Region Move-ins?

lpd096

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmmm

I've heard a few "rumors". I don't want to be the first to say. I know one thing, some people are gonna throw a fit.

Hey Lpd096. Wanna place a freindly wager on the Lowell C.P football game? I'll even spot ya a touchdown.

OldDawg,

No wager since I am coaching with the boys that night but you do understand that we are bringing our VARSITY right? Now, if we brought our J.V., it would be a better game.  hahaha

Seriously, it should be a great game, the longest rivalry in the State of Indiana. No love lost betweens these two squads!

Re: wrestling, it appears that the Dogs have bolstered themselves nicely at 103, 112, and 119 (potentially). A great room, school, and community is very attractive; Illinois folks migrating over here every day to CP and Lowell.

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who says that the Welch brothers, Willis, and Sliga were at 31 Flavors last night talking about moving to an area north of lafayette, south of lake michigan, west of south bend, and east of chicago.  I guess it's pretty serious. :P

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who says that the Welch brothers, Willis, and Sliga were at 31 Flavors last night talking about moving to an area north of lafayette, south of lake michigan, west of south bend, and east of chicago.  I guess it's pretty serious. :P

Oh......mah......gawd!

Thank you for the best adapted Ferris Bueller reference I've ever seen on this forum. I tip my hat to you.

This is what I have been hearing but this is all "RUMOR"...

It appears that CP will be enjoying some move-ins down US 30.  Two move-ins traveling EAST down US 30 to CP (from out of state); the other traveling about an hour and a half WEST down US 30 to CP.  :)

RegionRat1,

It could have been better, could have moved 7 miles to the south to Lowell!!!! hahaha

Good for these kids.  Anytime a family is willing to sacrifice for the betterment of their kids, I am all for it.  I always see people post on this website like it is a negative.  I don't get it.  Why would you not want to give your child the best opportunities?  If this is true, I applaud this.

Good for these kids.  Anytime a family is willing to sacrifice for the betterment of their kids, I am all for it.  I always see people post on this website like it is a negative.  I don't get it.  Why would you not want to give your child the best opportunities?  If this is true, I applaud this.

If they move for a better education, then I agree with you... But if it is only for athletics, then I completely disagree...

If they move for a better education, then I agree with you... But if it is only for athletics, then I completely disagree...

Yeah but most better education oppertunities could be fixed much easier and cheaper than moving a great distance to a far away school distract.  Between tutors, college course they offer online to HS students, or a move to a school distract very close by familes have plenty of oppertunity to help improve their childs education without moving a great distance away.  Education may be the reason most feed to the athletic association of their state but in most cases of good athletes moving to a top program it was finding a school in that area of the state with the best athletics that also was OK education and safty wise.  This is same story with some parents saying they moved because of a new job.  I have no doubt the had to move a great distance because the family needed to pay the bills and they couldn't find a job close by.  However, most could have easily found a community with a great school education wise just 10-30min from that new job.  But its strange they would then buy a house 45min or much farther from work that just happened to be in an area with a top sports program their son/daughter is involed in.  

I'm all for helping the kids out in sports but some people do seem to lose track of the education, community, and character development their kids need from them before the athletic benifits.  In most cases if the kid was that good he/she was good without being part of that top team.  So he/she already has the kind of athletic exposure to the the people at the next level who are follwing him/her withouth moving.

LPD

Quit teasing the folks, give em what they want, haha.

We will have to see what happens in the game, I know one thing, I am pumped as usual. I guess I'm a sore loser, but I just cannot accept that Lowell has been the better team the last 10 years or so..... despite what the record indicates. It's seems to me that we just can't get it going by week 1, the offense takes a while to get moving. Ol' Pettit has gotten outcoached a few times too. If the game was played on paper we would beat them soundly every year, our team just seems to lack the toughness and intensity that the Red Devils have.

I have a tremendous amount of respect for how hard that program plays, Kirk Kennedy was a helluva football coach, unfortunatley, I think he will have to expand his playbook against the big boys in Indy. You just can't run counter, iso, power every play and throw in  a bootleg every once in a while and move the chains against those guys. If Kennedy had a nickel for every time he proved me wrong, he could buy a football team, I just think he is really up against it in Bloomington.

You know, people move everyday. Crown Point is a really good community, school, and wrestling program. Why wouldnt someone want to move there? But i know when it comes out, people are gonna throw a fit. And they really have nothing to be upset about.

