Mish. 2011 ?

Inthecave

Can Mish. do in 2011 like Crown Point did this year , by winning a State Championship and be competitive the following year ?

First off, didn't Mishawaka do that on 08 and 09? I mean win state and then be a contender again? That being said, mishawaka is going to have a tough time getting through Penn next year. Penn's team was young and gave a senior dominated mishawaka team some great competition. I think next year penn might be down at team state.

First off, didn't Mishawaka do that on 08 and 09? I mean win state and then be a contender again? That being said, mishawaka is going to have a tough time getting through Penn next year. Penn's team was young and gave a senior dominated mishawaka team some great competition. I think next year penn might be down at team state.

agree but i would never count out a team coached by snyder. he will get guys ready and guys will step up and do their jobs. but i agree penn next year has a great shot at a run at team next year

Just a thought...

I can see Mishawaka getting 4th or 5th at the Traicoff

losing to Penn in a close match

2nd or 3rd at the Al Smith

being very, very competitive in the Bellmont Super Duals (maybe going 4-1 or even 5-0)

and in the end win a close sectional with Penn and move on to Team State.

What I am trying to say is, at the beginning of the year we will be talking about how down they are from this year(which shouldn't surprise anyone since they have 9-10 seniors) and then at the end of the year talking about how much they have improved because they will have so many new guys at the beginning of the year(and I'm guessing 2 or 3 first year guys qualify for state)

Mish has to go out and beat Yorktown before they should be talking about a second state title.  In heads up matchups at state Mish didn't fair to well.  0-3 by my calculations but whos counting.  Also there was some bonus points in there at 130, I doubt that happens next weekend but you never know.  I am not sure what happend to Hiestand at 135 but he took Norton to OT and was the aggressor.  Could be a real rocking finals I still have Mish winning but they shouldn't get ahead of themselves.

Thanks DecBell, I like your optimism, but I think we may be down next year losing so many starters.  But the program/jv/frosh is solid, so hopefully the younger kids can step up next year.  DuneFan, we (non-region but M'Ville allies) always root for the Region and everybody up our way because we know we go through the toughest schedules/dual tourney's/individual tourney's around.  Why so negative on the Cavemen?  None stood on top of the podium this year, for the first time in 4 years, but we had one or two (or 9) standing on the podium at least.

I might have missed it, but out of the nine placers how many stood on the top stair of the podium? 

I think Lentz showed poor sportmanship after his loss to Cleveland also.

how many guys had 3+ guys on the podium? nobody is talking how good individuals are here, but they are losing a lot of state placers. and how did he show poor sportsmanship? he lost in the championship and was upset because there were many close non-calls where they didnt go his way. not saying cleveland isnt deserving but when lentz is in the process of putting him on his back and basically has a reversal, i feel that is an escape from the guy on top IMO... just sayin

Oddsmaker:

This was meant for other members of the board that say the only reason the Merrillville

semi-state has the most winners is because of the Mishawaka-South Bend area.  The 6 winners

our semi-state had were all from the region.  It actually  should have been 7 had the Yorktown Heavyweight

been called for stalling which is all he did the whole match.  I don't think the Cavemen will have any

problem winning another team state title.  I just hope CP gives them a better battle than they did

at the Traicoff, but I don't see any team coming close to them.  Sorry if I came across as being anti-Cavemen.

It actually  should have been 7 had the Yorktown Heavyweight

been called for stalling which is all he did the whole match.   

lol, you guys never stop

Maybe if Travis had tried wrestling the entire match like he did the last :15 he would have won..................

Janney got the single leg and won the match with it, let it go.......

Oddsmaker:

This was meant for other members of the board that say the only reason the Merrillville

semi-state has the most winners is because of the Mishawaka-South Bend area.  The 6 winners

our semi-state had were all from the region.  It actually  should have been 7 had the Yorktown Heavyweight

been called for stalling which is all he did the whole match.   I don't think the Cavemen will have any

problem winning another team state title.  I just hope CP gives them a better battle than they did

at the Traicoff, but I don't see any team coming close to them.  Sorry if I came across as being anti-Cavemen.

My bad Dune, thanks.  I'm glad we go against the region in so many tourneys, makes us tougher by the end of the year!  I still am worried about how we match up with Yorktown though!

Oddsmaker:

been called for stalling which is all he did the whole match.   I don't think the Cavemen will have any

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, then every day would be Christmas!  Janney won the match fair and square.  He converted a single leg takedown

for the only takedown of the match.  Be happy with your semi-state winning their 6 championships and just accept it!

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, then every day would be Christmas!  Janney won the match fair and square.  He converted a single leg takedown

for the only takedown of the match.  Be happy with your semi-state winning their 6 championships and just accept it!

Janney never got a takedown--he got 2 escapes and one penalty point--for fleeing the mat--when he had the one leg--getting a penalty point is a far cry from a takedown..

how many guys had 3+ guys on the podium? nobody is talking how good individuals are here, but they are losing a lot of state placers. and how did he show poor sportsmanship? he lost in the championship and was upset because there were many close non-calls where they didnt go his way. not saying cleveland isnt deserving but when lentz is in the process of putting him on his back and basically has a reversal, i feel that is an escape from the guy on top IMO... just sayin

It was called a reversal (then changed to an escape) in the semi-final Welch-Bennett match.  But I guess you have to be in sudden death overtime to get that call..just sayin.

Janney never got a takedown--he got 2 escapes and one penalty point--for fleeing the mat--when he had the one leg--getting a penalty point is a far cry from a takedown..

I stand corrected on Janney not getting a takedown.  I guess the ref determined that he would have had a takedown, had Travis not dove out of bounds.

Mishawaka is tough, and will be tough.  Although Penn is getting tougher every day!!!  That's some good wrestling coming from a relatively small area!!!

Penn will be real tough from 103-152 . They will be solid at 215 with returning junior  SQ Devin Reagan . The main holes to fill will be at 160,171,285 (Kunzee, Wiseman, johnson). I would not count Mishawaka out just yet . Look at the number of studs they lost last year, including multable state champions Sandefer and Harper . And look what they managed to put together this year .

Penn will be real tough from 103-152 . They will be solid at 215 with returning junior  SQ Devin Reagan . The main holes to fill will be at 160,171,285 (Kunzee, Wiseman, johnson). I would not count Mishawaka out just yet . Look at the number of studs they lost last year, including multable state champions Sandefer and Harper . And look what they managed to put together this year .

did harper win a state title last year? didnt think so.  and agreed that there are holes to fill but mishawaka has some hole to fill as well dont count out penn.  one last coment at the penn vs mishawaka duel penn's jv team had tthe win

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.