wish willis would have been 100% vs. mcmurray

frigginhurts

a lot of said vlahos got cheated out of the opportunity to wrestle for 1st but willis did too.  i think mcmurray would have won but i would have loved to have seen willis at 100% wrestle mac. 

for willis to only be a soph and be built like he is impresses the heck out of me.

also, i'm still not sure why everyone hates on mac...i did think it was classy that he didn't work the arm or shoulder over during the final match.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

a lot of said vlahos got cheated out of the opportunity to wrestle for 1st but willis did too.  i think mcmurray would have won but i would have loved to have seen willis at 100% wrestle mac. 

for willis to only be a soph and be built like he is impresses the heck out of me.

also, i'm still not sure why everyone hates on mac...i did think it was classy that he didn't work the arm or shoulder over during the final match.

Was it classy to hold up 3 fingers for the last 10 seconds of the match while in the top position...that's the reason hate on McMurray

people hate on mcmurray for his piss poor attitude and not for his wrestling ability. he deserves respect as a 3 time state champion wrestler but he doesn't exactly deserve a mental attitude award. i agree about the holding up the 3 fingers during the match- dumb move.

You can do that when you are a 3 time Indiana state CHAMP

You can do that when you are a 3 time state champ AFTER the match.  Do whatever you want after the match to celebrate, but show some class while the match is still taking place.

mcmurrayis dedicated, and from wat ive seen a nice guy, being

a 3 time state champ, give him a little bit lol

it was disrepectful, but its part of the celebrating for him, it just

happened during the match instead of after

You really don't see the problem with that?

Yeah and it was also classy the way he rode him out the final 20 seconds.  The kid is cocky and its fine with me hes the best we had to offer he should be a little cocky.  As far as willis being 100%, I will be the first to say he had even more of an advantage after the Vlahos match.  The kid was not hurt in the first place.  Then he got extra rest by not having to wrestle the rest of the match with Vlahos.  He was the freshest kid in the finals and he still got beat badly.  Not trying to be rude but he did more on bottom this match then he did the first match that shows me he was by no means hurt.  There was no pain or agony on his face when he got his bad shoulder raised after the Vlahos match.  I will also say I like the Willis kid he seems like a nice kid and a great wrestler, but someone made the call that he could not continue in the semis.  I wonder who changed there mind come the finals.  

You really don't see the problem with that?

i dont think it was the right thing to do, but theres nothing we could

do to stop him from it, and hes going to remember his high school years

his whole life, hes proud of his accomplishments and he was acting without

thinking in my opinion.  I wish i knew what it felt like to be a 3 time state

champ, lool i bet its amazing

i dont think it was the right thing to do, but theres nothing we could

do to stop him from it, and hes going to remember his high school years

his whole life, hes proud of his accomplishments and i was acting without

thinking in my opinion.  I wish i knew what it felt like to be a 3 time state

champ, lool i bet its amazing

If everyone flaunted every accomplishment the way he did, the world would be a pretty awful place.  As I said before, if he had waited until after the clock read zero and he was not laying on top of his opponent, there would be no problem.  Celebrate, but do not humiliate someone else in the process.

If everyone flaunted every accomplishment the way he did, the world would be a pretty awful place.  As I said before, if he had waited until after the clock read zero and he was not laying on top of his opponent, there would be no problem.  Celebrate, but do not humiliate someone else in the process.

3 time state champ is kinda a big deal though, he didnt cause any problems just some

arguements and lost a little respect, lighten up

3 time state champ is kinda a big deal though, he didnt cause any problems just some

arguements and lost a little respect, lighten up

I saw many other champs, repeat and first timers, who were excited and overwhelmed but did not disrespect their opponent.  Eric Roach is the perfect example, he was so excited that he leapt into the ams of his coach.  Afterward he saught out his opponent and the opposing coaches to shake hands.  He was just as excited to win a championship but showed class and grace.

I saw many other champs, repeat and first timers, who were excited and overwhelmed but did not disrespect their opponent.  Eric Roach is the perfect example, he was so excited that he leapt into the ams of his coach.  Afterward he saught out his opponent and the opposing coaches to shake hands.  He was just as excited to win a championship but showed class and grace.

Im not saying what mcmurray did was right, im just saying dont judge

him if you dont know him, not that you are... i personally dont know him

very well, but i dont think any less of him for what he did

Im not saying what mcmurray did was right, im just saying dont judge

him if you dont know him, not that you are... i personally dont know him

very well, but i dont think any less of him for what he did

I don't know him personally, nor do I know what it feels like to be a state champion, but I have seen these acts from him after winning matches of "lesser importance."  If you can't judge someone from their actions, what can you judge them by?

