2011 Teams Expected to go to State

I think a lot of people are sleeping on Bellmont.  They were very close with Yorktown by the end of the year, and they only graduated three wrestlers.  They are replacing their 215 with a j.v. kid that was really good, I think that the hanger will be rocking come team regionals. 

I think a lot of people are sleeping on Bellmont.  They were very close with Yorktown by the end of the year, and they only graduated three wrestlers.  They are replacing their 215 with a j.v. kid that was really good, I think that the hanger will be rocking come team regionals. 

I agree Bellmonts goin to be right up there again, whats the 215lbers name?

Bellmomt will be better, but Yorktown will still be very solid.  I look for this to be another quality, intense dual with the same outcome as last time.

I think New Castle has to go through Roncali and if I remember last year Roncali took it to them.  I am not sure what Roncali lost, but Jennings County gave them a handful in the first round of reginal, and JC only lost 2 seniors.  Should be a pretty good regional if all teams make it there again.

I think New Castle has to go through Roncali and if I remember last year Roncali took it to them.  I am not sure what Roncali lost, but Jennings County gave them a handful in the first round of reginal, and JC only lost 2 seniors.  Should be a pretty good regional if all teams make it there again.

That all sounds great, but I doubt JC will win the sectional!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

If my memory is correct New Castle only lost 2-3 eniors last year.  With a couple of young men coming back to New Castle they may make a big impression on the state level.

Nah they're going to have it rough at sectionals. Shenandoah is going to put it to them we've all been working hard this off season at the 'doah. Be looking for an upset here soon.

I would have put Danville in here this year but the state moved Perry Meridian out here for some reason....Perry is just too strong, in my opinion, for anybody in this region to topple them.....Not taking anything away from anyone out here in Team, but they are strong top to bottom.....Every Year....

There is no way Eastern will be at team state. They are the favorites to win the Oak Hill sectional but there are at least 4 teams in the Lafayette Jeff sectional that will have much stronger teams, and at least two teams in the Peru sectional that will be stronger. I'm predicting Huntington North to win that team regional. They only graduated two kids and did beat New Castle last year. They should be pretty solid.

I would have put Danville in here this year but the state moved Perry Meridian out here for some reason....Perry is just too strong, in my opinion, for anybody in this region to topple them.....Not taking anything away from anyone out here in Team, but they are strong top to bottom.....Every Year....

Whats all the schools there?

Whats all the schools there?

The teams at that team regional will be Franklin Perry Avon and Bloomington South, most likely. I look for Franklin and Perry to battle it out for a trip to team state. The will see each other in the first week of the season at the Franklin super 6 could be a very good dual.  :o

I would say Kokomo is the favorite in the Oak Hill sectional. most of thier kids have been wrestling all summer and they are buying into what Wells is saying. Huntington North was suppose to topple Peru last year, so say that side is a toss up. One of the teams from the Lafayette sectional will most likely win this Regional

There is no way Eastern will be at team state. They are the favorites to win the Oak Hill sectional but there are at least 4 teams in the Lafayette Jeff sectional that will have much stronger teams, and at least two teams in the Peru sectional that will be stronger. I'm predicting Huntington North to win that team regional. They only graduated two kids and did beat New Castle last year. They should be pretty solid.

I would say Kokomo is the favorite in the Oak Hill sectional. most of thier kids have been wrestling all summer and they are buying into what Wells is saying. Huntington North was suppose to topple Peru last year, so say that side is a toss up. One of the teams from the Lafayette sectional will most likely win this Regional

There are about 4 teams capable of winning this sectional and Kokomo will be one of them. They did however lose Tony Benedict for the year which will hurt but they still have other kids that could step up and win this sectional. It won't mean much though because with what the Lafayette Jeff sectional has teamwise and a couple decent Peru sectional teams, I don't see any team in the Oak Hill sectional making a state berth as a team.

what other schools r in the franklin 6 way dual?? also what returning weights does franklin have i know they were solid last year but not sure who they lost

Perry, Franklin, Roncolli, Pike, LN, and the big school team state champs from Muchigan i forget wat there high scool is called sorry! And just no that Franklin is always solid so they will be soid again this year, They have one of the best coachs in the state

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.