LC bears Freestyle Tournament

peter dragon

I understand that this was a venue change and all but wow!!! This thing was really thrown together and very unorginized. I had one of my wrestlers get his first match at 1:45pm.  At the end of the LONG day while there was 6 mats open and about 7 bout cards deep on 2 tables I was able to find Chad kick back on the bleechers talking on his cell phone. Yeah I hope you got some money for your club Chad. This was the worst one in many years.

I agree with Peter, Chad should've been @ Beech Grove the previous weekend to see how a tournament should be ran! Great job to the Folks @ Beech Grove, after this weekend I have a much greater appreciation for how you ran your event!

Ok, I feel the need to at least throw in my two cents.  This was the first LC or Red Cobra tournaments that I have missed since we started wrestling about 4 years ago.  I have volunteered many hours at them all. Some have been horrible (not afraid to admit it), some have been fabulous, some were uneventful.  The point is that they have all been hard and required a lot of people to make happen.  I applaud the people who put the time in to make the tournament possible.  I talked to several people to see how it was going throughout the day and heard lots of good things.  I was actually kind of surprised to see complainers on here.    Like someone mentioned earlier, people at the same tournament can have a different opinion based on the particular mat that they are on, one interaction with a tournament worker, having a grudge against the club, or even just arriving at the tournament in a bad mood.    Someone was on here praising a tournament that I was at a few weeks ago. I almost fell out of my chair laughing when I read that it was the best tournament ever and that it was moving so fast.  I must have been the only one waiting hours between matches while watching them roll up mats when  there were still lots of matches to go.  I however did not get on here and complain about it.  I guess I am just used to it since we wrestle almost every weekend. Some tournaments just don't go so well and I am usually prepared for long days.  Out by 2pm sounds great though.     

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.