I don't know him personally, nor do I know what it feels like to be a state champion, but I have seen these acts from him after winning matches of "lesser importance."  If you can't judge someone from their actions, what can you judge them by?

dont judge, get to know him, everyones made mistake or done things

they arnt proud of, dont hold everything theyve ever done wrong

against them.  He has to live with wat he did and all he can do is learn

fro, his mistakes... just like tiger woods lol idk why you brought his name up...

Im very positive Sean didnt do it to disrespect Willis he has alot of respect for Willis. Trust me i know i live with the kid. He won his thrid state title he raised three fingers on top when Willis knew he had loss on bottom. Not outta disrespect to Willis or anyone else in the 160 weight class. Everyone knows Sean is a different act. Yes he is cocky, but wrestlers are like that. He doesnt get any credit for what he did at state only that he held up three fingers! He shut out every opponent at state 37 points to zero! why does everyone bash on him. Ill never understand. But now he is gone let him go and stop bashing him! No one said anything about Janney running around with 5 secs left. This is one of the biggest accomplishments for wrestlers! and being a three timer where only 31 others guy have won three or four is a great accomplishment. Its crazy how all people talk about is booing willis and sean raising three fingers. How bout how Willis went out to wrestle with that injured shoulder, Sean winning his third reese placing fifth first year down there find something else.

dont judge, get to know him, everyones made mistake or done things

they arnt proud of, dont hold everything theyve ever done wrong

against them.  He has to live with wat he did and all he can do is learn

fro, his mistakes... just like tiger woods lol idk why you brought his name up...

He wrote a ridiculous apology post on this board about a week before state basically saying everything you outlined above, only to distrspect yet ANOTHER opponent under the lights.  He's a great wrestler, no doubt, but he has a thing or two to learn about sportsmanship

Im very positive Sean didnt do it to disrespect Willis he has alot of respect for Willis. Trust me i know i live with the kid. He won his thrid state title he raised three fingers on top when Willis knew he had loss on bottom. Not outta disrespect to Willis or anyone else in the 160 weight class. Everyone knows Sean is a different act. Yes he is cocky, but wrestlers are like that. He doesnt get any credit for what he did at state only that he held up three fingers! He shut out every opponent at state 37 points to zero! why does everyone bash on him. Ill never understand. But now he is gone let him go and stop bashing him! No one said anything about Janney running around with 5 secs left. This is one of the biggest accomplishments for wrestlers! and being a three timer where only 31 others guy have won three or four is a great accomplishment. Its crazy how all people talk about is booing willis and sean raising three fingers. How bout how Willis went out to wrestle with that injured shoulder, Sean winning his third reese placing fifth first year down there find something else.

Raise three fingers all you want, AFTER you get up off your opponent.  I realize that you know him much better than I ever will, but from an outside perspective, this reflects very poorly on him.  Maybe as someone on his inner circle, you cannot see how disrespectful these actions really are, even if he does not intend them to be.  Just because someone does not intend to disrespect, does mean they do not need to consider the fact that they may do so.  Think about the consequences of your actions before you act, and consider how you look, especially if you are representing your school.

Ridiculous apology? Man you def dont know Sean.

I think people have admitted that they don't know Sean as well as you do especially since you are his brother. With that said, people can only base their opinion of him off of his actions and attitude- you can't blame people for thinking he is an amazing wrestler that deserves respect for being a 3 time state champion but needs a bit of help on sportsmanship. Whether you win state for the first time, two times, three times, or even four, you can have a good attitude and wait to celebrate until after your match or do so in a classy way.

People are not taking anything away from his accomplishments and are just stating the fact that he showed bad sportsmanship. Nothing wrong with that.

Well its a good thing you dont have to put up with his act anymore in a high school match then huh? Why not just drop it and move on?

I think people have admitted that they don't know Sean as well as you do especially since you are his brother. With that said, people can only base their opinion of him off of his actions and attitude- you can't blame people for thinking he is an amazing wrestler that deserves respect for being a 3 time state champion but needs a bit of help on sportsmanship. Whether you win state for the first time, two times, three times, or even four, you can have a good attitude and wait to celebrate until after your match or do so in a classy way.

People are not taking anything away from his accomplishments and are just stating the fact that he showed bad sportsmanship. Nothing wrong with that.

I'm just tired of everyone bashing on him if he does something that is "disrespectful" to them. Sorry sean isnt what all you guys want him to be. He meant no harm to anyone im very sure of that.

Well its a good thing you dont have to put up with his act anymore in a high school match then huh? Why not just drop it and move on?

I'm just tired of everyone bashing on him if he does something that is "disrespectful" to them. Sorry sean isnt what all you guys want him to be. He meant no harm to anyone im very sure of that.

He didn't disrepect me or really anyone on this message board so I guess he is "all I wanted him to be". It was disrespectful to his opponent and just showed a lack of good sportsmanship. I'm sorry you're tired of people bashing on him but its not like people are making rude comments for no reason- there is some justification behind the "bashing" and again, nothing is being taken away from his accomplishments, as it shouldn't.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.