IOWA

FSU25

• 2 weeks later...

I like the tournament format, etc. but to have schoolboys wrestling 1-1-1 is ridiculous! I know that Coach Willmann is taking a group from Lowell but to me, USAW needs to increase the period length for this age group. I have been to the Midwest Nationals during the summer and I stopped going for this reason...there is a lot of riding the line, stalling on top, and the officials won't call it! Not to mention a long drive for such short periods.

1-1-1 for the championship side of a national tournament is not right. Just my opinion.  :)

With that said, we still might go...we are still undecided.

...well, I guess emailing DOES WORK sometimes! Shortly after I posted about this, I decided to give it a shot and email the tournament director for the USAW preseason nationals.

Brian Keck is the director.

I emailed him and he quickly returned an email back to me stating, "I was just thinking about this issue and I am going to increase the middle school periods to:      1 1/2-----1-----1.

The HS periods are 2----1----1.

NICE!!! (Hey, I'll take an additional 30 seconds of wrestling!)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.