Penn Xtreme Bronze (IN) 

Penn Xtreme Copper (IN) 

Penn Xtreme Silver (IN) 

Yorktown High School (IN) 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who will the 189lbers be is Ashton going 71 or 89, Bass will be a good 189lber? Richards should do well this year his 3rd year at this tourny at 89. Is Sliga going on the bearcats?Boots 71 or 89?

If any teams have a open spot at 145 or 152 again PJ Montgomery would like to join up for the duals. Pj was a 5th place finisher at state. You can contact me David Montgomery at damonty1972@aol.com or my cell is 812-251-8029. Thanks.

Who will the 189lbers be is Ashton going 71 or 89, Bass will be a good 189lber? Richards should do well this year his 3rd year at this tourny at 89. Is Sliga going on the bearcats?Boots 71 or 89?

Ashton will not be at Disney this year.  He had double hernia surgery a few weeks ago and will not be ready by Disney.  He will be at 171 for the high school season.

• 2 weeks later...

Hoosier Elite needs to fill a couple of last minute spots. We need a 160, 171 and 215. Our 160 just backed out do to some kind of family scheduling issues. We would also like to take at least one alternate. I would like the alternate to be 125-130 and/or 152-160 so we can move things around if there are any injuries. If you are interested and need more info please call me ASAP (812)929-2784. Our mini camp starts Tuesday night and we leave late Wednesday night. Weigh ins for the District All Star teams are on Friday.

Coach Miracle

here's the breakdown :

Division 1 - 40 teams

division 2 - 23 teams

developmental league - 7 teams

All star team - 43 teams

Yorktown is in the D2

16 teams from Lndiana

Bloomington South Wrestling (IN)  - d1

Center Grove Trojans (IN)                  - d1

Central Indiana Bearcats (IN)          - d1

Columbus East (IN)                              - d1

Falcon Blue (IN)                                    - d1

Falcon Silver (IN)                                - d1

Hamilton Southeastern (IN) 

Jennings County (IN)                        - d1

Lowell High School (IN)                    -d2

Mater Dei Gold (IN)                            -d2

Mater Dei Red (IN)                              -d1

Penn Xtreme Gold (IN)                      - d1

Penn Xtreme Bronze (IN)                  - d2

Penn Xtreme Copper (IN)                  - d2

Penn Xtreme Silver (IN)                  - d2

Yorktown High School (IN) 

-d2

here's the breakdown :

Division 1 - 40 teams

division 2 - 23 teams

developmental league - 7 teams

All star team - 43 teams

Yorktown is in the D2

Just a question but why would a top team like Yorktown enter in d2, I wanted to see how they would fair against the BEST teams.

Just a question but why would a top team like Yorktown enter in d2, I wanted to see how they would fair against the BEST teams.

If I recall the divisions are divided up by school size.  However, you can ask to have your school place in another division I believe if you can justify the reason.  A D1 team may move to D2 because cause the team is very young/inexperienced, it mostly their JV guys,  etc.  A D2 team may move to D1 because they want to see differeent competition.  Some team may want to move up to the D1 division or stay in D2 just to face more out of state competion instead of running the chance of facing several in-state teams (most of IN teams are D1).  Some schools with multiple team (like Penn) may divide their group up between the division in an attempt not face each other in the competition.  

While Yorktown can probably ask to be placed in D1they are in the correct spot size wise being in D2, they many not have brought their whole varsity starting line up, they may want to face more out of state competion, or maybe they just want a crack at being back to back D2 champions.  

I would also say some of the "best teams" are actually in All-Star division too (made up of kids from several different schools), but I don't see many top school teams moving into that division from D1 or D2.

If I recall the divisions are divided up by school size.  However, you can ask to have your school place in another division I believe if you can justify the reason.  A D1 team may move to D2 because cause the team is very young/inexperienced, it mostly their JV guys,  etc.  A D2 team may move to D1 because they want to see differeent competition.  Some team may want to move up to the D1 division or stay in D2 just to face more out of state competion instead of running the chance of facing several in-state teams (most of IN teams are D1).  Some schools with multiple team (like Penn) may divide their group up between the division in an attempt not face each other in the competition.  

While Yorktown can probably ask to be placed in D1they are in the correct spot size wise being in D2, they many not have brought their whole varsity starting line up, they may want to face more out of state competion, or maybe they just want a crack at being back to back D2 champions.  

I would also say some of the "best teams" are actually in All-Star division too (made up of kids from several different schools), but I don't see many top school teams moving into that division from D1 or D2.

Thanks

if they split the divisions right there would be a chance for the 6 indiana D2 teams to take 1 thru 3 in each bracket and in D 1 to take 1 thru 5

last year we placed 4 teams in the top 8 of their brackets 1 in D2 Yorktown, 3 in D1 Bloomington South(5th), Columbus East(7th) and the Falcon Blue (2nd)

hopefully we will get more teams in the top 8 since they had 5 brackets last year.

Go Hoosier Wrestlers!!!!!

Sorry about that but on the Duels web page they have 5 pools listed in D2 but only have 2 brackets listed showing final results. Also they dont have all the D1 final brackets listed either (show 3 pools).  I unfortunately assumed that all the other teams were elimated earlier. Guess they just ran out of page to post the results for the other pools.

Sorry about that but on the Duels web page they have 5 pools listed in D2 but only have 2 brackets listed showing final results. Also they dont have all the D1 final brackets listed either (show 3 pools).  I unfortunately assumed that all the other teams were elimated earlier. Guess they just ran out of page to post the results for the other pools.

Big Joe, what's the address of the website?

Penn has Atwood at189, and Mike Jones at 215. This team should be an all star team

Community Division 1. Larger school division based on 2009-2010 enrollment and 2009 Scholastic Duals Final 8. No more than three (3) wrestlers may come from other schools that make up this team and all must reside in the same AAU District.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.