Bellator XXIII: 4th Street in Louisville, KY on Thurs. June 24th

MattM

Bout Info: http://www.bellator.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=23600&ATCLID=204957242

Tournament bouts

Featherweight final:  Patricio Freire vs.  Joe Warren

Middleweight final:  Bryan Baker vs.  Alexander Shlemenko

Non-Tournament bouts

Bantamweight bout:  Nick Mamalis vs.  Albert Rios

Women's (115 lb) bout:  Rosi Sexton vs.  Zoila Frausto

Welterweight bout:  John Troyer vs.  Brent Weedman

Lightweight bout:  Chad Hinton vs.  Daniel Stratus

Heavyweight bout:  Ron Sparks vs.  Dave Hess

Welterweight bout:  Dave Overfield vs.  Kurt Kinser

Middleweight bout:  Mike Fleniken vs.  Stoney Hale

Ticket Info: http://www.ticketweb.com/t3/sale/SaleEventDetail?DB_OEM_ID=23600&dispatch=loadSelectionData&eventId=2103045

$15 General Admission and $100 ringside seating.

Doors open at 5EST fights start at 6.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm guessing tickets are still available.  Anyone attending?  

Should be a good night of fights for a very reasonable price.  I was wanting to go if I can get one of our other coaches to make the trip down with me.

Joe Warren came back from a supreme beatdown in the first to win a split decision and earn the check.

Our Hoosier represented... Kurt Kinser def. David Overfield via TKO (punches) - Round 1, 2:30

Anybody see Ben Askren win last week? He looked prety good, he took the guy down and waited for things to open up. His opponent had him in a submission hold but Ben got out. I thought is was prety cool that he won after the "refs talk" at the begining of the bout Ben put his gloves up to tap gloves the other guy dissed him , didn't tap gloves and just walked away Ben was like "Well, ok man!" a good bout in my mind.

Had great seats just feet away from the cage sitting in a local establishment that had giant bay windows open that gave a center view of things.

Kinser did looked impressive controlling the fight and opening up Overfield before finally getting the stoppage.

Warren was lucky to survive  first round on-slaught by Pitbull and was saved by the bell.  After "coming out of his daze" he manage to control the next few round with takedowns and decent ground and pound.

From what I could see Sclemenko in my opinion got the benifit of a slightly early stopage to win over Baker. I figured the fight would have stopped not to long after that unless Baker could have figured something out but it seemed a little premature.

I will say in the womens fight they came to brawl.  The highly touted Rosi Sexton decided to stand and trade with the Frausto and as a result caught a very nasty knee that put her out.

For being 39 Hinton was a solid man with some decent skills and was impressed to see him fight the much younger 25 year old Stratus.

All in all worth the trip though they have the tournament finals as the 3rd-4th fight of the evening to so it could make the TV time then showed most of the rest of the card.  I figured they would have did most of those fights earlier and if TV time was short just edit in what fights they needed to in order to fill it.  Guess that not how they do it in that organizations TV coverage though.