2011 State Finals for 103 lbs.

Stally135

I've been thinking and it's a pretty deep class. But I don't know who will win. I'm think either Jared Brooks, Mike Venizia or Riley Newkirk. Not Cody Philips because I just don't see him going 103 this year. And Newkirk? Well he is a good wrestler and just had a bad day at regionals this year. He could've easily gotten top 4 and moved on to semi-state. But he's gotten very strong over the off-season and hopefully doesn't have any off days next year.

Post your opinion

Well obviously we would have to remove the seniors, not account yet for some 8th grade studs, and wait to actually hear who moves up a weight to have a somewhat realistic looking list.  But, I would expect next years start of the season rankings to look something similar to this since the RC usually does the first rankings just off of a few things (A) last years state tournament results  (B) fills in the lower spots from  SS results  © and/or names from his final rankings of the previous year:

1. Phillips 1st

2. Petrov 2nd

3. Schroeder 3rd

4. Brooks 5th

5. Farrell 6th

6. Hamm 8th

7. VanHook SQ

8. Busz SQ

9. Gettinger SQ

10. Moss SQ

11. Bevans SQ

12. Shepard SQ

13. Nelson SQ

14. Overby SQ

15. Venezia ranked 7th (lost at SS)

16. Slagla ranked 12th (lost at SS)

17. Yamamoto ranked 14th (lost at SS)

18. Schmith ranked 16th (lost at SS)

19. Bova ranked 19th (lost at SS)

20. Ferdig best record of state alternates (lost at SS)

With a little adjusting you now just have 13 more to go Rankings Guy.

Though we can probably expect to see more than half these names at 112 or 119 next year.

still going with venezia he was bred for wrestling has had tremendous coaching his whole life and has a great attitude and work ethic. his uncle frank a state champ his dad a runner up and uncles that werent too bad.

I must say that Venezia is not bad at all. A very sound kid that looked good at City, Sectionals< and Regionals. I don't know who will win it at 103 but Mike is a contendar. One another note for Howe will have a complete line up this year from top to bottom. With freshman D'Angelo Barns at 103 and Arizona Burns at 112 this kid is special coming off a Wayne Township Invitational Championship and summer wrestling. 8)

Newkirk beat Venizia last year

Yes, yes he did in the Sectionals finals, he also was winning a match pretty soundly at Regionals in ended up losing to a kid that he probably should have beat. I guess that this can be determined when the wrestle again. Just a thought. Newkirk is a tough hombre though. Should be interesting. 

8th graders who will make an impact:

Chandler Carroll

Nathan Boston

Stevan Micic

If LeCount decides to cut, he'll be in the mix as well...

I'll take any of these 4 to be ranked in the TOP 5-8 by Sectional time...and don't be surprised if one of them is under the lights!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.