Carroll Chargers

tank4773

I thought Carroll had a solid team, they have a good core coming back, I think they could finally wrestle away the NHC from Bellmont, just an opinion, I know that's earned on the mat! But I like the LeFever's, really ground young men and very hard workers. I like their coaching staff, show a real passion for the kids!

God Bless in 2011

I thought Carroll had a solid team, they have a good core coming back, I think they could finally wrestle away the NHC from Bellmont, just an opinion, I know that's earned on the mat! But I like the LeFever's, really ground young men and very hard workers. I like their coaching staff, show a real passion for the kids!

God Bless in 2011

They are solid but it takes more than solid to take the NHC crown away from Bellmont.  Look how close Bellmont was to Yorktown in that team regional match a few weeks ago.  For Bellmont, this was a down year and they still ran away with the NHC and, IMO, they won't be challenged in the foreseeable future.  I agree that the LeFever's are great young men that any coach would love to have on their team.

Carroll has a ton of talent on their team beyond the Lefevers.  They have Logan Ables, Jon Timmerman, Logan Raypole and others that could challenge for spots at Conseco next year.  They could have 5+ state qualifiers next year.  If Voight has hung up the whistle, he definitely did not leave the cupboard bare.

1oldwrestler,

You're right it will take more than solid to take anything from the champs. Yes, this year they did run away at the tourney, but Carroll wasn't wrestling with their full, regular line-up either. They had a rash of injuries, and had lost a returning SS qualifier right before the dual.  But, I think next year will be real interesting, I know Bellmont has Faurote and Meyer coming back, not sure who else, but they also have kids that step up. Should be fun to watch if both teams are at full strength!

1oldwrestler,

You're right it will take more than solid to take anything from the champs. Yes, this year they did run away at the tourney, but Carroll wasn't wrestling with their full, regular line-up either. They had a rash of injuries, and had lost a returning SS qualifier right before the dual.  But, I think next year will be real interesting, I know Bellmont has Faurote and Meyer coming back, not sure who else, but they also have kids that step up. Should be fun to watch if both teams are at full strength!

Bellmont will return 10 Semi-State Qualifiers

Travis Thatcher-7th place at state at 189 and Hankenson-SQ at 160

They have plenty of guys ready to step into the 2 or 3 holes they have opening up.

There is no doubt that Carroll has a great wrestling program. Over the past few years they have really stepped it up. The Lefevers are amazing wrestlers but there are many more on the team as well. I think the match up between Carroll and Bellmont will be a very good one but I honestly cannot say Who I think will win. I would love to see Carroll pull it off and they have the ability to do it but Bellmont is returning a good line-up as well.  Regardless of the outcome it will be a great match for everyone to watch!

There is no doubt that Carroll has a great wrestling program. Over the past few years they have really stepped it up. The Lefevers are amazing wrestlers but there are many more on the team as well. I think the match up between Carroll and Bellmont will be a very good one but I honestly cannot say Who I think will win. I would love to see Carroll pull it off and they have the ability to do it but Bellmont is returning a good line-up as well.  Regardless of the outcome it will be a great match for everyone to watch!

Believe me, I'm no Bellmont guy and this was the year if there was going to be an upset.  They had  some matches against NHC opponents where they only won 8 matches.  I think they were playing with their lineup a fair amount but in the past, even a Bellmont team that was tuning up for the post season would crush most NHC teams.  Barring injuries, no one will challenge them again next season in the NHC.  If your definition of "a great match for everyone to watch" is Caroll winning 5 or 6 matches next year then it will be entertaining.  IMO, it will be years before they are dethroned or challenged.

Bellmont loses 3 wrestler's Weaver 145 losing record. Hormann 130 really good or really bad. and Bultemeier 215 and solid kid. That means the return 10 semi-state qualifiers.  I know alot of thing can happen between now and then, but all things being equal it should be a good match but  Bellmont will prevail

Mr Faurote does more with a program in one year then most do in a lifetime.  This team is well coaches and has the mentality of champions.  When they step on the mat you know your in for a fight at every weight class every year.  Returning 10 guys they will definatly have the advantage/

I will go one step furture and say the Braves of Bellmont team state champions 2011.  They will be solid down low and unbeatable up top.  They return state top level guys at 135, 160, 189, and hvy.  4 elete wrestlers with semi state quality level or above wrestlers at every other spot make the Belmont Braves Duck and Runs 2011 state champions.

one step furture /  4 elete wrestlers  

Dude, you have to learn how to spell.  Your ridiculous posts are made more ridiculous by your grammar.  I'm looking at my keyboard and you're not just accidentally hitting the wrong key or missing a key.  If you're a teenager I'll cut you some slack but if you're 20 or older, get to a Sylvan Learning Center pronto.  

beach bum nice post.  Try and discredit me for doing something everyone else does.  All I am doing is making a prediction.  I might add that it has a descent shot of happening.  The Braves closed the gap on Yorktown(2nd or 3rd best in the state) to within one match of going Bellmonts way.  Also Mishawaka and Yorktown are loosing several wrestlers this season.  It will be hard for those teams to rebound from their loses and stay ahead of the braves.  Crown Point will definatly have a shot at the title but they also lose some key members of their team.  It will be close but my prediction is Bellmont in a close one.

??? Why does everyone try to discredit Duck? It seems as if everyone does not like him at all! I have looked through some of his post and when he makes predictions they aren't far off of what actually happens. And also everyone is allowed to have their own opinion, and I think that Duck just calls it as he see's it and isn't afraid to produce bold statements!

??? Why does everyone try to discredit Duck?

Good question when his does a fine job himself

It seems as if everyone does not like him at all!

I would hope that most don't stoop to DNR's level and base whether they like or dislike someone on a message board

I have looked through some of his post and when he makes predictions they aren't far off of what actually happens.

Do you have examples?  Or is this another one of your silly statements like calling Metcalf a better wrestler than Caldwell?

And also everyone is allowed to have their own opinion, and I think that Duck just calls it as he see's it and isn't afraid to produce bold statements!

God bless America!

THanks JGwrestler.  Your absolutly right my predictions have never been that far off and many people like the topics I start.  In fact I would venture to say people read my post more then anyone on the board.  The thing that kills me is how they will disrespect anything I say anyway they can.  It really does make the haters look ignorant most of the time. 

Busstogate I will agree with you that Yorktown has been closing the gap as a program, but the past two years Bellmont has been way behind Yorktown at the start of the year.  By the end of the season Bellmont closed the gaps more then any other team in the state.  Even if they don't have the atheletes, Bellmont gets more out of there talent then any team in the state.  So I guess were just looking at this in a little different way.

THanks JGwrestler.  Your absolutly right my predictions have never been that far off and many people like the topics I start.  In fact I would venture to say people read my post more then anyone on the board.  The thing that kills me is how they will disrespect anything I say anyway they can.  It really does make the haters look ignorant most of the time. 

Those that have the patience to sift through your hideous spelling and grammer do so because you entertain us.  Kind of like why people can't look away from a car wreck or go to the sideshow tent at the circus.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.