Riley McClurg?

I was there at the tournament, but didn't see the match.  I did speak some individuals mat side saying it was totally an illegal move that should of obviously been stopped.  The refferee in the match was being yelled at by everyone from the crowd to the mat chairman telling him to stop the match.  His arrogance was such that he totally ignored the commotion and let the mat continue.  If that is true his freestyle license should be revoked.  I am a certified high school refferee and it is the main  responsibility of the refferee to insure the safety of the wrestlers.  I have stopped matches if I had one inch of doubt an individual was in danger of being injured and never have I  been ridiculed by coaches or fans.  If  they find this guy guilty of neglance then revoke his license to ref, because now there might be a great young wrestler that could be out for 6-8 months with a torn MCL.  Nice job ref way to show arrogance and a total lack of knowledcge for this great sport!

I was there at the tournament, but didn't see the match.  I did speak some individuals mat side saying it was totally an illegal move that should of obviously been stopped.  The refferee in the match was being yelled at by everyone from the crowd to the mat chairman telling him to stop the match.  His arrogance was such that he totally ignored the commotion and let the mat continue.  If that is true his freestyle license should be revoked.   I am a certified high school refferee and it is the main  responsibility of the refferee to insure the safety of the wrestlers.  I have stopped matches if I had one inch of doubt an individual was in danger of being injured and never have I  been ridiculed by coaches or fans.  If  they find this guy guilty of neglance then revoke his license to ref, because now there might be a great young wrestler that could be out for 6-8 months with a torn MCL.  Nice job ref way to show arrogance and a total lack of knowledcge for this great sport!

Sooooo..... let me get this straight:

1. You are a "certified high school official" (but not a freestyle official)

2. you didn't see the match

3. based on what other people told you that were at matside the official ignored the commotion, is arrogant, should have stopped the match, and should have his license revoked.

4. You are damning another official on a public forum for all of the above.

Hmmmmmmm..... no wonder you have never worked past a sectional in the IHSAA series  ::)

Well. mole if you could read and weren't so arrogant I said" If this is true," then I stated my opinion.  I also think you may have not got the logistic of the conversation.  I have been around this sport for quite a number of years.  The point I was trying to get to, was that  the safety of the wrestlers is in the hands of the refferee, and he/she is the responsible party.  And yes you are right I haven't reffereed past sectionals, due to the fact that watching my son is far more important to me and I also know that I get to involved in the wrestling past the level of sectionals.  In other words you have to know when not to do it and if you can't do the JRs. correctly go to pee-wees and learn.

Well. mole if you could read and weren't so arrogant I said" If this is true," then I stated my opinion.  I also think you may have not got the logistic of the conversation.  I have been around this sport for quite a number of years.  The point I was trying to get to, was that  the safety of the wrestlers is in the hands of the refferee, and he/she is the responsible party.  And yes you are right I haven't reffereed past sectionals, due to the fact that watching my son is far more important to me and I also know that I get to involved in the wrestling past the level of sectionals.  In other words you have to know when not to do it and if you can't do the JRs. correctly go to pee-wees and learn.

I think the Mole was right on top of the "logistic" of your comment, and so was everybody else that read you "stating your opinion". You are the typical guy that has a license, doesn't officiate, but is an expert because you have been around wrestling for many years and once a year you send a check to the IHSAA to renew your license. A true referee (notice the correct spelling of the word) wouldn't call for an official's license because of an alleged bad call, because that referee has also made a bad call,or three, himself.  I hope you get the logistic of my comments Mr. C    ;D

if you can't do the JRs. correctly go to pee-wees and learn.

Ha...pee-wees are way harder to do than the juniors are! Any one that officiates the Olympic styles can likely attest to this! Those little ones roll around and many times they don't have a clue when the points are even being scored. At least the juniors have more control on their scoring!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.