Merriville vs Fort Wayne

duck_and_run

I did not do the whole tournement but in there Friday night matches Fort Wayne was even up the Merriville semi state in head to head matches.

103-  Merriville 3 wins Ft Wayne 1 win

140- Merriville 2 wins Ft Wayne 2 wins

152- Merriville 2 wins Ft Wayne 2 wins

160- Merriville 2 wins Ft Wayne 2 wins

189- Merriville 1 win Ft Wayne 3 wins

215- Merriville 2 wins Ft Wayne 2 wins

12 to 12 looks like a lot of parity to me.  If you count Stahl for Fort Wayne which I do its 13-11 nice job Fort Wayne way to stick it to those cocky arrogant Merriville fellows.  If anything Merriville is top heavy they do not have the depth of other semi states and it shows when the weakest semi state goes heads up with you and doesn't loose any ground. 

I understand that this makes for good posting material, but I am tired of hearing the comparison between Merriville and Ft. Wayne. All of these kids work hard all year (no matter what region they are from) and can get on a roll at any time. BTW, I am from the Merriville region, but I enjoyed watching Jackson wrestle the most...that kid is an animal and is always working.

12 to 12 looks like a lot of parity to me.  If you count Stahl for Fort Wayne which I do its 13-11 nice job Fort Wayne way to stick it to those cocky arrogant Merriville fellows.  If anything Merriville is top heavy they do not have the depth of other semi states and it shows when the weakest semi state goes heads up with you and doesn't loose any ground. 

how do you loose ground

Yeah go ahead and boo me.  You can't fight facts.  Without Mishawaka you guys are a bottom level semi state.  Yeah you may have a lot of champs, but your not as deep as the other semi states when it comes right down to it.

And it would be the same for FW with Yorktown, New castle with Perry Meridian! Evansville has MD Reitz and castle.

Believe it or Not Evansville performed the worst this season

In The top three-

MV-14

NC-13

FW-10

EV-5

Fort Wayne is getting better but they still don't match up with MV.

If you take away mishawaka then insert the next best kid that is still one hell of a line up coming out of MV. This season a lot of the mish kids came into the SS as 2 or 3's from regionals and they upset quality kids in the ticket round.

OHHHH not to mention

FW lost 1 champion in the first round and 2 of their champs got 8th

MV lost 1 Champ in the first, but the 1 placed 5 and the rest placed 4th or better.

I said you were top heavy and had no depth.  6 champs is great, but I look at placers to see the overall quality and it showed a ton of parity this year. 

Top heavy!!!!!!! Is that a bad thing not to mention

top 8s

MV-30

NC-30

EV-24

EV-28

By the number post I gave exact numbers for each of the ss number 1-8. MV and NC were well above the oth two

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.