Coaches changing schools

Ace, the comments that i found to be the worst was hungus' that the kids are not getting better in carrols room.  i agree that y2s rtc is great we incourage all of or kids to go there.  secondly your right about me not seeking or needing approval from you about our team.  i was simply pointing out that at busco we have some good stuff going as a whole and that we also put in alot of time with coaching in the offseason.  the bfs stuff was said because i feel that our atheletes working on the same preograms year round is a  way that we get better while participating in several sports during the year.                                                                                                                                                                                                    one the same page of disscussing coaches coach dock told me to let karl know that he needs to spend less time on indianamat and more on the track.  he said he would get way less email questions that way. haha dont kil me i am just the messanger karl.  al comments should be sent docks direction.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ace, the comments that i found to be the worst was hungus' that the kids are not getting better in carrols room.  i agree that y2s rtc is great we incourage all of or kids to go there.  secondly your right about me not seeking or needing approval from you about our team.  i was simply pointing out that at busco we have some good stuff going as a whole and that we also put in alot of time with coaching in the offseason.  the bfs stuff was said because i feel that our atheletes working on the same preograms year round is a  way that we get better while participating in several sports during the year.                                                                                                                                                                                                    one the same page of disscussing coaches coach dock told me to let karl know that he needs to spend less time on indianamat and more on the track.  he said he would get way less email questions that way. haha dont kil me i am just the messanger karl.  al comments should be sent docks direction.

Ha.  Should have known spending time around dock would make you more sensitive.

I'm definitely not saying if Mater Dei can do it everyone can.  What do the numbers look like if the only school you take out is Mater Dei since they skew things so much?

It looks like there is a greater impact going from the all schools category to having the top 5 taken out (which would obviously include Mater Dei), than the incremental changes that are seen when the top 10, top 15, and top 20 are taken out.  

Not sure what the Beech Grove numbers prove, other than at one time they were a successful small school and now aren't doing as well as they were.  

And again, even if the numbers without Mater Dei show some difference, the "distinct advantages" aren't as dramatic as the 3x greater advantage you have argued in the past.  For example, with the numbers you have provided so far, in the instance where you take out the top 15, the big school group has 75.45% of the students and 78.93% of the state qualifiers.  This 3.48% difference comes out to less than 8 wrestlers in a year (224 state qualifers x 3.48%).

Speaking of Beech Grove, didn't Sacksteder leave a successful North Central team to coach there? Also, why do you not consider them successful anymore?

Speaking of Beech Grove, didn't Sacksteder leave a successful North Central team to coach there? Also, why do you not consider them successful anymore?

I was responding to Y2's comment:

Mater Dei charges $4000 a year for a student to go there and Beech Grove hasn't been lighting the world on fire the past six years with only seven state qualifiers, in the previous six years they had 27. 

• 2 months later...

i would just like to through some of my comments in there. pioneer had alot of mistakes going on with the coaching decision and that is why we had a hard time finding an new coach. we had one lined up and changed when we got another. i believe that he was offered a teaching job also but the plan got a little messed up when the teacher he was supposed to replace decided not to retire next year but i believe he will return next year and make Pioneer great. Pioneer needs him and as for a class wrestling system

CLASS WRESTLING IS GOOD WRESTLING!!!!!!!!!    ;D

• 2 weeks later...

[font=Verdana]One of the arguments that I hear for class wrestling is that the good coaches leave small schools and go to bigger schools for more success.  I am not saying that this does not happen, but I am just wondering situations were it has occurred.  Again im just trying to get some discussion going, I am not saying it does not happen, I can think of Randy Kerby as an example going from Bluffton to Columbia City.  What I do feel is that it doesn't happen very often.

I think coaching changes occur more often than not do to teaching oppurtunities than for coaching success.  I may be mistaken but I just dont think that these moves happen that often.

I also found this interesting.  This is a link to the football coaching changes from 07-08.  I do not notice alot of the coaches going from small schools to big schools on this list.

http://ifca.zebras.net/ifca/candler/foot2008/coaching_changes.htm

One final thing that I think we could discuss under this topic is the idea of elite coaches, and where they came from.  Did they start at a small school?  Did they start at the bigger school?  what kind of success would they or did they at a small school?  Just trying to cause soome disscussion, so dont jump my case if im wrong on this, i just cant think off of the top of many head  coaches going to big schools after having success at small schools.[/font]

Kerby went from Bluffton to Jay County then Columbia City

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.