Woo Hoo, NO MORE MANTHONGS!

busstogate

"Regarding weigh-ins, previously both male and female contestants had to weigh in wearing ?no more than a suitable undergarment.? Beginning next year, specific language has been added regarding what constitutes a ?suitable undergarment.? Male and female contestants will be required to wear a suitable undergarment that completely covers the buttocks and the groin area. In addition, for female contestants the suitable undergarment must also cover the breasts.

Bob Colgate, assistant director of the NFHS and committee liaison, said the change was made to consider privacy issues for all individuals involved with weigh-ins."

This new ruling makes me very happy.  After seeing so many wrestlers look and act like jackasses at weigh-ins in their butt floss, it finally trickled down to my middle school conference tournament this year with 6th graders etc.  Sorry about all you "let kids be kids" folks, but, what would have been next, back to Greece and oiling up?  Three cheers for NFHS.

"Regarding weigh-ins, previously both male and female contestants had to weigh in wearing ?no more than a suitable undergarment.? Beginning next year, specific language has been added regarding what constitutes a ?suitable undergarment.? Male and female contestants will be required to wear a suitable undergarment that completely covers the buttocks and the groin area. In addition, for female contestants the suitable undergarment must also cover the breasts.

I've seen several situations where a wrestler is 1/10 over and the coach and/or referee tells him to "drop his drawers" to make weight.  If I read this correctly they will no longer be able to do that.

I almost think naked would have been better than thongs.  The thongs seem to cultivate another level to the brotherhood exchange, if only on a superficial and performative level.  Probably just an added dimension to talking smack, but with the added "benefit" of turning the weigh-ins into something hypersexual.

Bob Colgate, assistant director of the NFHS and committee liaison, said the change was made to consider privacy issues for all individuals involved with weigh-ins."

The way I read it you can still weigh in naked, but if you choose to wear anything, it must follow the guidelines listed above.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.