golden cross summer camp

badpta

Do you know of anyone who has ever attended this camp or know of anyone that is a part of this club?  I was thinking of sending my intermediate 60-65 pounder to this but want to make sure it is worth the time.  The price is pretty good for a 3 day camp and it seems that ohio wrestling is at a different level than indiana, so i was thinking about sending him to an ohio camp.  I was thinking about sending him to Miron, but the trip is twice as long and would have to spend money on a hotel.

I  registered my son for the primetime camp earlier this week, his name has not been added to the list yet.  He is also gonna do the contenders camp in july, but was wanting an opinion on the Golden Cross camp.

Please give Avery Zerkle a call.  (937)631-2099.  He can tell you if there are good kids registered around his weight.  Avery is an outstanding technician and relates well to the kids.

Personally speaking, my son has done several Golden Cross camps and I have never been disappointed.  Quite frankly, I wouldn't miss one.

Steve Shie

Avery is a great guy and a great coach.    I would say if you are free that week go check the camp out.  I know there are going to be some goods kids there and a coach showing some good technique.  Can't go wrong with that.

My son, Cael, will be attending the Golden Cross camp for the first time this year.  In my research of the camp I have heard nothing but good things about the camp.  Coach Zerkle wrestled for and was one of Jeff Jordan's assistant coaches at Graham HS before setting out to make a name for himself as a head coach in Ohio.  I also know that Casey Stouffer (Mount St. Joseph College Head Coach) will be present at the camp.  Casey is an A-1, top notch man.  He wrestled high school in Indiana, before wrestling in college and the US/World circuit. 

Beyond technique, I would trust my son's well-being and care with either of these gentlemen.  Cael is looking forward to attending the Golden Cross camp after he is finished with the Prime Time camp in New Castle.

Coach McCormick

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.