Good luck Team Indiana

grecoref

I have been in Fargo every year since the Junior Nationals have been held there... which I believe is 1993. The first year we were there the Red River had flooded a few weeks prior to the tournament and they had to pump hundreds of gallons of water out of the Fargo Dome. For those of you that have been on the floor of the Dome there is a concrete walll that is the base of the spectator seating. The flood waters were well over 6 feet deep in the Dome and in some places the water line is still visible on the wall. The result of all that standing water created mosquitos the size of Volkswagons, who literally swarmed and would chase you from the parking lot to the dorms. I'm NOT joking. They were like killer bees.

In the early years I went to what was called an Italian Restaurant. We ordered wine with dinner and the waitress came back and told she had two problems...."we are out of EYETALIAN dressing and we can't get the wine out of the box" One of the guys asked if they had olive oil and vinegar and she said yes...solving the first problem we moved on to the wine. We said "out of the box"...you mean the crate? "No, the spout broke on the box and the wine won't come out"

I rest my case!

"No, the spout broke on the box and the wine won't come out"

Being that MacGyver hails from Minnisota not North Dakota they were never properly trained how to handle those type of situations.

I have been in Fargo every year since the Junior Nationals have been held there... which I believe is 1993. The first year we were there the Red River had flooded a few weeks prior to the tournament and they had to pump hundreds of gallons of water out of the Fargo Dome. For those of you that have been on the floor of the Dome there is a concrete walll that is the base of the spectator seating. The flood waters were well over 6 feet deep in the Dome and in some places the water line is still visible on the wall. The result of all that standing water created mosquitos the size of Volkswagons, who literally swarmed and would chase you from the parking lot to the dorms. I'm NOT joking. They were like killer bees.

In the early years I went to what was called an Italian Restaurant. We ordered wine with dinner and the waitress came back and told she had two problems...."we are out of EYETALIAN dressing and we can't get the wine out of the box" One of the guys asked if they had olive oil and vinegar and she said yes...solving the first problem we moved on to the wine. We said "out of the box"...you mean the crate? "No, the spout broke on the box and the wine won't come out"

I rest my case!

I have just gotten word, the Fargo Convention & Visitors Bureau is moving to San Diego

That is hillarious.  Very much the truth on all aspects.  Fargo isn't the ideal vacation spot and, as the original post eluded to, this is a business trip.  Where you have your fun at is competing against the best kids in the country and taking your place among the elite.  If we 1) Fear no man, 2) Set the tone, 3) Be relentless and, 4) Wrestle to win, Indiana will be able to walk away not only with no regrets - but a lot of medals.  Best  of luck Team Indiana!!!!!!!  :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.