Moving to Indianapolis & need advice

mnorth

Hi, my family will be moving to Indianapolis (or area) this summer from South Dakota.  I know those that read this board won't be surprised that we want to select an area that has a good/great wrestling program.  My son will be in 6th grade next year.  I'd like to target the north side of the city if possible.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I say you go about 45 minuts north of Indy to Kokomo.  Western High School is a Four star school and has an up and coming wrestling program.  We would love to add another talented student

Hamilton Southeastern has Humphrey wrestling based out of the School.  They have been there for 1 year now.

Jim Humphrey is a former Olympic coach.  The school is run by his oldest son Jordan.  Reece Humphrey is

the youngest of the 2 boys.  HSE is one of the 2 Fishers schools.  You can train all year if that is what you are

looking for.

You can go to there web sight and check them out.

http://humphreywrestling.com

Northside of Indy, or up to Kokomo....Yorktown would be the smart move.

Great School

Great Area...less than an hour to the north side of Indy, a little over an hour to te soutside of Fort Wayne

Great Wrestling program, starting at the elementary level

Great coaches

Great parental involvement

Note: I am not a coach or teacher in the school system, just a parent of an elementary aged wrestler.

I have lived in the Jay County , Bloomington and Yorktown. 

Yorktown is the place to be.

if you are looking to stay close to Indy,  HSE with Hump is a good choice youth and hischool programs on the rise also in Hamilton County Westfield has good youth and HI-SCHOOL PROGRAMS Carmel has good hi-school program  in Boone county Zionsville solid youth and hi-school these are all north burgs to Indy. in Indy it self Irish youth wrestling club out of Catherdal hi-school top notch Catherdal.s school program very solid, CIA ALSO RUNS THIER YEAR AROUND PROGRAM  out of Catherdal.  Lawerence North hi-school solid program both of these are NE   Indy Pike on the NW side is up and coming program  if an hour drive to Indy is not a problem then Yorktown is an exellent program youth and hi-school. the folks from my club who read this will give me a hard time if I don't at least make a pitch for you to come west to Avon, youth program getting stronger every year and a solid hi-school program. good luck to you in your search. Lee Harris Avon Wrestling Club

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.