Region Move-ins?

lpd096

In the last 6-7 years the school's enrollment has grown from 1600+ to almost 2300. Lots of new housing, a 100 million dollar school, and a growing community offer a whole lot more than just a wrestling program. I'm guessing that most of those folks moving in did so because it was best for their family. The other sports teams sure haven't benefited a whole lot from it, as they aren't making a whole lot of noise on the statewide scene.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is what it is I just like the loyalty, in a family or kid. The Kieffers could of went to Perry and they would of been back to back champs I believe, but they chose layolty, the same goes with Hurford, Atwood, Lynde they could go to bigger and better schools but they are loyal. This is not about education after only having one to two years left at a school. Hes just wanting that Team state title and to wrestle with Jason. Its none of my business I dont care, just loose respect for those teams. Best of luck to all the smaller schools that show the will to win.  Thats just my opinion on it, like I said I always loved watching Brooks wrestle and expecially against Todd.      Best of luck to the schools like Garrett, Roncalli,and all IPS schools all you other small programs that bust there but with the kids they have. 

Josh, Justin, Joe spent most of the summer working part-time jobs to pay for there education. It meant that much to them. I don't even want to mention what the cost is to attend Roncalli.  They missed out on Fargo because they saved every cent to attend Roncalli. They live 3 miles from Perry and respect the s*** out of the coaches over there.  Coach Ellis is like a father to these kids. Its called being LOYAL. 

Josh, Justin, Joe spent most of the summer working part-time jobs to pay for there education. It meant that much to them. I don't even want to mention what the cost is to attend Roncalli.  They missed out on Fargo because they saved every cent to attend Roncalli. They live 3 miles from Perry and respect the s*** out of the coaches over there.  Coach Ellis is like a father to these kids. Its called being LOYAL. 

To think they did all of that when they could have come to New Castle for free, and lived with me.  I probably would have paid them as well........

I hope everyone realizes I am just kidding.....I wouldn't have paid them. 

To think they did all of that when they could have come to New Castle for free, and lived with me.  I probably would have paid them as well........

I hope everyone realizes I am just kidding.....I wouldn't have paid them.  

You would of just fed them well in the off season

Josh, Justin, Joe spent most of the summer working part-time jobs to pay for there education. It meant that much to them. I don't even want to mention what the cost is to attend Roncalli.  They missed out on Fargo because they saved every cent to attend Roncalli. They live 3 miles from Perry and respect the s*** out of the coaches over there.  Coach Ellis is like a father to these kids. Its called being LOYAL.  

Just  one more note because I have a great deal of respect for your and your family, The boys was enrolled in Perry, then the lord took them on the path they was supposed to go and yes it is Loyalty, I will never forget you guys. And how you have helped our family, we love you all ( hopefully this is the year for the St. Roch boys to be at Conseco all 4 of them.) I wish we could of made it but things happen my heart is with Lance Ellis and Rob Miller, to turn a program around that quick with little enrollment is awsome. DEDICATION!! Best wishes to the Roncalli Rebels, I love what your about.( If you followed the program the last 5 to 6 years you know what Im saying) Roncalli's like Perrys brother, I am very proud of all the coaches, wrestlers , managers, fans, parents. I love it!!

You know you guys mean the same to us, its just hard to read the B.S. on here, year in, year out.  Familys that move to better there child for a sport.  This is just one rumor, pretty sure some other programs have had the same effect on other familys.  I just wonder how the child develops any roots. Must live a very sheltered life not to miss his friends.

You know you guys mean the same to us, its just hard to read the B.S. on here, year in, year out.  Familys that move to better there child for a sport.  This is just one rumor, pretty sure some other programs have had the same effect on other familys.  I just wonder how the child develops any roots. Must live a very sheltered life not to miss his friends.

Exactly my point, Kevin Im very proud of you, your wife and the boys I know how hard its been but it will all payoff in the long run. Your kids are the best!! This should be a fun year, its hard to believe the boys are almost done seems like the other day they was wrestling for St. Roch wow

You know Rebel4life your boys are some of the most outstanding kids I have ever known. Those young men will go as far in life as they choose.  I to know loyalty I've had a few opportunities to move the family around the state and out of state but our blood bleeds green and white and will for at least 2 more years!  By the way tell the boys we went to So. Eastern Indiana last week and caught a ton of 1 1/2 lb Blue Gills and the oldest even caught the old man in the cheek with a hook as he was casting.  After I calmed down and got he hook out of my face we laughed and he said,  "That was the biggest large mouth ass ever taken from the pond."  Thank the Lord I'm broke down and can't run.  Really it was quite comical.  Good luck to all this year and who cares who moves here and there  JUST WRESTLE

It is what it is I just like the loyalty, in a family or kid. The Kieffers could of went to Perry and they would of been back to back champs I believe, but they chose layolty, the same goes with Hurford, Atwood, Lynde they could go to bigger and better schools but they are loyal. This is not about education after only having one to two years left at a school. Hes just wanting that Team state title and to wrestle with Jason. Its none of my business I dont care, just loose respect for those teams. Best of luck to all the smaller schools that show the will to win.  Thats just my opinion on it, like I said I always loved watching Brooks wrestle and expecially against Todd.      Best of luck to the schools like Garrett, Roncalli,and all IPS schools all you other small programs that bust there but with the kids they have. 

