cody phillips this past weekend..

i saw he made it to the championship match .. and then was beat there by some kat from michingan?..    he got pinned?.. if so ..  did he get dominated.. or was it luck?.. what gives..  anyone have any information on this? 

how was his atittude afterwards?

While Cody had a very solid tournament but Rodriguez had his number in the finals.  Some great scrambles during the match that just didn't fall Cody's way.  Rodriguez had great movement and coutner attacks that cody didn't have a answer for.

http://www.flowrestling.org/videos/coverage/view_video/235141-2010-flonationals/322633-103lbs-freddie-rodriguez-mi-vs-cody-phillips-in

Here is a solid Semi-Finals win by Cody

http://www.flowrestling.org/videos/coverage/view_video/235141-2010-flonationals/322401-103lbs-cody-phillips-vs-james-decamillo

I agree, Rodriguez looked tough.  He started the match wrestling as a counter wrestler, and countered everything Phillips threw at him, with some great scrambling ability.  He opened up his offense about half way through, and looked really impressive. 

Who cares!  Cody is a beast and will befor some time everyone has a bad match once and a while I know the match would be different if it was wrestled again!  And it probably will be in the future.  Beat his ASS Cody!

Who cares!  Cody is a beast and will befor some time everyone has a bad match once and a while I know the match would be different if it was wrestled again!  And it probably will be in the future.  Beat his ASS Cody!

I totally agree!!!!!!!!!!

Or maybe I disagree.

Can someone translate this feeble attempt at communication?

Let me try.I made some changes ,hope that helps. Oh and I'm not a grammar teacher, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express. ;)

Who cares!  Cody is a beast and will be{space}for some time [.} [E]everyone has a bad match once and a [no space]while[.] I know the match would be different if it was wrestled again!  And it probably will be in the future.  Beat his ASS Cody!

Who cares!  Cody is a beast and will be{space}for some time [.} [E]everyone has a bad match once and a [no space]while[.] I know the match would be different if it was wrestled again!  And it probably will be in the future.  Beat his ASS Cody!

How about this

" Who cares? Cody is a beast and will be a beast for some time.  Everyone has a bad match once in a while.  I know the match would be different if it was wrestled again and it probably will be in the future.  Beat his ass Cody!

Thanks for the corrections,  but we love Cody like one of our own and I don't think his parents care about my spelling, punctuation, or grammer.  Its, just good I don't speak like I do on the job site. hahahahahahaa

Did anyone happen to notice that the ref was out of position to call the fall against Phillips?  How lazy is that?  When Cody swung his legs the other direction the ref was required to adjust position and check the other shoulder.  Pathetic.

Did anyone happen to notice that the ref was out of position to call the fall against Phillips?  How lazy is that?  When Cody swung his legs the other direction the ref was required to adjust position and check the other shoulder.  Pathetic.

Good Lord people, you act like the world is coming to an end because the kid lost a match.  Get over it.  Most of the time, no matter what endeavor you're involved in there's a bigger/badder guy than you somewhere.  He's performing well on a national stage.  The fact that he lost means he has some areas to improve in (at least versus particular styles) which means he hasn't reached his peak yet which is good.  You learn more from your losses than you do from your victories.

That didn't answer the question.  A kid losing a match once in awhile is not the issue.  The issue here is bad officiating.  Phillips wasn't stuck and the official was too lazy to get in position to call a fall.  Integrity of the sport is important.

That didn't answer the question.  A kid losing a match once in awhile is not the issue.  The issue here is bad officiating.  Phillips wasn't stuck and the official was too lazy to get in position to call a fall.  Integrity of the sport is important.

I am not against Phillips by any means... But it sounds like you are trying to make excuses. The ref was out of position, but it doesn't change the fact that Phillips was getting beat pretty handily before getting pinned. Phillips is a beast and had a great run in the tourney, but he just got outwrestled on that day... It happens.

The pinning area is more than just the shoulders, it extends to the shoulder blade. 

I understand that a fall is a 2-second count of both scapula touching the mat - not that this ref would see it from the opposite side of the action.  Let's face it:  this ref was mailing it in.  It's clear to me that Phillips was resisting without moving because he wasn't stuck.

If you are on your back the ref can call you pinned.  Rodriguez was dominating Phillips in this match and the pin was a legit call. 

After watching the video, I have to agree that he was pinned.  The argument that he must not have been pinned since he wasn't moving is flawed.  A lot of times, wrestlers who aren't used to getting put on their back, tend to be like a fish out of water once they end up there. 

Does Phillips getting dominated by a not top 8 112 show how weak 103 has actually become, or did Phillips really have THAT bad of a match.  Hopefully, cody will grow some and show us all whether or not 103 is as legit as the 13 other weightclasses

Does Phillips getting dominated by a not top 8 112 show how weak 103 has actually become, or did Phillips really have THAT bad of a match.  Hopefully, cody will grow some and show us all whether or not 103 is as legit as the 13 other weightclasses

This is a BS post.

It's not like Phillips went out there and wrestled like a Middle Schooler in the match.  I wouldn't even say Phillips was off his game that much.  Both wrestled solid hard matches and Rodriguez just had some great counter offense after a few of Cody's attacks.  Heck, if the hard fought scrambles throughout the match happened to end up in Phillips favor the match would have came right down to the wire.  If anything it shows how tough Ridriguez is when he is on his game instead of it showing any judgment towards Phillips or some of the other top individuals at 103.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.