out.  You got me beat.  I was 29 when I got to 96 wins and then at 30 finished with 119 wins.  Keep it up man.

there needs to be a better way to get the best 8 teams to state. its not good for the ticket sales or the atmosphere to have a school that shouldnt be there wrestling in a match the 70-3 while two of the state top teams are beating their brains in.  

I disagree.  I don't care who the top 8 teams are.  Every semi-state should be represented.  If the best 8 teams are all in Indianapolis one year, obviously they aren't all going to make it.  But I have no problem with a Top 10 team losing in Regionals to another Top 10 team and not making it to Team State even though they might be better than some of the other teams there.  They've already had their shot.  

We appreciate the support and post from our wrestling friend "Throwforfive" earlier today!!!!

South Adams does wrestle a very competive schedule and have been conference champion or co-champion the past three years in the ACAC conference with the likes of Garrett, Adams Central, Leo, Bluffton, Heritage, Southern Wells, and Woodlan.

We wrestle in the New Castle Super Dual each year and normally hold our own there and have won Jay County's ECIC 18 team tournament the last two years.

We have finished as Sectional runner-up to Bellmont the past two years. They are a tough mountain for most teams in the state to climb!!!

We do have a sexy website thanks to Coach Corey Sparks!!!!

None of the Team Duals series debate is going to matter much in short order.  The Team Duals series is going away very quickly.

Coach McCormick

Well is thats close to a definite now or just still speculation on what the IHSAA is looking at?  If its a definite are we able to gain something else as a result or is the wrestling community just losing something all together out of the deal.

In appears some people have forgot what a tournament does, provide one shot for everyone to decide who is the best nothing more, nothing less. In my view if the Team State finals were ranked according to the final poll it would provide more atmosphere for the finals and not for the opening round as in years past. This atmosphere would bring more fans and greater numbers for the finals. In the end you cannot run a profitable tournament based on good feelings and happy stories, it must be top tier wrestling.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.