Atwood has been a Delphi kid forever, but Lynde is a different story.  Wasn't his dad a coach at Rossville. did he move to Delphi for a better opportunity for his kid.  nothing agianist the family or program, but parents what the best for the kids no matter what it is. loyality and honor really isn't in the modern day language. sorry to burst ur bubble

If CP is getting kids to go to there school. then lets be honest, they are by far not the only one inb the state doing this.

There are two different ways to look at things now: join the best and get better  or get better and beat the best

Even in pro sports now players are getting together to choose what team they want to play for....

And with school starting either now, or real soon, for all schools in the state, we will have a better picture of what wrestlers are going to what schools very soon.....

According to a to a close friend Brooks is still living and training (MMA) in Warsaw. I just saw him win an MMA fight in Elkhart. Kids tough. According to my source he hasn't heard him discuss moving or attending CP. I would think if he was indeed going, he would have been there by now, and if he was already there he wouldn't be driving back to Warsaw to train. But I could be wrong, it sure wouldn't be the first time.

According to a to a close friend Brooks is still living and training (MMA) in Warsaw. I just saw him win an MMA fight in Elkhart. Kids tough. According to my source he hasn't heard him discuss moving or attending CP. I would think if he was indeed going, he would have been there by now, and if he was already there he wouldn't be driving back to Warsaw to train. But I could be wrong, it sure wouldn't be the first time.

Well in Brooks case I believe we heard a similar rumor last year.  If I recall it was started by someone that knew him who just to see everyone react to a top names tranfering.  So we may want to hold that rumor with a grain of salt.  

However, we always have a few tranfers around the state each year that look like more of an athletic priority first and a as good or better educational sitaution an added bonus.

People don't have better things to do than spred rumors of kids moving exc.

I thought Indiana had some laws concerning the age at which kids could fight in an MMA bout?

Ya I would like to know because Jake Nealy fought then they wouldnt let him fight again until he was 18, but others can dont know the law on that can anyone help? And congats to Deven Jackson he has had some good wins.

Both lil Brooks and Jackson have been in The Open Mat's National rankings at their respective weights. I was curious if these two have been spending more time on MMA this summer as opposed to sharpening their wrestling skills? As I said...just curious.

There are two different ways to look at things now: join the best and get better  or get better and beat the best

Well said.

However, I am a firm believer that championships are won by the hours & hours of wrestling the best competition available. It is very hard to get better when you are the very best wrestler at your school and you don?t have anybody to push you or challenge you in practice. If you are the big fish in a small pond it?s great but come tournament time all those regular season wins don?t matter and come SS and State there will be a wrestler who had stellar practice partners that will come out on top because he was challenged all year on the mat.

I am all about loyalty and believe where you go to school growing up is where you should graduate from. After 8th grade I don?t think a kid/family should transfer schools. I can see why parents sometimes choose to do so, to give their kids the best opportunity to get better and possibly win a state title or earn a college scholarship. But at the end of the day if a kid is truly that good, wants it bad enough, and puts the work in he will get to the top, just might not be as easy as others.

Andrew Howe chose to go to Wisconsin not becuase they had the best wrestling team in the nation or the most NCAA banners, but becuase wisconsin had the best practice partner/ assistant coach  that howe could wrestle against day in and day out, A former NCAA champ. Howe looks to be the next 3X national champ.. and i bet if u asked him he would give most the credit to his practice partner, if he would have went to Iowa or another big time program he probably would have won a national title or 2 but i dont think he would be on the level he is right now without such good competition in the practice room.

I can see a day in the futere where almost all sports are removed from being school ran and establishing a a European style  club is the only way to participate.  With schools being able to rent out facilities for extra cash.  

This will occur because of two reason.

(A) Tranfers for athletic reason getting completely out of hand and thus losing complete sight of schools being established for educational purposes first.

(B) School have an even harder time finding extra money in their budgets to support the basic needs most sports programs.

I'm not completely in favor of it but with the way things are going I'm sure some people will start suggesting it as a solution.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.