Sara Mcmann SCREWED by USA WRESTLING!?!?

OTMF74

Speaking of women's wrestling, did anyone see Sara Mcmann get screwed out of winning another US Open title? If not Youtube US Open 2010 Sara Mcmann The Clinch, possible the worst call I've ever seen in my life! Check it out and tell me what you think?! It doesn't show it all but apparently at first the reward Sara with two then, after a film review they still agree that its still two, as they are raising Sara's hand to declare her the winner the head official comes running over to the mat and signals to the ref not to raise Sara's hand, and to raise the other girls hand.  The coaches demanded to know what the call was, and how they scored it, but the official wouldn't tell them, sounds political if you ask me??

(this is the story I was told by Sara herself, and her corner coach, Trent Goodale)

ps they refused to show the match on Big Ten Network as well, and demanded that flow nor themat release it online either, luckily it was posted by a friend who was taping the match. pretty odd that USA Wrestling wouldn't want that match shown, while all the other finals matches were.

I thought they did show the match on the original Big 10 showing? Though I could be thinking of another match.  I would assume FloWrestling video taped what it was able to but couldn't catch every match.  I'm also guessing, USA Wrestling may not be posting any of the final matches online until after theoriginal Big 10 TV spots have aired.  

From the Big 10 showing I thought I watched.  On the replay and commentary I believe they said Sarah's opponent scored a point on as they fell to the mat just proir to McMann's scoring her coutner points.  Not saying I think that is the right call but that is what I believe Van  Stokes and Ken Chertow concluded the judges said.  If I'm not mistaken they did show Tom Clark discussing the video with other officials before the final call was made.  Maybe he would able to enlighten us on what was decided.

Yes your right I apologize they did show it on the original cast, but then took it OFF the big ten network, my apology.  If i am able to post it correct here is how it went, you tell me what you think?!

From the broadcast they pointed the officials may have felt her sideways position between the 6-7 second mark as being enough to get the takedown or back exposure point (McMann's shoulders do slightly turn for a split second).  Then you could say Sara scored a back exposure just fractions of a second after.  Obviously at first glance it doesn't look like much bause even the replay if not the definative as far as the takedown goes.  However, I do tend to think the multiple judges have a better eye for those things than I usually do.

hmmm....i just don't see it, it doesn't look like a legitimate take down, but its not my call obviously the judges, i just know that the outside referee's agreed with the two for sara, and agreed again after the review...def not taking anything away from the other girl, she wrestled tough..I just don't see take down before the two, but that's just my two cents.

From the broadcast they pointed her her sideways position between the 6-7 second mark as being enough to get the takedown point.  Then Sara scored the back exposure just fractions of a second after.  Obviously at first glance it doesn't look like much bause even the replay if not the definative as far as the takedown goes.  However, I do tend to think the multiple judges have a better eye for those things than I usually do.

The sideways position maybe would get the takedown points in a folkstyle match because she supported herself with her hands. In freestyle it is not a takedown when the weight is supported on the hands and feet. One knee would have to be down on the mat before a takedown point is earned. Her knees never went down.

I'm glad to see that the state of Indiana's fans still know how to call a correct "2", now all we gotta do is help those head official's in USA Wrestling  ;D

Thanks for the input guys....keep em' coming!

"If I'm not mistaken they did show Tom Clark discussing the video with other officials before the final call was made.  Maybe he would able to enlighten us on what was decided." - MATTM. ...

If he was there maybe he could help us out with how they came up with the reds "1."

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.