ISWA Women's Freestyle State - May 1st, 2010

strub1

Start Making Plans Now!  I was just at the ISWA Meeting yesterday, April 18th and was told there will be a mat dedicated just for the Women's division.  If you wish to enter both women's and your age divisions, do not worry about overlaps in wrestling times.  I will work with tournament pairing to allow ample rest time between any conflicts.  Come and show your support for women's wrestling.  With the dedicated mat, we will wrestle as many exhibition matches as we can.  We will also schedule best of three matches for weight classes with only two competitors.

Darren Strub, ISWA Women's Director

ISWA WOMEN?S FREESTYLE STATE FINALS

MAY 1, 2010

Indiana State Fairgrounds, West Pavilion

1202 East 38th St. Indianapolis IN

Registration & Weigh-Ins for all Women

Registration and Weigh-ins for Women?s Freestyle State Finals will also be held from 6:00 -10:00 pm on Friday. Prior qualification is not required for the Women?s event.  All athletes must weigh-in wearing a competition singlet.

Tournament Entry Fee - $35.00 Cash only ? No personal checks accepted

All Event Spectator Fee - $10.00 ? (Children 10 & under will be admitted free of charge.)

Skin Checks

Certified Athletic Trainers will be conducting SKIN CHECKS on all wrestlers during weigh-ins. (For a more detailed explanation on skin checks, see the article located elsewhere in this publication.)

Wrestling Schedule

All wrestlers must report, ready to wrestle, at the following times:

Saturday: 8:00 am - Bantam/Intermediate/Cadet

Saturday: 1:30 pm - Pee-Wee/Novice/Schoolboy/girl and Women

Custom Awards & Patches

Custom awards will be presented to the TOP EIGHT places in each weight. In addition, all 1st place finishers will be awarded a Championship T-Shirt. 

All Women will also receive a custom Patch for placement or participation.

• 3 weeks later...

Seemed that everyone had a great day Saturday wrestling in the women's tournament.  Everyone had numerous exhibitions.  Everyone who wanted an exhibition had at least two matches, I believe some women had 5 matches.  We had the mat running with women's matches for well over two hours.  If any women that are on the fence and don't participate because of the amount would come, we would have a great tournament. 

I will pushing for a reduced rate to participate in both age and women's divisions, as well as another discount for participation in the greco tournament.

Those who were there, please let us know your thoughts of the new patches that were given out for the first time.

Any thoughts, comments, suggestions, etc. to help in the future will be more than welcomed.

Thanks for all that participated!

I have posted some pictures on Facebook from the finals.  Please see Darren Strub or ISWA Women's Wrestling Camp within Facebook.

Darren Strub

ISWA Women's Director