I.H.S.A.A. Commissioner To Step Down

ArmyofOne

http://tristatehomepage.com/fulltext?nxd_id=170815

Reported by: web producer

Wanted:  One Commissioner for the Indiana High School Athletic Association.

The IHSAA has begun the search for its eighth commissioner.  Current Commissioner Blake Ress says he will step down February 1st.

Ress is a native of Tell City, Indiana, where he played football, basketball, and baseball for the Marksmen.  He has been the commissioner of the IHSAA since 2000.

?Blake Ress has been visionary in his leadership of the IHSAA while staying true to the core mission of the Association,? says Paul Neidig, Director of Athletics of Evansville Vanderburgh School Corporation and chairman of the IHSAA Executive Committee. ?The thing I most admire about Blake is his ability to make the tough decisions while not alienating people or the member schools along the way. On behalf of the IHSAA Executive Committee, I would like to wish Blake Ress the best of luck in his retirement.? ?I am genuinely appreciative for having had the opportunity to serve in this capacity for the past 10 years,? says Ress. ?I have thoroughly enjoyed the experience and will treasure the memories.?

Ress is 68.  The IHSAA says a search for his successor will begin immediately.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.