Espn Coverage

After watching the ncaa finals last night does anyone feel like the commentators are picking on Barry Davis the coach of Wisconsin while he is coaching in the finals. I thought it was quite funny to watch but could not believe how persistant the guy was who was interview the coach during his wrestlers (Howe) championship match. Could you imagine if Tony Dungy was being interviewed during a 4th and one situation about how he felt it would go during the play?!?! Does anyone know where one can find video of last night's matches and hopefully the hilarious interview with Coach Davis?

I would hope they weren't razzing him. He lost his brother in a snowmobile accident in the winter and they have not found his body and theyjust found  his helmet floating in the lake he dissapeared in this week. You could see how emotional he was after Andrew's win.

This is just a guess, but wouldn't Barry Davis have to agree to the interview prior to it happening?  Or did they just ambush him while he couldn't say no?  I think I have seen Barry Davis do in-match interviews before on the Big Ten Network, so maybe he is just amenable to doing them. 

I think the reporter interviewing Barry made himself look foolish with the stupid questions he was asking.  "Uh, youre sweating coach".    I'm all for generating more interest in the sport, and that may be why Barry agreed, if infact he did.  But come on, are they really trying to attract the viewers that are completely ignorant to the sport, and can only identify with the type of questions Barry was being asked at the time.  Oh well,  still glad with all the coverage they gave us. 

Anyone else think that Kevin Jackson was gonna snap Quint like a twig when he did the same thing with him during the 125 match?  They were obviously on a few second delay because I guarantee ESPN had to use it's dump button.

Also, I love the GEM from Quint that he posed to Ness after he won.  "So, why did you hug your dad?"......seriously, that was pathetic.

Also, I love the GEM from Quint that he posed to Ness after he won.  "So, why did you hug your dad?"......seriously, that was pathetic.

Yeah I was dumbfounded by that question too.  He easily had 100 different way to ask how Ness what his family means to this championship rather than to just ask why you would huge your  own dad.

I agree there were some dumb questions but I am just happy to see it televised.  Actually, overall it was a good broadcast if you ask me.  Some of the dumb questions don't even compare to the idiotic things you'll hear from some of the big time announcers. 

I also thought the coverage was good overall.  They were all well-informed.  The camera work was great.  And they had a lot of good interviews.

I can understand why it could seem like coach davis was being played with (incredibly open and animated, and they just kept with him).  However, who in their right mind would NOT mic and/or interview the head coach right in the middle of a competition of any kind if he's so obviously so readily accessible?  Did you hear them after they finally pulled the mic?  "Wow, that was excellent." (or something similar)    Coach Davis is Coach Davis--passionate, talkative, and a little awkwardly comical at his emotional best...and we all got to see him for real for a short bit.  I think they kept with him because it was great TV.