OldDawg,

I can tell you this, we are still the same ole, same ole...we are going to run right at ya...ISO, ISO, ISO...and the key for us is always a great offensive line and a great defense. We always have good backs but it's our line that is the key.  Our philosophy hasn't changed, Coach Kennedy may have left but the rest of the staff is here (for the most part) and we may pass the ball more than 3 times a game now, maybe 4 or 5 times a game!!! LOL...

As for the Lowell/CP game? Anything can happen when two rivals mix it up! It should be exciting!!

Alright, might as well let the cat "out of the bag" since this is just a RUMOR but this is what I have been hearing...

1. CP will inherit the FUQUA brothers, Jake and Josh. Jake is a Junior and Josh is a Freshman...both are very solid and well known wrestlers from Illinois. They would have attended Bloom HS in Chicago Hts so the move to CP is definitely a huge step up in all avenues of their life....and I can personally say I know the family----a great bunch of folks!

2. Jarred Brooks has enrolled at Crown Point HS.

That's the rumor going around the region...it may be false but that's what I am hearing from several people.

Alright, might as well let the cat "out of the bag" since this is just a RUMOR but this is what I have been hearing...

1. CP will inherit the FUQUA brothers, Jake and Josh. Jake is a Junior and Josh is a Freshman...both are very solid and well known wrestlers from Illinois. They would have attended Bloom HS in Chicago Hts so the move to CP is definitely a huge step up in all avenues of their life....and I can personally say I know the family----a great bunch of folks!

2. Jarred Brooks has enrolled at Crown Point HS.

That's the rumor going around the region...it may be false but that's what I am hearing from several people.

Lil Brooks transfering and the boy's from Illinois, I try to stay positive about all the programs. But theres a little recruiting goin on here, Its all good What weight are the brothers from Illinois? Ha lets work that much harder ( the teams that build there wrestlers instead of inhariting them. Good luck this season!!) What a shame!! Cant wait for the season to start, lets get it on. Anymore recruits headed to the region we wrestle and make the best out of who we have one middle school for one high school. I love it. You guys keep recruiting and we will keep molding our great wrestlers to become the2011 State Champs It seems like there has been alot of kids transferring to CP

That's the most interesting thing about it, CP doesn't have to recruit. First, if you know Coach Vlink like I do, he doesn't believe in recruiting, he's old school to the bone! Second, when you have a city/school system like CP, no offical or individual coach has to recruit..it literally sells itself---top notch academics, facilities, and support...not to the mention the fact that the ROOM sells itself, no one has to recruit anyone for them to know that having Tsirtsis and Roach in the room will help bring any wrestler to the next level.

CP is our biggest rival and if I thought or observed recruiting going on, I would definitely say so but if you have never been to CPHS, go for a look...it's a freaking Taj Mahal, any parent would want their kid to attend that school.

I have always been of the thinking..."don't complain, just beat'em".

That's the most interesting thing about it, CP doesn't have to recruit. First, if you know Coach Vlink like I do, he doesn't believe in recruiting, he's old school to the bone! Second, when you have a city/school system like CP, no offical or individual coach has to recruit..it literally sells itself---top notch academics, facilities, and support...not to the mention the fact that the ROOM sells itself, no one has to recruit anyone for them to know that having Tsirtsis and Roach in the room will help bring any wrestler to the next level.

CP is our biggest rival and if I thought or observed recruiting going on, I would definitely say so but if you have never been to CPHS, go for a look...it's a freaking Taj Mahal, any parent would want their kid to attend that school.

I have always been of the thinking..."don't complain, just beat'em".

Well said!  what ever is best for the kids!

Theres no loyalty in that wrestle and go to Warsaw your hole life and have one or two years left, I think it has more to do with winning a Team state title we are not nieve to this subject say what you will. I have much more respect for a wrestler like Hurford that goes to a small school or Atwood,Lynde and finishes where they started. Just my opinion( Dont get me wrong I like lil Brooks, just will not route for him to win now at CP)

It is funny to hear people say that CP sells it self with it facilities, academics, and community.  I guess if CP was a private school then more people would be complaining about them recruiting than the selling points of their school.  Mater Dei builds a powerhouse and they recruit, CP starts to build a powerhouse and they are selling their school?  Either way, you have to beat the best to be the best.

With open enrollment schools have to sell themselves, the best marketing gets the most funding. Crown Point is strong academically, but there were other strong schools a whole lot closer to Warsaw. I guess we wait and see if this is even more than a rumor, wasn't this the rumor last summer too?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.