Fargo info?

119@88

I need to know if my son has to qualify or can still go to Fargo.  He was going to go to freestyle state this past weekend , but got strept throat thursday.  We plan on going to Central regionals this month does that qualify him?  He would be at cadet 105. He qualifed last year but our team went to Disney, this year were not. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

119@88,

AJ is correct that your son will qualify for the Cadet/Jr Nationals in Fargo, by placing in the top 3 of Central Regionals. However to be eligible to compete in the Central Regionals, your son MUST participate in INDIANA's state meet. The ISWA State Freestyle Jr. meet is this Saturday at Lawrence North HS and Cadets will be allowed to compete.

JD,

how does the rule apply for a junior that will not be able to compete Saturday. I was told that they could wrestle and qualify for nationals by placing in the top 3 at central regionals without wrestling in the Indiana state tournament.

J.D.

I looked on qualifications for Fargo on the Central Regionals page and it says, all Intermediate,Novice and Schoolboy/girl age divisions must participate in ISWA freestyle or greco-roman finals in order to qualify.  Says nothing about cadet which my son is.

After further investigation, I found out that the need to qualify only applies to the younger wrestlers! Cadets and Jrs DO NOT have to qualify since their portion of the Central Regional is an "open" tournament - which includes multiple states. Therefore, I'm resending my previous statements. Thanks to Sharon Dowden, Louis Rosbottom, & Pete Isais for providing the information to set things staright.My apologizes for causing any undo stress to any and all wrestlers.

But still, as coaches, team leaders, and state directors - we want all our wrestlers to qualify at the Central Regionals - because they do two things - 1 They qualify as a wrestler - meaning they can change weight classes at Fargo  2 They do not count against the total number of participants that a state is limited too.  So go for it!

3 per weight class for a total of 45 plus all who qualify at Regionals or FILA Juniors. It is a little complicated though.  You can actually send 4 in one weight class if you only have 2 in another. For example: if you only have 2 wrestlers choose to go at 98, you can take an additional wrestler at 135 for a total of 4. Wrestlers who quailify at regionals or FILA Juniors do not count against your total.

Yes - the packets are being mailed this year. If you do not receive a packet and finished in the top 3, Jr's should contact Mike McCarthy - mikemccarthy@misco.biz  and Cadets  should contact Ben Nicely - ben7606@iquest.net

Top 3 of each wt. will be invited first.  If the weights are not filled, then the next placers will be invited. You qualify at the wt. you wrestled in state. That can change if a wt. opens up and that position may be used to fill in up to 4 per wt. If you finish in the top 3 of Central regionals, then you qualify as a wrestler and can go another wt.

JD Minch

Nicely is out of town until June 2nd. My son got his packet during the medal ceremony. You should double check with him and make sure he didnt get one then.

Nicelys email is wbnicely@hotmail.com just incase you have the wrong one. Hope this helps you.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.