Region Move-ins?

lpd096

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is directly to BC/Western,

Lynde moved to Delphi when he was in the 7th grade.  At that time he had multiple All-American titles in wrestling and two state titles.  If you thinking moving to Delphi was a career move for T Lynde you are dead wrong.  I know the kid and titles don't mean anything to that boy unless it is a title earned at Conseco.  The family moving to Delphi had nothing to do with wrestling as he already had record that he earned.  If anything, Delphi was the benificiary of such a move.  And your right, his dad coached at Rossville for 9 years as the wrestling varsity coach. 

Furthermore, there was no recruiting from Delphi regarding Tanner.  However, once it was out that they were looking to move it was funny how the wrestling jobs came to his dad from the Lafayette area and said high school curriculum documentation was sent to them in the mail.  The Lynde move was from a small in-town home in Rossville to five acres on the Wabash.  They are outdoorsmen and moved for that reason.  T Lynde also has two sisters that were considered in the move (one older and one younger).  I understand what "appearances" might look like, but T Lynde didn't need Delphi, they needed him.  Get your facts straight before slamming a family and kid for moving when the kid was 13.

I don't know who BC/Western is, but if they are located between Russiaville and Kokomo they should know better than posting this crap about T, because I believe you are the family in the Western area that has kids and coaches that have been competing with T Lynde since T Lynde was four and now T has surpassed them - so get over it.  Shame on you if you are who I think you are (or one of the Shep brothers).  Feel free to send me a personal message and I will set this straight with you if there are any questions regarding the Lynde move to Delphi.  And quit posting crap you don't know anything about.  And by the way, Rossville is a far better school than Delphi in the Elementary area but in high school, Delphi surpasses what Rossville can offer hands-down and that is THE reason they made the move.  (And yes, Central Catholic and Lafayette Jeff heavily recruited T Lynde so put that in your pipe and smoke it.)

WingMan, correct me if I am wrong, but aren't you a "very close family member" to the Lynde family? If so, why do you speak of them in the third person like you're an outsider that just happens to know them and their situation? Go ahead and state who you are and how you know this stuff and you'll be more credible. You might also consider letting Tanner's credentials speak for themself and not post topics about good he is. We all already know that he's a great wrestler and an even better kid as he's proven that without your help.

Lynde moved to Delphi when he was in the 7th grade.  At that time he had multiple All-American titles in wrestling and two state titles.  If you thinking moving to Delphi was a career move for T Lynde you are dead wrong.  I know the kid and titles don't mean anything to that boy unless it is a title earned at Conseco.  The family moving to Delphi had nothing to do with wrestling as he already had record that he earned.  If anything, Delphi was the benificiary of such a move.  And your right, his dad coached at Rossville for 9 years as the wrestling varsity coach.  

Furthermore, there was no recruiting from Delphi regarding Tanner.  However, once it was out that they were looking to move it was funny how the wrestling jobs came to his dad from the Lafayette area and said high school curriculum documentation was sent to them in the mail.  The Lynde move was from a small in-town home in Rossville to five acres on the Wabash.  They are outdoorsmen and moved for that reason.  T Lynde also has two sisters that were considered in the move (one older and one younger).  I understand what "appearances" might look like, but T Lynde didn't need Delphi, they needed him.  Get your facts straight before slamming a family and kid for moving when the kid was 13.

I don't know who BC/Western is, but if they are located between Russiaville and Kokomo they should know better than posting this crap about T, because I believe you are the family in the Western area that has kids and coaches that have been competing with T Lynde since T Lynde was four and now T has surpassed them - so get over it.  Shame on you if you are who I think you are (or one of the Shep brothers).  Feel free to send me a personal message and I will set this straight with you if there are any questions regarding the Lynde move to Delphi.  And quit posting crap you don't know anything about.  And by the way, Rossville is a far better school than Delphi in the Elementary area but in high school, Delphi surpasses what Rossville can offer hands-down and that is THE reason they made the move.  (And yes, Central Catholic and Lafayette Jeff heavily recruited T Lynde so put that in your pipe and smoke it.)

Wow, I am a very big Tanner Lynde fan but that was a little much to say a school needs him? He is not making that Team a state continder so I would say he's just a good wrestler at a school in Indiana period. Thats it, Thats Atwoods team until someone else from there wrestles under the lights.

I'm not bashing the kid, family, or the wrestling program. but for a someone to bash the Shepherd name because they are associated with Western is redicules.  And no I am not a Shepherd. I really don't care who you are. I posted on a previous comment of about kids staying at their school throughout their entire carreer.  So obviously my facts are straight.  Tanner Lynde and his family did move to the Delphi and I didn't give a reason because I didn't know the reason.  All I stated was that his dad gave up a coaching position.  I know the family is an outdoors family and they hang out with many of my Delphi friends.  Tanner Lynde would have been succesful anywhere he wrestled but a room with multiple wrestling partners is sure attractive.  

Atwood has been a Delphi kid forever, but Lynde is a different story.  Wasn't his dad a coach at Rossville. did he move to Delphi for a better opportunity for his kid.  nothing agianist the family or program, but parents what the best for the kids no matter what it is. loyality and honor really isn't in the modern day language. sorry to burst ur bubble

Wow, I am a very big Tanner Lynde fan but that was a little much to say a school needs him? He is not making that Team a state continder so I would say he's just a good wrestler at a school in Indiana period. Thats it, Thats Atwoods team until someone else from there wrestles under the lights.

