Mt. Vernon (Fortville)

rdrodd1

I just heard that Mount Vernon in Fortville is needing a wrestling coach..... I just heard that today and am not sure if it is true or not....Just letting you all know.  It is getting too close to the season for these kids not to have a good coach and  role model there with them.....

Like I said,  I am not sure if it is true but I was asked if I would like to coach there....

To answer the specific question whether or not Mt Vernon Fortville is looking for a coach ... the answer is No.  After many years of involvement at Mt Vernon HS as an assistant for Jason Smith (who retired at the end of last year) I have decided to shift gears and head toward officiating.  Mt Vernon Fortville will announce their head coach and assistant Sept 20th. 

I can assure all who are concerned about the program that the new coaching staff is both highly qualified and in place ready to lead the Marauders to new heights.  It's an exciting time for the school and the athletes.  Look for a couple of our guys at the state, they'll be there.

Additionally I will still be heavily involved with the ISWA leading another group of Indiana wrestlers to Fargo 2011.

Shifting gears,

Mike McCarthy III

Ok the cats out of the bag and it's already on the School board posted agenda ... the new coach is Dan McKinney long time MVMS coach & his assistant is 2005 MVHS graduate (04 SQ , 05 8th place winner 215) Matt Whyde.  It will be a great combination and great for the school.  Both are Wabash graduates. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.