hijacked threads by AJ.....

AJ

coach peck,

within the context of Y2 and my discussion you would see i am not trying to say mishawaka has it bad... the whole point is to see that just because a school is x times the size, that the porportion may not carry over to the athletes being x times the size.

Its people taking comments out of context that start arguments on this board that are unwarranted.

If Garrett has 25% athletes we would have 70 male athletes in the school.  If there are only 70 male athletes in our school, we would have about four sports.   We also have almost 10% of our boys on the wrestling team.  At Mishawaka that would mean 80 wrestlers, but at Garrett that means 25-30 wrestlers.

y2, thanks for the info, So does that means Garrett has a total of about 250- 300 athletes?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am bowing down to him and kissing his feet when I see him next.  I cannot believe the struggles they go through at Mishawaka.  I never realized having a bigger pool of athletes was so detrimental to their program.

wow once again context, y2,context. I was never saying Mishawaka had it harder, just showing that because a school has 4 times as many people does not mean that their "athlete" pool is 4 times bigger, according to what you said, Garrett had 25- 30 wrestlers and that is 10 percent of the athlete pool at Mishawaka, that means garrett has 250-300 athletes.

Mishawaka in 1999 had an approx total of 280 male sports participants, not total athletes. Out of those 280 participants probably 180 students filled those 280 slots. I find it somewhat unbelievable, that Garrett has 250-300 kids that participate in sports. I would have expected it to be around 100 or so.

believe it or not, lots of students in the city schools couldn't give a rip about sports and contribute nothing to the school in terms of sports.

I was just thinking about this thread and was wondering if anyone has seen my car keys?

what do they look like, more importantly what kinda car do you drive? Cause if its a good car, i might not return the keys if i find them ;-)

Lack of intelligence and common sense are like meth to me.  I am addicted

then why do you try to attack my posts?  if addicted to the LACK of intelligence and common sense, then you should be repelled by me.  :)

what do they look like, more importantly what kinda car do you drive? Cause if its a good car, i might not return the keys if i find them ;-)

Well my car keys are for a 2011 Mercedes...I actually drive a 1998 Chrsyler...  LOL

coach peck,

within the context of Y2 and my discussion you would see i am not trying to say mishawaka has it bad... the whole point is to see that just because a school is x times the size, that the porportion may not carry over to the athletes being x times the size.

Its people taking comments out of context that start arguments on this board that are unwarranted.

y2, thanks for the info, So does that means Garrett has a total of about 250- 300 athletes?

I said BOYS, not athletes.  Almost 1 out of every 10 boys that roam the hall at Garrett are wrestlers. About 20-25% of the male athletes wrestle.

Sorry, for that mistake, i thought you meant boy athletes, that is why i asked for clarification on the issue. Thanks for the answer, that clears things up quite a bit.

Almost 1 out of every 10 boys that roam the hall at Garrett are wrestlers. About 20-25% of the male athletes wrestle.

thats quite an accomplishment, kudos to you and the school on getting that much interest in the sport. I am not sure, but I think Mishawaka had somewhere between 40-50 wrestlers if I remember correctly. That means Mishawaka would have around 5 to 6 percent, and Mishawaka is a wrestling school! Thats between a 4 to 5 percent better percentage.... I'm not stating that to make any argument, just saying kudos.

Well my car keys are for a 2011 Mercedes...I actually drive a 1998 Chrsyler...  LOL

not saying i found your keys or anything for the 2011 mercedes, but can you tell me where the car is parked? ;D

not saying i found your keys or anything for the 2011 mercedes, but can you tell me where the car is parked? ;D

Now see that's the problem with people...I said I lost my car keys...Never said one word about actually owning the car they go to! 

Sorry, for that mistake, i thought you meant boy athletes, that is why i asked for clarification on the issue. Thanks for the answer, that clears things up quite a bit.

thats quite an accomplishment, kudos to you and the school on getting that much interest in the sport. I am not sure, but I think Mishawaka had somewhere between 40-50 wrestlers if I remember correctly. That means Mishawaka would have around 5 to 6 percent, and Mishawaka is a wrestling school! Thats between a 4 to 5 percent better percentage.... I'm not stating that to make any argument, just saying kudos.

In order for athletics to survive at a small school we must persuade kids that are not the most athletically inclined to participate or our whole athletic program will fail.  Along those same lines if the coaches do not share the athletes then the WHOLE athletic program fails also.  As I have tried to convey, Mishawaka and Garrett are worlds apart in terms of athletic programs.  

In order for athletics to survive at a small school we must persuade kids that are not the most athletically inclined to participate or our whole athletic program will fail.  Along those same lines if the coaches do not share the athletes then the WHOLE athletic program fails also.  As I have tried to convey, Mishawaka and Garrett are worlds apart in terms of athletic programs. 

Mishawaka and Garrett are in different situations, but mishawaka and LN, MD, Cathedral, Penn, Ben Davis, Jimtown, South Bend Schools and pretty much every other school are in different situations. No school is in the same situation, they all have issues to over come. Yet they compete against each other in other sports, sometimes the smaller school wins, sometimes the larger schools wins. More often the larger school wins. That is why I am all for team classing! But the fact is small schools can compete, and they can win.

However, when it comes to each and every individual, schools size does not matter. The kids from the small of schools can and have won state and I believe that classing an individual sport does no good for the college recruitment for the state, which seems to be the big argument for individual classes. The colleges are only going to take the best of the best as it is. If a wrestler from a small school is good enough to wrestle in college, then he is going to have success in a one class system. If he is unable to have success in a 1 class system, then I can't see colleges really going after him, atleast not yet in Indaina.

when i graduated my high school had around 2400 kids total and just because we had a bunch of kids didnt mean we didnt have a bunch of multi sport athletes. if you took away the kids who played football from all the other teams they played on they would have a team that was only at about 20% of what they would have been if the football players play. at all school whether they be big or small the athletes are still going to play

Who have I kicked off for disagreeing, please tell me.  I am curious to your conspiracy theory on this one.

Lie about how people are attacking me personally?  Are you serious?  Weren't you the one that said my opinion on one issue is detrimental to the team?  You were saying I am a bad coach because of my views.  That is a personal attack.  You creating a conspiracy theory on all these people kicked offI don't know why TAE hasn't posted much, but his decline started before the advent of this board.

One of you took off one of my posts in regards to the class wrestling isnt a good idea.  It had nothing 'harmful' in it....i posted it and thirty minutes later it was gone.

However, when it comes to each and every individual, schools size does not matter. The kids from the small of schools can and have won state and I believe that classing an individual sport does no good for the college recruitment for the state, which seems to be the big argument for individual classes. The colleges are only going to take the best of the best as it is. If a wrestler from a small school is good enough to wrestle in college, then he is going to have success in a one class system. If he is unable to have success in a 1 class system, then I can't see colleges really going after him, atleast not yet in Indaina.

So any kid that is not contacted by a college coach should hang up his shoes?  I am glad I did not take that advice.