Lynde moved to Delphi when he was in the 7th grade.  At that time he had multiple All-American titles in wrestling and two state titles.  If you thinking moving to Delphi was a career move for T Lynde you are dead wrong.  I know the kid and titles don't mean anything to that boy unless it is a title earned at Conseco.  The family moving to Delphi had nothing to do with wrestling as he already had record that he earned.  If anything, Delphi was the benificiary of such a move.  And your right, his dad coached at Rossville for 9 years as the wrestling varsity coach.  

Furthermore, there was no recruiting from Delphi regarding Tanner.  However, once it was out that they were looking to move it was funny how the wrestling jobs came to his dad from the Lafayette area and said high school curriculum documentation was sent to them in the mail.  The Lynde move was from a small in-town home in Rossville to five acres on the Wabash.  They are outdoorsmen and moved for that reason.  T Lynde also has two sisters that were considered in the move (one older and one younger).  I understand what "appearances" might look like, but T Lynde didn't need Delphi, they needed him.  Get your facts straight before slamming a family and kid for moving when the kid was 13.

I don't know who BC/Western is, but if they are located between Russiaville and Kokomo they should know better than posting this crap about T, because I believe you are the family in the Western area that has kids and coaches that have been competing with T Lynde since T Lynde was four and now T has surpassed them - so get over it.  Shame on you if you are who I think you are (or one of the Shep brothers).  Feel free to send me a personal message and I will set this straight with you if there are any questions regarding the Lynde move to Delphi.  And quit posting crap you don't know anything about.  And by the way, Rossville is a far better school than Delphi in the Elementary area but in high school, Delphi surpasses what Rossville can offer hands-down and that is THE reason they made the move.  (And yes, Central Catholic and Lafayette Jeff heavily recruited T Lynde so put that in your pipe and smoke it.)

So my apologies to the Shepard clan (and I truly mean that) as I thought this came from them and was shocked to see such a post on Lynde's move coming from them.  And I am from Rossville so I do know something about the situation of their move.  And my comment about Delphi needing him more than he needed them was made only to make a point that their move wasn't based on wrestling.  I believe both Delphi and Lynde have benefited, but the post making it looked like Lynde moved for wrestling was uncalled for.

And whoever made the comment on it counting when you wrestle under the lights is correct.  That is where it counts.  I just don't like seeing comments made on family circumstances that aren't factual.

And I don't believe I have posted comments/postings stating how good Lynde is, I have just been fishing for information on who else is out there at his weight class and how they are doing off season.

With open-borders now in effect and (at least in our area) we see a lot of kids shuffle schools for academic reasons, sports, family circumstances I just think people should be careful about what they post that are just opinions. 

As I am not looking to prove my credibility, I will take the advice and note that I am Tanner Lynde's mother.  And to read how "we" made the move to Delphi for wrestling was quite insulting not only to me but to a kid who was 13 when we made the move (and wrestling was never considered as we have multiple great wrestling clubs in this are).

So once again, my apologies to the Shepard clan (and I will personally apologize to them the next time I see them - I jumped to a bad conclusion, and I am glad I was wrong).  And if my post offended anyone else, I apologize for that as well.

While my response to this post may have been a bit too harsh and uncalled for, so are  posts made by people making assumptions and using kid's names regarding decisions (like a family move, which in my situation, was out of my kids hand except reviewing school curriculums) that read like the family made a move for sports.

Once again, feel free to email me or post on this, as I get that my post offended many and I didn't mean to offend anyone other than the person who posted the comment about Lynde moving to Delphi for wrestling without having the facts.

So my apologies to the Shepard clan (and I truly mean that) as I thought this came from them and was shocked to see such a post on Lynde's move coming from them.  And I am from Rossville so I do know something about the situation of their move.  And my comment about Delphi needing him more than he needed them was made only to make a point that their move wasn't based on wrestling.  I believe both Delphi and Lynde have benefited, but the post making it looked like Lynde moved for wrestling was uncalled for.

And whoever made the comment on it counting when you wrestle under the lights is correct.  That is where it counts.  I just don't like seeing comments made on family circumstances that aren't factual.

And I don't believe I have posted comments/postings stating how good Lynde is, I have just been fishing for information on who else is out there at his weight class and how they are doing off season.

With open-borders now in effect and (at least in our area) we see a lot of kids shuffle schools for academic reasons, sports, family circumstances I just think people should be careful about what they post that are just opinions. 

As I am not looking to prove my credibility, I will take the advice and note that I am Tanner Lynde's mother.  And to read how "we" made the move to Delphi for wrestling was quite insulting not only to me but to a kid who was 13 when we made the move (and wrestling was never considered as we have multiple great wrestling clubs in this are).

So once again, my apologies to the Shepard clan (and I will personally apologize to them the next time I see them - I jumped to a bad conclusion, and I am glad I was wrong).  And if my post offended anyone else, I apologize for that as well.

While my response to this post may have been a bit too harsh and uncalled for, so are  posts made by people making assumptions and using kid's names regarding decisions (like a family move, which in my situation, was out of my kids hand except reviewing school curriculums) that read like the family made a move for sports.

Once again, feel free to email me or post on this, as I get that my post offended many and I didn't mean to offend anyone other than the person who posted the comment about Lynde moving to Delphi for wrestling without having the facts.

:)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.